test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230614.7 - Patriot Celebration

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Patriot Celebration
  • Added Patriot Fireworks Teleport to the event store.
  • Added Canadian Fireworks Teleport to the event store.
  • Added Stars Tights 3 and Patriot Emblem costume to the event store.
  • Added Patriot Belt as a possible drop from enemies.
  • Added Prismatic Fireworks Costume Transformation as a possible drop from enemies.
  • New Mission: Complete the Freedom Isn't Free mission 5 times, rewards the Patriot Shirt costume.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fireworks missions 10 times, rewards the Indy Kid sidekick.

Gear
  • Fixed a bug where the some of the Onslaught effects could be applied outside of combat.
  • Fixed a bug where Lash was not counting as a combo power.
  • Fixed a bug where Therakiel's Blade was counting at a combo finisher every hit.
  • Fixed a bug where Cosmic Ambition wasn't always triggering the block flag.
  • Fixed a bug where various Onslaught damage bonuses were affecting non direct damage effects.
  • Increased Cosmic Ambition's lingering effects.
  • Increased heal amount on Cosmic Presence.
  • Ultimate powers are now omitted from Medusa's damage reduction effect.

Red Winter
  • Added Electric Vengeance Weapon Variant Device as a possible drop.
  • Added Star Tights 4 as a possible drop.

PTS Store
  • Added Fireworks teleport pack.

Devices
Indy Kid
  • Updated device tooltip.
  • Added new fist strike attack.
  • Added healing capabilities on certain attacks.

Electric Vengeance
  • Power Variant Device
  • Scales off of Reaper's Embrace
  • Deals electrical damage to target.
  • When fully charged, deals damage in a area effect and expires all Negative Ions.
  • Deals additional damage for each negative ions.
  • If your main target is not affected by negative ions, applies Electrical Body, giving you a chance to apply Negative Ions over time.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    So, couple things I'm seeing with the new PVD.

For one, it's consistent, I'm not noticing any bugs just yet, it does however seem to be a little clunkier than Reaper's Embrace, not in terms of damage output, but when the damage -hits-.

For two. The Buff you gain, Electric Body, seems to be a little lackluster. It'd probably be better if you up'd the chances up to maybe 50% at max if you have Ionic Reverb on, and perhaps make it activate regardless if it's affected by Negative Ions or not.
  • Options
    apeboy#2015 apeboy Posts: 54 Arc User
    hey kais, this update has broken cosmic strike. almost all powers save for a select few are no longer stacking cosmic strike.
  • Options
    Patriot Celebration
    • Ultimate powers are now omitted from Medusa's damage reduction effect.

Why it needs the 50% damage nerf at all? This offence is supposed to give underperforming attacks, like melle combos, a chance to compete against broken charged attacks and some maintains. If someone is using this he is ALREADY nerfing all of his non-combo damage abilities by not having any bonus applied to them... So why pidgeonhole combo builds into using nothing but combos even further?
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Not exactly a bug, but Grond's gloves don't play nice with laser shotgun. You need to tap to build up plasma shear, but you need at least a minimal charge to refresh the onslaught stacks. (taps will not refresh it) I said this in the suggestions thread. Increasing the timeout on the plasma shear stacks would make it much more friendly to use. 2 sec drop off allows for 0 margin for error. 4 seconds would allow you to put in a quick partial charge to refresh stacks and still get another tap in before they drop off.

Electric Vengeance. Kind of agree with the Rinzler. Rather then the electrical body thing, just have it apply NI to the primary target if it is not applied. Else it consumes it for the extra damage. So you get the burst damage every other hit. Basically trades the extra rupture damage from reapers for an AoE effect. Or at least make it equal to the standard bleed chance of 25%. (I also would have to change out my bleed based form and EU to use it better)
    The PVD doesn't have the 1 sec cooldown that Reapers has.
    Post edited by redcastle56 on
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    hey kais, this update has broken cosmic strike. almost all powers save for a select few are no longer stacking cosmic strike.

I can confirm that this is indeed happening. I tested this myself and it's either not proccing correctly or it's being incredibly clunky to the point it refuses to work except the occasional time it does
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    • Increased heal amount on Cosmic Presence.

The change from 5% below 50% hp to 10% below 50% hp is appreciated. However, the +100% below 5% hp remains useless because the threshold still checks after the heal increased the target hp.

The fix for this is to check the threshold for the doubled heal before applying the heal. If this is not possible for technical reasons, consider raising the post heal threshold to 25% hp, but increase its cooldown to 300 sec. This allows it to happen occasionally while not being something to rely on. Right now its 10 sec cooldown is totally meaningless because it will never proc when healing players.

I have included proof of this effect by using the test dummy, whose 5% threshold is 5k hp. In both cases the dummy was healed when at 0 hp.
    7gd1zan0icr2.png
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Can we exchange the old Indy Kid for the new one?
This discussion has been closed.