test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release notes 6/29/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Patriot Celebration
For the next 2 weeks this event will be running.
  • Added Patriot Fireworks Teleport to the event store.
  • Added Canadian Fireworks Teleport to the event store.
  • Added Stars Tights 3 and Patriot Emblem costume to the event store.
  • Added Patriot Belt as a possible drop from enemies.
  • Added Prismatic Fireworks Costume Transformation as a possible drop from enemies.
  • Added Star and Maple Drift auras to the event store.
  • Added color variants to the Glinting aura to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete the Freedom Isn't Free mission 5 times, rewards the Patriot Shirt costume.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fireworks missions 10 times, rewards the Indy Kid sidekick.

Red Winter
  • Added Electric Vengeance Weapon Variant Device as a possible drop.
  • Added Star Tights 4 as a possible drop.

Story Event
  • For the next 2 weeks playing story content will give bonus resources, xp and questionite.

Trade Paperback Event
  • For the next 2 weeks this event will be active.

ZEN Store
For the next 2 weeks the store will have a 20% sale.

New to the ZEN Store:
  • Krackle Aura (Rainbow) 475 ZEN
  • Krackle Power Aura (Rainbow) 275 ZEN

Will be available for the next 2 weeks:
Fireworks Teleport Key Pack
  • 3000 ZEN
  • 35x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Fireworks Teleport Pack. Contains Fireworks Teleport, Radiant Fireworks Teleport and Prismatic Fireworks Teleport power unlocks.

Cosmic Gear
  • Added set bonuses to existing gear.
  • Added Cosmic secondaries to fixer vendor. Due to a limitation with how set bonuses are applied, certain versions of Cosmic gear are being removed as they cannot have the set bonus applied to them. All Cosmic gear that has this issue now has a warning in the description text, and can be traded into the Fixer vendor for a working version. Equipped mods are placed into your inventory upon trade in. Gear binds your character upon purchase.

Onslaught Gear
  • Added Grond's Onslaught, Medusa's Onslaught and Gravitar's Onslaught gear to the Onslaught store.

Onslaught Gloves of the Slicer
  • To address an issue with this gear dealing a specific damage type as its bonus damage, this gear now instead directly increases your base melee damage by 5%.
  • Additionally increases damage by 1% for 10 seconds if your target is affected by a resistance debuff (demolish, shredded, etc) that you applied. Stacks up to 5 times.

Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper
  • To address an issue with this gear dealing a specific damage type as its bonus damage, this gear now instead directly increases your base ranged damage by 5%.
  • Additionally increases damage by 1% for 10 seconds if your target is more than 20ft away. Stacks up to 5 times.

Grond's Onslaught
  • Increases your base damage by 5%.
  • Increases your base damage by an additional 1% for 10 seconds when you fully charge a power. Stacks up to 5 times. Partially charging a power will also refresh existing stacks on you.

Gravitar's Onslaught
  • Increases your base damage by 5%.
  • Increases your base damage by an additional 1% for 10 seconds when you fully maintain a power. Stacks up to 5 times. Partially maintaining a power will also refresh existing stacks on you.

Medusa's Onslaught
  • Increases your combo power base damage by 5%.
  • Increases your combo power base damage by an additional 5% for 10 seconds when you complete a combo. Stacks up to 9 times. Starting a combo power will also refresh existing stacks on you.
  • Reduces all non-combo direct damage by 50%. Excludes Ultimate powers.

Gear
  • Fixed a bug where the +to non superstats effect could not stack from multiple sources.

PvP Queues
  • Added private queue option for all Hero Games with the exception of BASH.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Lash was not counting as a combo power.
  • Fixed a bug where Moonstruck's visuals were not persisting when extending the duration of the effect.

Ritual of Primal Summoning
  • Changed Frenzy ability to a click power.
  • Fixed an issue where this pet swapped in and out of flying mode.

Devices
  • Fixed a bug where Therakiel's Blade was counting at a combo finisher every hit.

Indy Kid Sidekick
  • Updated device tooltip.
  • Added new fist strike attack.
  • Added healing capabilities on certain attacks.

Electric Vengeance
Can be found as a possible drop from the Red Winter alert.
  • Power Variant Device
  • Scales off of Reaper's Embrace
  • Deals electrical damage to target.
  • When fully charged, deals damage in a area effect and expires all Negative Ions.
  • Deals additional damage for each negative ions.
  • If your main target is not affected by negative ions, applies Electrical Body, giving you a chance to apply Negative Ions over time.

Comments

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Nice updates!
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Woo hoo!
  • Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 57 Arc User
    Ultimately this is sort of a minor thing, but...

The updated Cosmic Gear pieces do not denote that they can't use the multi-core mods (Gambler's, Growth, etc) like the old ones did.

