test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need a support Melee PVD to compliment Electric Vengeance (Superconductor + Negative Ions )

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited November 2023 in Suggestions Box
Also Havoc Hammer needs a melee way to apply sonic debuff, but this PVD is kinda horrible with the self debuff that locks you from using both the PVD and Haymaker! I may have use for it on a Support-Tank with AORP build idea

Look, I have a Love-Hate relationship with PVDs because they replaced actual framework revamps But I CAN'T DENY, they add a lot of interest ideas and concept to the table!

And I want Elemental Melee so bad! I have been experimenting on PTS with a Staff/Spear Electric Vengeance Build!
Combining Both Single Blade + Heavy Weapons to emulate that I'm using a staff

I'm a stubborn guy with my FF theme builds, I don't want to use RANGE powers on a melee build to apply Superconductor (Negative ions are forgiving with Ball Lighting)

Electric Vengeance is very nifty but leaves more to be desired! I don't want to use neither Chain Lightning nor Storm Summoner nor Electrocute nor Terak Generator to apply Superconductor, I have an Electric Melee weapon build and I want to stick with it

Now, with Bloodmoon we got 2.5 Toxic Blades PVDs, one which applies Debilitating poison!
Wait a minute, That's unfair, why do Toxic Blades get their respectic BUFFs on support PVDs that don't break the theme when Electric Vengeance and Havoc Hammer don't
I updated a FF build myself using Toxic Blades and Venom Shock (I don't need Blight Touch) and I'm very happy with how stable the Toxic Melee is

So here is the idea!
Make AOE PVD that uses Single Blade as base (Crimson Bloom could be interesting to use as base, I'm bias because that's the power I use for my Staff/Spear character)

Thunder Dragon Rod
Availability: Hi-Pan: Fury of the Dragon alert! The perfect place, Hi-Pan is using electrical melee powers himself with his weapon!
We are getting close to Christmas and Lunar New Year, It's the perfect alert to add Elemental Weapon PVDs
  • Deals Electric Damage
  • While maintaining the power, it has a chance to apply Negative Ions
  • After FULL maintenance a Thunderstrike lands on you, dealing additional damage and applies Superconductor to the targets
  • Leaves an Electric Forcefield after Full Maintenance that has a chance to apply Negative Ions on the targets!
  • Extra Damage against targets with Chilled (Let's say it's a Psedo Water-Electric synergy, just like Ghosthunter Rifle has extra damage against Undeads)
----
Let's try again while I was brainstorming today

Take #2
Thunder Cyclone Dragon Rod
  • Deals Electric Damage
  • While maintaining the power it Reverse Repel/Vacuums the enemies towards you
  • While maintaining the power it has a chance to applies Negative Ions on the enemies
  • After FULL maintenance a Thunderstrike lands on you, knocks down the targets dealing additional damage and applies Superconductor to the targets
  • Leaves behind a small Dust Devil that deals DOT and has a chance to apply Negative Ions and Refresh Superconductor
  • Deals additional Damage against targets with Repel or/and Knock Immunity

Making it the Melee version of Storm Summoner with Magnetic ADV

Now if I could, I would apply a new Debuff, Crushing+Electric resistance Debuff, for synergy with Heavy Weapons :pensive: ]
Since Dual-Debuff are limited to only their respectful owners we could have variety at least
---
Take #3
Just take Karen Morphontraxs' Eruption and make it a PVD! It's already a PVD by itself

--
Since I mentioned Staffs!
In a perfect alternative universe, CO would have a full Staff framework
Shouts out to Kilik from Soul Calibur for inspiring many artist who use him as reference
https://youtu.be/srr77rRfrmY?si=T4AGRrd1PPg6ocGX
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    I don't hate the idea.. but I do hate the "does more damage to chilled" tack-on effect.

PVD's don't have optional advantages... and you know they would just nerf the base damage of the power, since they only seem to test best-case scenarios for these things.

One of my biggest complaints about many of the PVDs is these annoying tack-on effects that would work as advantages, but don't work when they reduce the viability of using the power without the oddball requirements they want.

PVDs should enable and enhance builds, not dictate one build they can be used with.

That's a complaint I have with the recent changes in general. It feels like the dev(s) are dictating builds to use, rather than allowing us some flexibility.
  • Options
    vonqball wrote: »
    I don't hate the idea.. but I do hate the "does more damage to chilled" tack-on effect.

PVD's don't have optional advantages... and you know they would just nerf the base damage of the power, since they only seem to test best-case scenarios for these things.

