test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 9/26/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Anniversary
  • Fixed an issue where the event store was missing the Retro Steel Commando back featured from last year.
  • Fixed an issue where several Foxbatcon items were missing from the store.

Costumes
  • Fixed an issue where the Retro Warlord boots on the male avatar were not visible under the both option.
​​

Comments

• Options
    dwnside13dwnside13 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Are we no longer getting Drifter salvage from opening lockboxes? I opened 100 lockboxes and only got drifter salvage from crates.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    dwnside13 wrote: »
    Are we no longer getting Drifter salvage from opening lockboxes? I opened 100 lockboxes and only got drifter salvage from crates.

In last week's release notes: Removed the innate Drifter Salvage granted in this lockbox. In its place, added new Booster Box VI as an innate item to the Scarlet Scarab Lockbox. This item grants the salvage that opening a lockbox previously granted.

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    In https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1218513/release-notes-9-21-2023

"Removed the innate Drifter Salvage granted in this lockbox. In its place, added new Booster Box VI as an innate item to the Scarlet Scarab Lockbox. This item grants the salvage that opening a lockbox previously granted."

However, they did cheat us on the farmable sidekicks. They were initially available as BoE, but then the devs changed it (under the guise of calling that initial offering a bug) to BoP. Of course, they should have just lived with their mistake and learned to be more careful next time they have an event with farmable sidekicks, but they could not bring themseleves to do the right thing.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    trey9321trey9321 Posts: 4 Arc User
    dwnside13 wrote: »

The boxes that have exp, resource and such have the drifter in em now.
  • Options
    dwnside13dwnside13 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Okay cool, Thank you all for the quick feedback. I must of missed that update.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    In https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1218513/release-notes-9-21-2023

"Removed the innate Drifter Salvage granted in this lockbox. In its place, added new Booster Box VI as an innate item to the Scarlet Scarab Lockbox. This item grants the salvage that opening a lockbox previously granted."

However, they did cheat us on the farmable sidekicks. They were initially available as BoE, but then the devs changed it (under the guise of calling that initial offering a bug) to BoP. Of course, they should have just lived with their mistake and learned to be more careful next time they have an event with farmable sidekicks, but they could not bring themseleves to do the right thing.​​

I bought up several of these BoE sidekicks and put them in my Hideout bank. They became BoE but now ALL of my chars can pick and choose from them. I could have done the same by putting them in the mail, but I usually put multiples in there and that would have been the wrong way.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Anniversary
    • Fixed an issue where the event store was missing the Retro Steel Commando back featured from last year.
    • Fixed an issue where several Foxbatcon items were missing from the store.

Costumes
    • Fixed an issue where the Retro Warlord boots on the male avatar were not visible under the both option.
    ​​

Thank you so much for adding the inv hands/feet.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

However, they did cheat us on the farmable sidekicks. They were initially available as BoE, but then the devs changed it (under the guise of calling that initial offering a bug) to BoP. Of course, they should have just lived with their mistake and learned to be more careful next time they have an event with farmable sidekicks, but they could not bring themseleves to do the right thing.

I bought up several of these BoE sidekicks and put them in my Hideout bank. They became BoE but now ALL of my chars can pick and choose from them. I could have done the same by putting them in the mail, but I usually put multiples in there and that would have been the wrong way.

I would have done that, but I took the devs at their word. Never a good idea, I guess. My thinking was that after all these years of players complaining about BoP they had finally listened, my mistake.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    I don't understand why Event Sidekicks are BoP anyways, especially when there are lockbox sidekicks have always been BoE (or at least for as long as I can remember).

People are going to say, "Well duh, they're lockbox sidekicks, you have to buy your way to getting them or get them from the AH". Yea so, we can't play the game until we manage to get the sidekick via dailies and then switch them to a character that -will- make use of them? Once again, anti-altaholic mechanics
  • Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Although I was excited with the Invisible hand/feet Aura's being added, you only had them in the Foxbatcon store for two days. I had to level up new characters in order to participate in the event in order to gain event currency in order to buy them. I thought the Foxbatcon store would hang around until next weeks reset in order to give people more time to get them?
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    BUG: Date on the subject of this post should be 2023, not 2022.