test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 11/2/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2023 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
  • Added Pumpkin Lich Feet, Tights and Foot Accessories costumes to the event store.
  • Added new perks for defeating Takofanes. These perks are not retroactive due to the game not keeping track of prior defeats.
  • Added a new perk for freeing the undead heroes. This perk will retroactively be granted if you have completed the Night of the Heroic Dead mission.
  • Added new perk for collecting at least 10 pieces of the Pumpkin Lich set.
  • Added Toxic Blades power variant device as a possible drop from: Amazing Grace, Shadowboxer, Vanguard.
  • Added Venom Shock power variant device as a possible drop from: Johnny, Nimbus, Tiger.
  • Added Flaming Pumpkin power variant device as a possible drop from: Crusher, Eclipse, Goblin.
  • Added Cauldron Fire power variant device as a possible drop from: Firefight, Flechette, Radion.
  • Added Blight Touch power variant device and Portal of Darkness device as possible drops from Takofanes.

ZEN Store
Demon Wing Keypack
For the next week this pack will be available.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Powers
  • 1x Demon Wing Costume

Stores
  • Added Blight Touch, Toxic Blades and Venom Shock power variant devices to the Recognition store.

Gear
  • Cosmic Strike will no longer consume the critical hit buff effect when a power that cannot crit is used.

Powers
All players have received a free respec.

Cleave
  • Fixed a bug where Cleave was flagged as an energy builder for various power interactions.

Ego Storm
  • Updated tooltip to state the area effect range of the Malevolent Manifestation advantage.
  • Fixed an issue with the coloration of the advantage.
  • Minor cost change for the advantage. Cost has been slightly increased.
  • Fixed an issue where the Malevolent Manifestation advantage was triggering effects without a valid target.

Manipulator
  • Under the hood changes for optimization purposes.

Mental Storm
  • Fixed an issue with how the crowd control effects were being calculated in the cost, cost has increased.

Chilled Form
  • Fixed a bug where certain abilities were causing it to grant Concentration.

Magician's Dust
  • Updated power FX to be tintable.
  • Updated icon.
  • Changed the movement speed debuff to a regular snare.
  • Updated tooltip to include the snare effect.
  • Corrected costs for its effects, cost has been reduced.

Power Variant Devices
  • Fixed a bug where the friendly heal on Brilliant Cleave wasn't gaining proper bonus from Illuminated.

Blight Touch
  • Scales off of Telekinetic Lance and Ego Blade Annihilation.
  • Deals ranged or melee toxic damage based on range you are to the target.
  • Device will trigger the cooldown effect if you use the version of the device that you do not own the scaling power of.
  • Expires all deadly poison stacks and deals damage for each one expired.
  • Applies Viral if the target is affected by Debilitating Poison.

Toxic Blades
  • Scales off of Ego Weaponry
  • Deals aoe toxic damage.
  • Chance to apply Deadly Poison.
  • Refreshes Deadly Poison on the last hit.

Venom Shock
  • Scales off of Ego Blade Breach
  • Deals toxic damage.
  • Applies Debilitating Poison on full charge.
  • Refreshes Debilitating Poison on tap.

Devices
  • Changed the movement speed debuff on the Magician's Dust and Trident of the Elemental Master device to a regular snare.

Portal of Darkness
  • Creates a portal for 20 seconds and deals toxic damage in an area effect and applies Fear to nearby targets.
  • Creates up to 1 Zombie every 2 second on defeated targets. Zombies can persist for up to 30 seconds. 10 Zombies max.
  • 120 second recharge.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Got the new perk for defeating Tako, but not credit for the daily. It sounds like I'm not the only one, either
  • Options
    Got the new perk for defeating Tako, but not credit for the daily. It sounds like I'm not the only one, either

Yup, Zone reported this, alot of people have the issue
    Psi.
  • Options
    thescottinatorthescottinator Posts: 5 Arc User
    Kai, you have NO idea what you have done to Kiga CC's with "Fixed an issue where the Malevolent Manifestation advantage was triggering effects without a valid target."

WE CAN'T PRE-STACK. And while the dogs are held, and we are trying to keep stacks up, WE CAN'T.

• Options
    Kai, you have NO idea what you have done to Kiga CC's with "Fixed an issue where the Malevolent Manifestation advantage was triggering effects without a valid target."

WE CAN'T PRE-STACK. And while the dogs are held, and we are trying to keep stacks up, WE CAN'T.
    I can't keep more that one stack now of Manipulator. Period. Ego storm dogs, sleep, and back off. Can't stack ego storm anymore, so sleep is too short for Revenancy cooldown. Sleeps are one-stack based. This SUCKS.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,393 Arc User
    I was expecting to see Tako in a Santa costume
  • Options

I can't keep more that one stack now of Manipulator. Period. Ego storm dogs, sleep, and back off. Can't stack ego storm anymore, so sleep is too short for Revenancy cooldown. Sleeps are one-stack based. This SUCKS.

AND ... I've been practicing on the PTS server for a week to FINALLY get my CC'ing down. This change was NOT ON THE PTS SERVER. Meaning, it went straight to Production with no Test. I am a freaking 60 year old programmer, been doing this since 1984, and you NEVER pull that kind of crap.

• Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    BUG: The Pumpkin Lich feet have all the different material options listed in the preview, but in the tailor they only have four.
  • Options
    godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 71 Arc User
    <snip>

Relevant suggestion that went unnoticed.

The change sucks, but there are other ways to stack Manipulator mid-CC. Gonna have to use that free respec to pick up a root of some kind.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Use entangle mesh.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,437 Arc User
    Still no moth chest? The one we were supposed to have last year? Hopeing that it will now be added as a free bonus at tne end of the event. Seems fair.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    Having issues with Lead Tempest and Chilled Form stacking under certain conditions while hitting valid targets. Will attempt to document precise steps for reproduction at some point this weekend when not pounding Takofanes back into the dirt around the clock.

Really digging the portal device though. I don't know when I'd ever use it BUT IT'S SO COOL I NEED IT.
  • Options
    francois2teamfrancois2team Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why is there a new perk (free spirit) that does the same thing as In memoriam. I just finished in memoriam and did not get free spirit. Why is it retroactively based on Night of the Heroic dead instead of In memoriam ?
  • Options
    shin#8144 shin Posts: 5 Arc User
    Blight Touch
    • Scales off of Telekinetic Lance and Ego Blade Annihilation.
    • Deals ranged or melee toxic damage based on range you are to the target.
    • Device will trigger the cooldown effect if you use the version of the device that you do not own the scaling power of.
    • Expires all deadly poison stacks and deals damage for each one expired.
    • Applies Viral if the target is affected by Debilitating Poison.
    ​​

I don't know if someone said earlier, lazy to check, but still

BUG: Melee version of Blight Touch do not trigger Form of the Tiger
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    Why is there a new perk (free spirit) that does the same thing as In memoriam. I just finished in memoriam and did not get free spirit. Why is it retroactively based on Night of the Heroic dead instead of In memoriam ?

Probably because two perks may not be able to be connected to the same objective?

That's my guess.