test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Balance related suggestions

apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 56 Arc User
edited October 2023 in Suggestions Box
Hey dev team, making this post to echo some of the recent things talked about in the popular endgame channel "theendgame"
currently, a few different things have been talked about in regards to balance related changes. this post is simply a way to reiterate some of the things players have voiced opinions about

Aopm(Aura of Primal Majesty) is currently one of the most effective picks for a healer, due to this fact it is almost expected for your healer to have this passive. this puts a unnecessary expectation on most support style builds in the game. due to how the game functions having a undesirable build makes it much harder for you to reliably find team content, this has pushed most healers into a very "cookie cutter" build style despite the game pushing you to be unique with its "freeform" aspect.

Resurgence (active defense power) is the goto pick for a large majority of builds. While this inherently is not a bad thing, resurgence has fallen into a area where is tends to overshadow most other active defense picks. lowering the regeneration value substantially might bridge this gap. i personally believe making other active defenses more viable in "ALL" forms of content is the better alternative.

Sentinel Mastery (spec mastery) has been a controversial topic among many endgame players. The general consensus (in my opinion) for this mastery is that it does slightly overperform, HOWEVER, most players who express this opinion do not want to see this mastery outright lose
most of its usefulness, a slight balance tweak may be in order here.
My recommendations for sentinel mastery tweaks - The healing from this passive should be affected by -healing effects. such as trauma or pestilence. The maximum number of targets you can heal from at any given time should be no higher then 3. side note: the percentage value sentinel mastery heals does not correctly match the number stated in the tooltip, please note this does NOT mean you should reduce sentinel mastery healing value. This simply means the value stated in the tooltip for sentinel mastery should accurately reflect the value seen in game.

Protector Mastery (spec mastery) is the other controversial mastery. It is not that bad, but a decent amount of players view this as one of most used if not the most used mastery for builds that want to never die. lengthening the time in which a player needs to survive in order to proc this mastery may help, however. It is worth noting that this Mastery's effectiveness is currently directly tied to how good resurgence is as an active defense.

Knock resistance: This stat has been a VERY heavy topic of debate amongst most players, it has become a meme in the sense that most players view knock resistance as "non existant" or "fake". I myself can confirm that a small amount of knock resistance such as "200 strength" or using the "unstoppable" passive does have a very slight effect, however. The effect knock resistance currently grants does not accurately reflect the amount of investment players have put into knock resistance. To put it in simple terms, Knock resistance is currently not effective enough to justify building in "most" scenarios. My personal recommendation is for devs to reevaluate this stat as a whole, and come up with a system that more accurately reflects the amount of knock resistance you have built for your character.

Powerhouse tweaks - Some players have expressed the want for a ingame "parser" of sorts to further help players when building their characters. things like adding a "scoreboard" to reflect how fast you can clear spawned mobs in the "battle station" aswell as training dummies being able to display current "damage per second" values would go a long way in bettering the average player's build quality in champions online.

Flight related tweaks - Flight is another semi heavy topic of debate amongst the end game crowd, the general consensus on flight is that your "in combat" flight speed is far to low. We as players understand the need to balance flight in a non overpowered way, however. the current in combat flight speed is far to low and has left a very sour taste in the mouths of most players who actively use this travel power. my personal suggestion here is testing some flight speed changes aswell as the possibility of lessening the impact to flight speed while in combat.

Ultimate AD/AO related tweaks - If a ultimate takes the spot of a active defense AND a active offense, the use should justify taking both of these things from the player. the current ultimates that rely on this mechanic do not give a "substantial" enough effect to justify taking both of these tools away from the player,

These are just some changes ive seen heavily debated before, id love to hear some feedback from the playerbase on how they feel about the suggestions ive listed here, and i do hope devs atleast give this a read. thanks for reading!

- Wind
Post edited by apeboy#2015 on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    Aopm(Aura of Primal Majesty) is currently one of the most effective picks for a healer, due to this fact it is almost expected for your healer to have this passive. this puts a unnecessary expectation on most support style builds in the game. due to how the game functions having a undesirable build makes it much harder for you to reliably find team content, this has pushed most healers into a very "cookie cutter" build style despite the game pushing you to be unique with its "freeform" aspect.

I love the whiners who beg for an AoPM to show up for events/cosmics when all they really need is to be better at building thier own characters.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

I love the whiners who beg for an AoPM to show up for events/cosmics when all they really need is to be better at building thier own characters.​​

on one hand i completely agree with you, but i also cannot deny that having this passive currently yields the highest dps on meta characters. this might be tied to the effectiveness of vindicator mastery (this does not mean vindicator mastery needs a nerf, it does not.)
  • mm yes I agree with you, I would like there to be more variety because it's a shame there are so many powers, but very few are the ones that are really useful, most of them, no offense, are ****, like you said, most of the end-game builds are almost copy paste from other builds which there is almost no variety
  • vergilmaster123vergilmaster123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    REMOVE RESURGENCE REGEN!
  • mateusrattmateusratt Posts: 9 Arc User
    buff dragon uppercut + ban wind /e dip
  • farrow#7228 farrow Posts: 4 Arc User
    Resurgence Regen should be affected by stuff that reduces healing. Like Debuffs, such as Dark Transfusion.
    Also Regen of it is a bit too OP, it should be 30% less or so. Or, have an 2-5 second activation time. But keep it the same.

AoPM is great but if it would have a nerf, just reduce the points you get, by 25% and could have the bonus like, only non super stats get the 25% that isnt applying now to Superstats.
    Instead why not look at the Other Auras, Med Nanites need some love, possibly just buff the teams HP by 5%?

For healer, the sentinel mastery is already bad, heals wise. For a tank its viable. but in fact, not a serf for Sentinel mastery would be the best, but instead buff, Arbiter Mastery a little bit to heal a bit more to be similar like Sentinel Mastery and allow for different builds, thus changing a long standing meta.
  • vergilmaster123vergilmaster123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    FIX ENCHANCED RAMPAGE SERUM PLZ TY, HOLD RESIST NOT WORKING!
  • yardbombyardbomb Posts: 6 Arc User
    the visions of a deranged madman
    we have been taken for fools