test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230502.19 - PvP Private Queues

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2023 in PTS - The Archive
PvP Queues
  • Added private queue option for all Hero Games with the exception of BASH.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Hm, not quite sure what's the point of those queues? Current pvp player population is an absolute zero because there are no meaningful rewards for doing pvp at all... Well, except blood moon ZA and passive OV mexican pinata. *Shrugs indifferently and walks away*
    Post edited by shiningdarkness#0716 on
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    Wind here, Just tried to test private ques with a friend but each que failed to launch with a "not enough players" message. the minimum players for pvp ques should be set to two, also when trying to join a private que the host will see the person joining as having a greyed out name, not sure if this is purely visual bug or not. anyway glad to see this being implemented but the ques either do not currently work or the player limit has been set to high.
  • Options
    Min numbers for queues are 3/3 for UTC and 9/1 for Zombie apoc. Zombie can probably be lowered, but UTC will not be.​​
  • Options
    those minimum player requirments will ensure not even pvpers use this. again im really happy you even considered adding this but i see no reason to be adamant on such a high player limit when that limit will severely limit the use of this que system. 1v1 and 2v2 fights need to be playable or this was simply of waste of developer time. in most games a simple arena system is in place to alleviate the need for such things but we dont have that in champions.
  • Options
    those minimum player requirments will ensure not even pvpers use this. again im really happy you even considered adding this but i see no reason to be adamant on such a high player limit when that limit will severely limit the use of this que system. 1v1 and 2v2 fights need to be playable or this was simply of waste of developer time. in most games a simple arena system is in place to alleviate the need for such things but we dont have that in champions.

Don't bother, all opinions of pvp players will always be ignored here. People have tried for years. Devs and mods here have double standards when it comes to listening. PVE and PVP players can say and do exactly same things yet only PVP players will be ignored, hated and banned for their words and actions and I have plenty of evidence to prove it.

I hear you but im leaving this feedback in the hopes that kaiserin considers it. frankly this addition is clearly not meant for pve players so i feel like feedback from the people who had previously planned to use such a system should atleast count for something. as i stated in the previous post players want something like this but NOT if it comes with ridiculous minimum player requirements. even PVE players who have given their opinion on this via discord understand that the pvp community simply does not have the numbers to meet these requirements.

Being able to do small scale matches such as 1v1 and 2v2 matches is a essential thing for us to use it and in turn we can then grow the pvp community and EVENTUALLY we can perhaps have the numbers for 3v3 fights to be a normal occasion. right now pvp needs to be more accessible to the average player and the minimum player requirements here simply make the private que function inaccessible to the people who would most likely use it, those being duelists.

sincerely hope you consider changing this kais, i just dont know who will bother using it otherwise. thank you for atleast trying to update something pvp wise.

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Just my two cents which may or may not be of value but...

PvP instances tend to have pretty nice maps or very rarely seen maps. It would be a big shame to not capitalize on this with setting the limit for stuff like UTC to be popped using incredibly low numbers.

Is there some sort of system limit which means that:

PVPer 1 & PVPer 2 can't be used to kick off an entire instance and then others can join in as an when?

I think this has the potential to be a pretty good update/fix but I would hope that the considerations for the current population of active PvPers is factored into this change.

Is it possible to add in some sort of mechanic that if a private pvp queue isn't filled to say 3v3 it will just pop with at least 1 player on each team?

(If this is something that cannot be amended now due to time constraints, can it be considered for future updates?)
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    I'm really glad to see a PQ option for PVP! That's something that would've been really popular back in the day.

While I don't PVP in CO currently, I really do appreciate the addition nonetheless. I would also chime in for 2v2 as an option on at least certain maps (perhaps the Cage Match?), as that's a really popular size in many games for quick brawls.

Stronghold I can't comment on, because I have no idea how powerful the NPCs are anymore.

9v1 might be a bit high for ZA outside of the first week or two of Bloodmoon when it's really hot.
    Post edited by gammabreaker on
  • Options
    It's going to be a hard no for 1v1 and 2v2 in utc maps. This is partially because of balance issues for the maps, but mostly due to how queues and private queues work with one another.

We're primarily looking to make sure the private queues are working properly. ie, queue up and load people into the maps without issue.​​
  • Options
    Hah, and the fact that my messages got deleted again further proves my point. Only pvp players get silenced nonstop, pve one's are forgiven for anything they do or say.
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    If this is the case then all this update did was waste developer time and give players false hope. Not cool at all. Id go as far as to say just can the idea entirely because releasing as is is just a slap in the face to the already dying pvp community. This update could have been amazing for us and now its pretty much ruined, stings to ask for something and it gets released in the worst way possible. Good luck to whoever these ques are for, they were never for pvpers.
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    Good to know it's a technical matter as well, 3v3 it is then. If anyone wants a warm body to test it on PTS with, feel free to whisper me in game to arrange it.
  • Options
    pewpew#3895 pewpew Posts: 6 Arc User
    BTW what's the min numbers for BASH and Apocalypse: Stronghold?
  • Options
    just gonna leave this here, 6 people including myself attempted to use the private ques yesterday. it spat out some kind of map error to the host and refused to que us. awesome.
This discussion has been closed.