test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/15/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,116 Cryptic Developer
Onslaught Week
This event will be running for one week.
  • Updated tooltips for Onslaught gear to be more descriptive of what they do.
  • Reduced cost of Onslaught Heirloom gear.
  • Onslaught Gloves of the Savior: Increased area to 50ft. Effect will not apply if target is at full power. Effect will not apply on targets that do not use energy. Added threat reduction effect.
  • Onslaught Gloves of the Slicer: Removed damage over time effect in favor of instant damage to reduce performance issues against large team content. Damage remains the same.
  • Onslaught Gear: Added Set Bonuses. These vary based on if you use offense, defense or support versions of the Offense gear.
  • Reduced cost of Onslaught auras.
  • Onslaught auras are now bind on pickup. Existing auras are unaffected by this change.
  • Fixed a bug where the Medusa aura was not scaling.
  • Added color variants to the Medusa aura.
  • Added Medusa weapon auras to the Onslaught store.

ZEN Store
The Mercenary Keypack will be available for 1 week.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic keys of Power
  • 1x Mercenary Armor

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the last hit of Thundering Kicks could not crit.
​​

Comments

• Options
    genesis0903genesis0903 Posts: 2 Arc User
    An update on Savior glove pretty neat nice!
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Sniper Gloves could use the 20' restriction removed from them. I get that if you're ranged, you're not (intended) to play like three quarters of a melee, but at the same time there's a lot of reason for ranged DPSes to either dip closer than 20' on a target on occasions, or spend the entirety of a specific fight that forces close-ranged combat within 20' distance. And it's not like its counterpart (Slicer Gloves) stops working if you use a melee attack from more than 10' away; everything from HW moves to Vorpal Blade still work fine with it.

Beyond that though, I'm liking the buff to OV gear in general. Interestingly, this now means the tradeoff between DPS and survivability going OV/OV/Determ (since there's a Determ Utility Secondary that has... +336 HP on it if I recall the number right) is more pronounced, and now tanks and healers are objectively better off going full OV rather than OV/OV/Determ, where before it was the other way around. Though with that in mind, could we potentially see Cosmic and Determination (and poteeentially Legion) secondary set bonuses as well at some point in the future, so those aren't left in the dust entirely by OV and Eidolon (and eventually Therakiel) competing for usage?
    The fact that the forums refuse to tell you how close you are to the character/post size limit until you attempt to post something that happens to be too big- and the automated spam filter will immediately completely lock you out of posting long-term if you attempt to post or edit posts too close to the character limit- is genuine agony.

This is my cry for help
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,458 Arc User
    Though with that in mind, could we potentially see Cosmic and Determination (and poteeentially Legion) secondary set bonuses as well at some point in the future, so those aren't left in the dust entirely by OV and Eidolon (and eventually Therakiel) competing for usage?

Yes, this^^. Cosmic secondaries aren't used all that much as it is, unless a player simply can't stomach the OSV grind, or maybe for ranged builds (never been clear on how useful the sniper gloves are for any but PA builds)
    .​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,051 Arc User
    Sniper Gloves could use the 20' restriction removed from them. I get that if you're ranged, you're not (intended) to play like three quarters of a melee, but at the same time there's a lot of reason for ranged DPSes to either dip closer than 20' on a target on occasions, or spend the entirety of a specific fight that forces close-ranged combat within 20' distance. And it's not like its counterpart (Slicer Gloves) stops working if you use a melee attack from more than 10' away; everything from HW moves to Vorpal Blade still work fine with it.

Not to mention that stupid 20 feet restriction REALLY hurts point blank AOES like Storm Summoner and Invocation of Storm Calling which require you to be in melee range with the enemies
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,051 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Onslaught Gear: Added Set Bonuses. These vary based on if you use offense, defense or support versions of the Offense gear.
    I can't get over this, SUCH A GOOD BUFF :+1::+1::+1::+1: Well done! Thank you for this Buff!

Made my obsession on getting OSV secondaries on all characters really well invested for Min Maxing

Now even my most Niche FF builds get a Boost
    Onslaught Gloves of the Savior: Increased area to 50ft. Effect will not apply if target is at full power. Effect will not apply on targets that do not use energy. Added threat reduction effect.
    This makes savior gloves more desirable along with the 1000 HP bonus they give with full set
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    genesis0903genesis0903 Posts: 2 Arc User
    ***Fresh Bug Reported*** I did test on the new "Onslaught Glove of the Savior" it does says the energy gain affects 5 allies within 50ft now (recued from 15 allies and 25-35 range) , but it seems does not work at all. Tested by partying, teaming up, and teaming up + partying they are all not working. and also re - equipping the gear.

Hope this being fix because its killing my build... thank you.
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    ***Fresh Bug Reported*** I did test on the new "Onslaught Glove of the Savior" it does says the energy gain affects 5 allies within 50ft now (recued from 15 allies and 25-35 range) , but it seems does not work at all. Tested by partying, teaming up, and teaming up + partying they are all not working. and also re - equipping the gear.

Hope this being fix because its killing my build... thank you.

I'm not seeing the savior energy on allies either. Pls fix.
  • Options
    bug: using ov offense + 1 of util or def will not trigger the 2pc bonus.
  • Options
    championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 67 Arc User
    Powers
    • Fixed a bug where the last hit of Thundering Kicks could not crit.
    ​​

HOW HAVE I NEVER NOTICED THIS!? O_O
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    39nybrm1e3y0.png

how is this 10% btw (it was fully charged)
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Cool stuff! Hope the remaining gear bugs are fixed soon.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    Savior got a nerf huh? Slicer also really needs that change to work on all ranged powers.

Good change to buy auras. Guardian tokens are worth something now.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,458 Arc User
    h4forums wrote: »
    39nybrm1e3y0.png

how is this 10% btw (it was fully charged)

Cryptic math?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »

Not to mention that stupid 20 feet restriction REALLY hurts point blank AOES like Storm Summoner and Invocation of Storm Calling which require you to be in melee range with the enemies

I'd agree with this, not sure it really needs the 20 foot restriction.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    There really needs to be a confirmation window on these vendor purchases. While clicking it ended up buying multiple copies of an item when I didn't even want one of it.