test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230614.23 - Nighthawk

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Nighthawk
  • Added Blade Bomb and Blade Barrage power variant devices as possible drops from the Franklin Stone alert.
  • New Mission: Complete Where Is Nighthawk? 10 times, rewards the Engine Wings costume.
  • Costumes will be added next week.

Lockbox
  • Added Ultimate Fireball to the pts store.
  • Added Leaves Costume Transformation to the pts store.
  • Added Liquid auras to the pts store.
  • Costumes will be added next week.

Serpent Lantern
  • Added Enhanced Rampage Serum as a possible drop for completing the adventure pack.
  • Added Draconis Back as a possible drop for completing the adventure pack.
  • Viperia Hair has been moved from Viperia to a possible drop for completing the adventure pack.
  • Note: Rewards will only drop at the end if players are actively following the mission.
  • The exit button for the Temple of Nama has been moved towards the entrance of the boss room to prevent accidental leaving before being able to pick up rewards.

Devices
Rampage Serum
  • Reduceed duration to 30 seconds. Reduced damage and knock effects.
  • Device is now a consumable device and can stack to 20.

Enhanced Rampage Serum
  • Obtainable from Serpent Lantern
  • Increases base damage, and resistance to knock and mez effects for 30 seconds.

Power Variant Devices
Ultimate Fireball
  • Scales off of Fireball
  • Deals damage in a area effect.
  • Applies Clinging Flames.
  • Applies Unstable Accelerant.
  • Leaves behind Scorched Ground, increasing fire damage taken for a short time.

Blade Bomb
  • Scales off of Ricochet Throw.
  • Must be fully charged.
  • After 3 sec, deals piercing damage in a area effect.
  • Stuns primary target.
  • Applies Frail Armor to affected targets.
  • Known issue: The tooltip does not state the area effect distance and currently does not require a full charge.

Blade Barrage
  • Scales off of Throwing Blades
  • Chance to snare targets.
  • Deals damage in a cylinder. Deals reduced piercing damage against multiple targets, but increased damage against a single target.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Resurrection Serum was choosing the incorrect target type when the advantage was purchsed.
  • Fixed a bug where Feral Rage wasn't re-checking for Enrage stacks once triggered.
  • Updated tooltip on Minimines to state that it does not critically hit.

Throwing Blades
  • Corrected cost formula. Cost has gone up.
  • New adv (2): Chance to apply Bane.

Fireball
  • New adv (2): Refreshes Engulfing Flames and increases area effect range based on number of Engulfing Flames on the primary target.

Misc
  • Updated Portal Guardian costume.
  • Added materials to Dreadlocks Long costume.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 57 Arc User
    My eyes are glazing over from all these PVDs... When are we going to get some actual powers? A frame revamp?

Blade Bomb seems very underwhelming. A total of 5 seconds to do... anything, a very measly stun for any DPS using this for the AoE Frail Armor and too big a delay for it to work for a CC, it's just Orbital Cannon with a damage resist debuff and less damage. If this is going to need to be fully charged, consider heavily decreasing the delay timer if not omitting it entirely.

Blade Barrage is fine. And that's all it is. Fine. It's very boring. It deals damage and that's all it does, because snares mean jack squat in 99% of encounters. Good thing for a person who wants their main damage to be a throwing blade/boomerang sort of theme, but honestly, why is it a PVD at that point? Why can't it just be a power? A tier 3 power in Gadgets for damage? One that's actually good?

Ultimate Fireball... why. Fireball already has a PVD, y'know? Isn't this lockbox fire and water? This feels like it would've been the perfect opportunity to do one with Rimefire. As for the thing itself... it's just Fireball but big with innate Unstable Accelerant and some new fire damage debuff rune--which, by the way, that's the third Fire damage debuff there is. It reeks of favoritism. Wasn't Meteor Blaze enough?

The serum looks incredibly niche. 5% damage is small potatoes to other devices and the knock/cc resist only seems relevant for select content (e.g. healers in Therakial's Temple) so I can't imagine this motivating anyone to start farming Serpent Lantern.

Can't we please just get back to the cycle of creating small-scale encounters (serials, event alert), power revamps/touchups, and good costumes for events? This PVD stuff is getting out of hand and it seems to be eating into completing other projects.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 190 Arc User
    If we're now getting into the realm of putting useful items in APs, and their dropping is tied to completing the entirety of the AP including the quest itself then I don't suppose it's possible we could have APs changed to be shareable (minus their SCR and Questionite rewards) to on-cooldown/already-completed characters, for people who DON'T have forty characters to never run out with? I look at this, look at my own half-way-endless roster and go "yeah, I'll literally never run out of characters," but a surprising amount of people don't make a habit of building up a dozen characters or more fit for running these sorts of things.

And on that note, 5% base damage is rather small for the device only lasting a third of its cooldown. Considering it seems like it's meant to mirror the Chimeral Potions, which themselves are derivative of the various Lair healing items "but permanent and also lots of resistances so better," increasing that number to 10% instead would be ideal to make it more worth slotting outside of being a mandatory "0.1% better than another passive pet spawning device" device. That, or adding some other small effect, like a bonus 10% critical severity, or a bonus 200 Offense, or... well, you get the idea.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    So...

Some of these tooltips need updates. Ultimate Fireball is great, I like it alot, but unfortunately, it's Scorched Earth rune seems to be inconsistent and doesn't seem to actually apply all that well. If the duration of the debuff was a little longer, it'd be less janky.

As for the Rampage Serum. "Mez effects", I don't think many people know what that means at all and could use some clarification via changing the word to Crowd Control.

Other than that, not necessarily bad.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Bug: In relation to this update, please update tags for runes which can benefit from Enhanced Mending spec.

(I say this mainly because I thought ultimate runes were exempt from Enhanced Mending. If Scorched Earth is not meant to be an "Ultimate Rune", please edit the description for Ultimate Fireball.)
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    Do the liquid auras have a version that effects the character's body/skin, but not the pants?
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    Do the liquid auras have a version that effects the character's body/skin, but not the pants?

Yep, I believe that's the "(Body)" aura. It affects the entire body, but only the "Tights" layer, so any Chest Wear/Clothing/Hipwear/Arm Accessories/Headwear/Belt/etc. stuff is unaffected.
  • Options

Yep, I believe that's the "(Body)" aura. It affects the entire body, but only the "Tights" layer, so any Chest Wear/Clothing/Hipwear/Arm Accessories/Headwear/Belt/etc. stuff is unaffected.

When you change the legs to have pants (Body) auras effect them since they are considered to be "legs".
  • Options
    Looks like Corrosive "Tights" is still the only and best way to have only the skin texture change. Really disappointed with how limiting auras are.
This discussion has been closed.