Doesn't really change anything, but some people might get confused about this rule without it being explicitly stated on the gear now.
  • Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    hey so, im noticing that the new cosmic pieces are not present in the GCR/SCR vendor like they initially were in pts, is this intentional? id hope the gear is not solely tied to rng drops
  • Options
    The new Cosmic gear is not live, just the set bonuses to the existing gear.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    I noticed that Glint aura was changed to Glinting aura and is more wild. Where can I go to exchange it for the original subtle version on all my characters?
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Was “Glint Aura” changed to “Glinting Aura” (the one in the event vendor now), or something? I noticed the name change in characters with Glint aura. The VFX also seems to have been (slightly) changed, as well, looks a bit more frenetic… but that could be just my impression? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I only mention because I don’t remember seeing that in notes anywhere.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    I noticed that Glint aura was changed to Glinting aura and is more wild. Where can I go to exchange it for the original subtle version on all my characters?

Right! lol :blush:
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Will we be able to change the old Indy Kid device to the new one at the Fixer at some point?
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Bug: Medusa's Onslaught gear, when equipped, nerfs the damage output of OVs, even though gear should not affect OV performance. Update: Medusa's Onslaught gear also nerfs the damage output of vehicles. I don't own any Become Devices to test with but I'd assume it also affects them. I'd also assume that the other Onslaught gear likewise affects OVs by buffing them slightly, though I have not tested that either. What I can confirm, on accidental discovery, is that Grond's 5-key (Atom-Splitting Fist) is unable to one-shot UNTIL Defenders even at full (99) energy while having Medusa's Onslaught equipped, and looking at the tooltip of the gear, it lists every attack of whichever OV is currently active/in use as being subject to reduced damage.

Copied from combat logs:

With Medusa's Onslaught equipped:
    [0:14] Your Atom Splitting Fist deals 5903 (7083) Crushing Damage to UNTIL Defender.
    [0:14] Your Atom Splitting Fist deals 6353 (7623) Particle Damage to UNTIL Defender.

Without Medusa's Onslaught equipped:
    [0:16] Your Atom Splitting Fist deals 13482 (16179) Crushing Damage to UNTIL Defender.
    [0:16] Your Atom Splitting Fist deals 12034 (14441) Particle Damage to UNTIL Defender.

Sooo... that's a bit funky looking!

Update to the bug: this appears to be a problem if the Medusa's Onslaught is equipped before the transformation device, whether OV or vehicle or otherwise, is used, but... it doesn't do this if the gear is equipped AFTER the transformation is used? If you attempt to repro this, start with Medusa's Onslaught equipped and THEN unequip it, as the other way around, you might not catch it.
    Post edited by thisiscraftaaa on
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Will we be able to change the old Indy Kid device to the new one at the Fixer at some point?

There is no need to, any existing ones are updated with the new abilities.

Will look into the glint aura.​​
  • Options
    lightningstar42lightningstar42 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Are the armoured wings that were previously available from this event just unobtainable now?
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    Electric Vengeance doesn't actually seem to have been added. No one has gotten a single drop yet at all.
  • Options
    mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Hi @kaiserin#0958 !

Prior to this patch my Gloves of the Sniper worked at 100% of their effectiveness (as meager as their added DPS was) on my Sparkstorm/Storm Summoner build. Now, the buff only applies at 20ft+. I'm sure this new version of the item will mean no change in the Gloves' effectiveness for most builds, but for mine?

The maximum range of storm summoner is 25ft, however I have the Magnetic Advantage to pull NPCs into the 15ft range of Sparkstorm to double up on the damage of both powers. This basically makes my Gloves operate at 50% effectiveness the majority of the time.

Now, if I want my Onslaught Secondary offense slot to be 100% effective, I have to go through the process of collecting another 5000 Onslaught Villain Tokens to purchase the onslaught piece best suited for my build (Gravitar's Onslaught.)

Typically when powers are changed we are offered a full respec to adjust our builds. I would like a similar opportunity to adjust when significant changes are made to the functionality of store-bought items such as Onslaught Gear. If Gloves of the Sniper worked this way originally I never would have purchased them as they would only be 50% effective on my build.

Can we please have the option to trade our Gloves of the Sniper for one of the other ranged Onslaught items, or failing that, for tokens so we can purchase one of the new ones?

Thank you!
    Post edited by mcgarnackle on
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    Hi @kaiserin#0958 !
    Typically when powers are changed we are offered a full respec to adjust our builds. I would like a similar opportunity to adjust when significant changes are made to the functionality of store-bought items such as Onslaught Gear. If Gloves of the Sniper worked this way originally I never would have purchased them as they would only be 50% effective on my build.

Can we please have the option to trade our Gloves of the Sniper for one of the other ranged Onslaught items, or failing that, for tokens so we can purchase one of the new ones?

Thank you!

Every time I've inquired about this with customer support, I've been given a resounding no. A lot of my characters that use both sniper and slicer have drastically been effected by the changes.

Sniper now encourages me to kite mobs instead of keeping them together. It is encouraging me to be a pest to other players.

Slicer forced me to add a damage resistance debuff to my attack rotation when before I just received a raw 5% more damage.

I don't understand why they just don't make it a single stack 5% damage increase at this point, that refreshes by using a power labeled with the proper tag. They've been reducing stacking buffs to prevent server issues, but then just keep adding new ones and more clutter to the buff bar. Focusing on the buffs more than the fight to retain what we lost makes combat boring, the only thing left this game has.