test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hypervoice's ridiculous repel magnitude needs to be toned down and act like Wind Breath

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited May 2023 in Suggestions Box
We need to IMPROVE existing Sonic-damage type powers!
Right now the power is Sabotaging itself

LISTEN! I have fully accepted that we will NEVER get a Sonic-Damage type powerframe!
  • Gadgets will be revamped around 2035 because God hates Gadgeteers
  • Sonic Arrow now SUCKS because it got a CD and is no longer decent for main focus theme power (RIP light Arrow build)! We COULD get a substitute sonic arrow that is all damage and NO CC but making power copies is hard
  • We will probably get a PVD which deals Sonic damage that will be obnoxious to get and will require you to farm an ALERT 800 times until it decides to drop

But I refuse to abandon one of my first FF theme Builds (3 August 2013) who is my childhood Medabot fancharacter i designed when I was a kid and redesign with Bliss in CO! (even thought people kept mentioning he looks like Megaman)
PdrXZvQ.gif
TARGET IS OUT OF RANGE!

TARGET IS OUT OF RANGE!

TARGET IS OUT OF RANGE!
Whose build is currently hold together with duck tape :weary:
Lemme tell you from all the FF builds I do SOLO QWZ with, this is the least fun
3 August 2013: Character Created, using Shockwave and Unleashed Rage

24 March 2016: Hyper Voice and Power Chord added

27 May 2021: Sonic Boom Generator Sonic Debuff ADV has been updated with a new formula to last 15 Seconds, giving a buff to this build
Why am I telling you all these? Because I need you to know the REASON why I'm passionated with the concept of a Sonic-theme character! And if you make an another Sonic the Hedgehog joke! I SWEAR TO GOD I will shrug it off because it got stale... I like Knuckles!

When FORCE got revamped, Wind and repels were also slightly touched and brought up the issues with Hypervoice
I thought that perhaps the Repel resistance stacks would HELP hypervoice's issue
Hypervoice's Repel magnitude is so obnoxious, it keeps pushing enemies of it's 50 feet range,

scatters the mobs around like crazy

since Repel resistance stacks up to 10, it takes too long for the enemies to be stationary and by this point they are all over the place

The only work around this is to use a flight travel power and use Hypervoice ABOVE the targets, facing the ground neutralize the repel's crazy magnitude!

What I suggest is toning down Hypervoice's repel and make it act exactly like Wind Breath who stops repelling targets once they are in 50 feet range

geGxlFB.gif
Wind Breath respectfully stops repelling the enemies when they reach 50 feet range
meanwhile
ccspHAh.gif
Hypervoice will blow the enemies away, more than 50 feet, Out of range, No damage

Also I need to add that Hypervoice is still using the placeholder Icon for new powers! 7 Years later
Also Also, a lot of enemies powers still don't provide repel resistance
ALSO ALSO ALSO, did you know that power armour got stealth nerfed around last month and Knocks and Repels auto shut it down? Completely undocumented! never mentioned in the patch notes?
Did you know that Repel powers like Ebon Rift can permanently REPEL-lock PA users now?
I agree with the KNOCK shut down, but the repel is broken

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    I'm actually quite a fan of the massive repel magnitude. It's entirely the charm of the power over Crushing Wave and Wind Breath to me, as I love wildly herding enemies around with it, especially pinning them in a corner -- which the other two lack the magnitude to do.

That said, I can understand how it is obnoxious when you don't want to be scooting around. Perhaps an advantage that halves the magnitude in trade for a 30% damage bonus (as opposed to the regular 20% per rank)? Best of both worlds, given that it's a real struggle to get any DPS out of Sonic powers.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    That said, I can understand how it is obnoxious when you don't want to be scooting around. Perhaps an advantage that halves the magnitude in trade for a 30% damage bonus (as opposed to the regular 20% per rank)? Best of both worlds, given that it's a real struggle to get any DPS out of Sonic powers.

I would gladly take the Damage Boost ADV in exchange of the Repel! :grin:
    Hypervoice's Repel is 100% useless for my build anyway and it's only making things worse
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!