test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Addressing the Add-Spam of Rhinoplasty

rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
Lair revamps. They can be good, and this Rhinoplasty revamp was certainly good. Plus the drop-pool seems pretty decent to farm for.

However, we need to look at the problem that keeps happening, which causes unnecessary lag and rubberbanding issues.

Add-Spam

It's generally accepted that the Add-spam is very unnecessary, especially since some people end up crashing.

So why is this a problem when it comes to Viper X and Dr. Moreau (especially in his retreating mechanic)? When you have all of these mobs that spawn in mass quantity, or in more controlled groups, you'll notice a difference in gameplay when you deal with these things. Viper X's adds are controlled, knock-spam, annoying enemies that can be very easy to deal with when you have multiple people in the group, to the point where it's not a problem.

Moreau's rats are a completely different story. You will have rubberbanding issues, you will have that off-chance of crashing, and all it does is extend the fight with nothing but bloat. Keep the mechanic of Moreau's defense increasing due to the amount of mobs, but you really need to lessen the amount of adds that spawn, otherwise it's nothing but unnecessary spam.

Rhinoplasty lair revamp? Decent! Add-spam with Dr. Moreau? Please lessen the spam.

Comments

• Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    i like add spam
  • Options
    miorummiorum Posts: 49 Arc User
    I feel "more adds" has been CO's only real answer to the question "how can we give this encounter increased difficulty?" for quite some time. At this point it's less a creative or even an engine limitation, and comes off as poor design.

I second the heart of this post.
    In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."