One of my biggest complaints about many of the PVDs is these annoying tack-on effects that would work as advantages, but don't work when they reduce the viability of using the power without the oddball requirements they want.

PVDs should enable and enhance builds, not dictate one build they can be used with.

That's a complaint I have with the recent changes in general. It feels like the dev(s) are dictating builds to use, rather than allowing us some flexibility.

That's fair feedback!
    Admittedly I just added it as nothing more as a gimmick and help with elementalists builds!
    Because I keep noticing a lot of PVDs have those weird secondaries requirements that boost their DPS (which I keep forgeting because the UI doesn't properly scales and I need to search documentation of them of forums )

and then there is Ghosthunter Rifle, which just deals damage to UNDEAD, are the undead ingame properly TAGGED? Who are the functions?
    Are Sovereign Sons part of this? They have undeads
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Let's try again while I was brainstorming today

Take #2
    Thunder Cyclone Dragon Rod
    • Deals Electric Damage
    • While maintaining the power it Reverse Repel/Vacuums the enemies towards you
    • While maintaining the power it has a chance to applies Negative Ions on the enemies
    • After FULL maintenance a Thunderstrike lands on you, knocks down the targets dealing additional damage and applies Superconductor to the targets
    • Leaves behind a small Dust Devil that deals DOT and has a chance to apply Negative Ions and Refresh Superconductor
    • Deals additional Damage against targets with Repel or/and Knock Immunity

Making it the Melee version of Storm Summoner with Magnetic ADV

Now if I could, I would apply a new Debuff, Crushing+Electric resistance Debuff, for synergy with Heavy Weapons :pensive: ]
    Since Dual-Debuff are limited to only their respectful owners we could have variety at least
  • Options
    Sounds cool.. but I probably wouldn't end up using it, and here's why...

Firstly, applying debuffs on a full-maintain is not great. If you have to block before the maintain ends, you just spent a good chunk of time spamming a (low-damage) AoE and didn't get to apply your debuff.. so now you are back to square one. This would be even worse with some of the new content where bosses wipe status effects at regular intervals.

I said low-damage.. because you've packed it with so much utility that I know kaiserin would be consulting her sacred spreadsheet and deducting 10-20% damage for every effect. She probably just has a "applies de-buff" tag that drops damage by 20% without even considering full-maintain vs tap.

That said, the idea is really cool... and this is the type of device I can actually see kaiserin making... and then it's so under-tuned in damage that no one uses it.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    And let's remember the most important part, that electric damage (and threat) mods absolutely MUST be added to the gcr/scr vendor. Locking them behind the Hi-Pan alert, that comes around ca. 7-8 times a year is simply silly. Oh, and they need to be available from the Hi-Pan vendor at the end of the year too!​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    vonqball wrote: »
    Sounds cool.. but I probably wouldn't end up using it, and here's why...

Firstly, applying debuffs on a full-maintain is not great. If you have to block before the maintain ends, you just spent a good chunk of time spamming a (low-damage) AoE and didn't get to apply your debuff.. so now you are back to square one. This would be even worse with some of the new content where bosses wipe status effects at regular intervals.

I said low-damage.. because you've packed it with so much utility that I know kaiserin would be consulting her sacred spreadsheet and deducting 10-20% damage for every effect. She probably just has a "applies de-buff" tag that drops damage by 20% without even considering full-maintain vs tap.

That said, the idea is really cool... and this is the type of device I can actually see kaiserin making... and then it's so under-tuned in damage that no one uses it.
    From Here I would rely on Lighting Balls or/and Thunderstrike ADV to refresh Superconductor

I wouldn't say that, PVDs so far have some Generous effects for sacrificing a RANK 3 power
    If the power had Crowd Control Elements, It would automatically lose -80% Damage :grimace:

But what Do I? Balance in this game is a MYSTERY!

Well if you interested I started a Unique Sidekick Powers showcase
    I started using the Karen Morphontrax sidekick I had collecting dust in my hideout to apply superconductor.
    Turns out she has EVERYTHING needed for elemental-melee weapon build...
    avianos wrote: »
    2/2 KAREN MORPHONTRAXS
    Karen's Eruption
    [Combat (Self)] Your Karen Morphontraxs deals 249 (256) Electrical Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy A with Eruption.

nWphO0t.gif
    • She applies the Superconductor Debuff with her Eruption
    This could be super useful for players to have access on Electric Vengeance Builds

Imagine that as PVD for Eruption

• Options
    I think a pure lightning damage eruption PVD that applies superconductor sounds like a more practical power... even if a bit less flashy.