test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Addressing the Ridiculous Pity Store Costs

rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
Good morning Grandkids

It's time to complain about the ridiculous prices, again, about the Pity Stores (aka the Eido Store, TT Store, and Rhinoplasty Store). Do you guys wanna waste away 50 days to 100 days on a singular character that you cannot trade the currency of across your account? Do you guys enjoy getting a singular currency per day for any of the current lair/cosmic? Do you enjoy having the game more grindy than Warframe?

BOY DO I HAVE SOME STUFF TO POINT OUT TO YOU

This, is, ridiculous, and it is specifically for the sake of 'pity' even though it really isn't, it's still a grind-fest which causes more reward-bloat in the game itself that only caters to the top 5%. Yes, it's the top 5% now, there is no top 1% here in this situation. The currency used for all of the lairs that you can only get through dailies is just plain ridiculous, and lemme tell you why.

You are expected to grind, for 50-100 days, to add up all of your currency in order to purchase a specific reward that you'd want. This would be a good practice if the game wasn't already low in terms of population, and this just adds more to the current problem which is, "The game does not value your time", and, "If you have many other characters you wanna play, too bad, you're grinding, have fun buddy".

Can there please be some sort of nerf in the numbers so that the amount of special currency you need is cut in half? M'ling's Coins? Qliphothic Essence? Therakiel's Feathers? This isn't fun anymore, and there are very few players who would say it's fun. Collectively, I believe, the whole playerbase would appreciate a reduction of cost for the stores. I'm pretty sure everyone would be alot happier if the grind for the pity store was cut in half.

OR! Another solution.

Raise the Drop-Rate for the items. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, or if I'm just ridiculously unlucky now, but the items are at least in the 1% drop chance (unless I'm an idiot and didn't see any percentile numbers of the chance of certain items dropping in their respective content, which would be nice to see in the Lair/Alert/etc Display Vendors)

So there you go, I have once again got on this topic again. That's about it, cya.

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The above is one of the reasons that I hardly do Eido anymore. Also note that Eido is not a guarnteed win and that it can take some time to rally people to do it. Nothing like waisting 40 mins trying to get people together, doing the minis, and then failing at Eido. For the paltry rewards offered (niche Shadow Destroyer costume pieces, lackluster vehicle, mods and grear that are not that great compared to similar items found elsewhere) I prefer to do other things. The grind and paltry rewards for new Rhinoplasty are going to put it in the same category soon enough.

Having a SINGLE currency among all these new/revamped missions would be a step in the right direction.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    It is a step in the right direction, but there is a such thing as 'too much to expect'
  • Options
    venakrivenakri Posts: 4 Arc User
    I think the game would be better without all the stores :) (this includes GCR store, excluding the gear.)
  • Options
    I'm going to make you honest, the truth is I spend doing TT and eidolon case every day but more than for fun I do it to help people who want to achieve things in those personal runs I agree with you until I would be satisfied if kaiserin made the gold and silver and those little things are transferable from the account but I understand that she is not going to do anything the more the game goes on the more annoying it becomes now the toxic food of little is emerging groups that make this content for themselves currently things are not so easy For a solitary and independent player, I am not at all in agreement with the things that have happened in this short period of time. If the game continues like this, it will die because it will reach a point of stagnation where only a small group of players will be able to continue. making this content kaiserin only knows how to take out boxes and cost me in the zen store to make you pass for money I haven't seen a new level for years oh decent content oh what a light mind call attention to return kaiserin is only recycling content that already exists and doing it pass as content for I already gave up now I do what I can I would like the game to be like before where there was not so much price and where things were more casual to do... -_-
  • Options
    The thing is this game is too small to employ grindy tactics for this. It is way too small. If you want to retain your small playerbase and APPEAL to others, you gotta lower those numbers. THEN you will maybe see more people playing the content, and you'll maybe see more people in the game.

But no, apparently, we just don't know enough, we do not know the game's demographic, because we're not the Developer Team.

My crass antics aside, the grindiness has GOT to go down.
  • Options
    It is strange that the devs don't seem to understand that not many players do the revamped content because of small population and lack of decent rewards and high grind. I always chuckle when I see people trying to drum up players to do Eido by trumpeting that it provides amazing rewards.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    Well Jaaz that's kinda the point we're at when we have to advertise in that fashion for Eido
  • Options
    misterspidermisterspider Posts: 35 Arc User
    Being able to share lair currency among characters by shared bank like Drifter Salvage would improve a lot for me. So I am no longer forced to play the same role / same character every time.

Formerly unknown as @FroschMitHut
  • Options
    Being able to share lair currency among characters by shared bank like Drifter Salvage would improve a lot for me. So I am no longer forced to play the same role / same character every time.

Yes. This has been pointed out on multiple occasions. If one wants to be sure that one can acquire a Qlipthothic Energies mod one has to plan on using the same character for 100 successful Eido runs. Doesn't matter if you have a character that can fill a needed role, and so speed up the start of part of Eido, you are obliged to stay with that single character. If currencies could be put in a share account it would make this content far more attractive to do.
    rinzler156 wrote: »
    Well Jaaz that's kinda the point we're at when we have to advertise in that fashion for Eido

I chuckle because of the irony. I just don't find the rewards all that impressive, especially for the time involved.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    so you only die what 500 times not 600 times on fights that are way over powered. I find most the "challenges" they try and do are just annoying and can't be done and is just blind luck if you do make it most times (save the world looking at you). Other times your locked out if you die and no one brings you back or the healer gets locked out and well its a total wipe. so yes, the level game is way too easy and the end is way too hard no balance as i have seen it and some events are just as bad like nightmare and Halloween events.

What are you even talking about..? This whole discussion is about addressing the pity stores, not at all about the dynamics of the game. And if you're having trouble still, let alone in 'Save The Earth', then you might wanna run with some people that can show you the ropes.

Deaths suck, you get used to it, but the majority of endgame isn't based on blind luck.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

get used to it, no this should never be the case in a game, death is a failure not an inconvenience and when it becomes such then the game is doing something wrong. End game is based upon how well your gear is and little else, other wise no different than lower level fights and you just need to block and watch the boss when he is doing a nasty move. The problem i have is the gear part to get the gear you have to fight end things or be 40th level both i don't see a point because at 40 i man sick of the character and want to move on.

My dude. You are going way off topic. This is supposed to be about the pity store, not about philosophy of death being about failure or getting sick of their character at all.

Also, if you really -did- know about end-game, you'd understand it's not at all about gear.

Skill -> Powers -> Specialization Tree -> Gear