test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arcane power Emissives, Runes, Tomes, And Staves

xenonomadxenonomad Posts: 15 Arc User
So, a while ago we got Rune emissives for a couple arcane powers, and I'm all for that, But really we didn't exactly go very far with it So they're used less than they could be. So my suggestion is twofold

Firstly, we have a Lot of runes, symbols and the like that are part of the game already, and Id like to see more of them added to the rune list, and rune emissions added as an option or even default, to more appropriate abilities.

you could even expand it to, instead of a floating energy rune, the more classic arcane foci, orbs, spellbooks, et cetera, Could even switch it up a little and do little rune circles, like a condensed version of the Circle of arcane power and other similar abilities, all of which would work pretty smoothly occupying the same "render point" as the runes do currently, and I would LOVE to actually cast the magic missile power, From a spellbook.

Secondly, and what would What would very much be amazing is if we could get an alternate emissive for certain powers that is a staff, We have so many staff weapon skins, Including the recent Pumpkin Lich staff (which is badass) but spellcasters cannot use them except as a back decoration.

The supernatural and arcane powersets in particular, and perhaps some elemental powers, having "weapon" or "staff" as an emission point, would make for some amazing visuals for a start, and allow for some much more interesting character designs.

I mean for most spells the "animation" would basically be a "pointing staff at thing" or "semi generic thrusting or staff blasting" or "staff held aloft" for self-centred AoEs, like Vala's light or Skarn's bane.

I don't know if its feasible to add an emission point as "weapon" to allow people to toggle between hand, rune, and staff casting but we clearly did something not too dissimilar with the weapon auras. and it seems a waste of really good assets not to make use of this.

Not to mention the potential for more awesome spellcaster skins down the line, from variations of spell tomes and scrolls (I would consider merging them with the unlocks that added spell scrolls and books as belt accessories) The Oni slayer's belt skulls would also make a pretty cool skin for the 'rune' slot

In addition to spellcasters this could also potentially allow clever cross-powerset combinations, down the line, like Ice breath mounted onto a munitions weapon emissive, to make a cryo gun, like the ice blaster and cryo rifle skins we already have. In most cases you could use the animations of the weapon emissive without much problem, Even flinging a fireball from a sword could use a fairly simple charge and swing, or charge and thrust, animation as a few of them already have, The thrust wind up could also be useful for maintains like fire breath or soul beam as they point the weapon at the enemy and sort of hold it and slightly shudder, as if dealing with recoil.

Comments