What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230322.3 - Rhinoplasty/Burden of the Beastmen

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Burden of the Beastmen Open Mission
  • Updated Chimera's attacks.
  • Added Chimeral Potion of the Vulture as a possible drop. This is a new version of the old transform device.
  • Added Chimera's Head, Chest, Legs, Ruff, Clothing, Feet 1 and Hands 1 costumes as possible drops.
  • Dev Note: When testing please make sure the open mission properly completes or resets depending if you win or lose.

Rhinoplasty
  • This lair has been updated to be somewhat more challenging.
  • Added Chimeral Potion of the Rhinoceros as a possible drop.
  • Added Rhino Head, Rhino Leg Armor, Chimera's Tail, Chimera's Wings, Chimera's Hair, Chimera's Fur, Chimera's Hand2 and Chimera's Feet 2 costumes as possible drops.
  • The old version of the lair has currently been renamed to Rhinoplasty (Mission). The old version has not been updated (and likely won't be).
  • All enemies now use level-scaling.
  • Fixed various issues with captive pathing.
  • The lair now has an open mission to guide you through.
  • Updated the lair to require completing tasks before being able to progress.
  • Added cutscene skipping.
  • Updated White Rhino's costume.
  • Updated White Rhino's powers.
  • Chimera has been removed from his usual location and added into the final boss fight once Moreau is at low health, or White Rhino is defeated.
  • Moreau will now gain significant damage resistance if any of his allies are nearby.
  • Fixed an issue where summoned rats could be spawned too frequently.
  • Defeating Chimera and White Rhino before Moreau will result in Moreau fleeing. Additional rewards will be introduced in a later patch depending how you complete the lair.
  • Dev Note: When testing please make sure the mission progresses properly, boss doors properly lock, bosses reset properly if the team is wiped, and cutscenes/cutscene skipping works. This lair will be on pts for a few weeks.

Costumes
  • Added additional patterns to the Armor Tough Hide costume.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Bug - Chimera Chest
    Chimera Chest Diffuse - Detail 2 is identical to Detail 1; Detail 2 does not remove arm scale shadows to match Pattern 2. Applies to both M & F model.

Otherwise, looks like a lot of neat toys and long awaited costume bits, some quite unique! Really interested to see what comes from the lair revamp. Hopefully I'll have a chance to test it before it goes live.
  • Options
    hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Bug
    Moreau's Laboratory / Rhinoplasty
    On our first attempt, our party was stuck in the caves after the elevator where you are supposed to rescue 6 captives to proceed. Despite clearing out all the enemies, our progress remained at 4/6 rescued. The remaining 2 VIPER soldiers wouldn't leave their cages and the boss door did not unlock for us.

Attempt two went was successful, but the captives spent a worryingly long time at the exit point before they vanished and granted credit

Cutscene skipping was enabled the first run, but not the second.
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I'll just echo what Stairs0 and Halls said. Seemed a bit lacking to me overall.
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    So while the content is a little lacking, and could use maybe an occasional mini-boss, or better yet, more meaningful objectives other than "Destroy x object and rescue x people", that this lair would've been better.

I disagree that it's below Vikorin's, let alone easier to solo than Dr. Destroyer's Factory, as it still depends on your build. (Yes I'm gonna be pedantic.) It was fun to solo! But man the fight was drug out because of the fact that both bosses ignore knock resistance outright.

However, I experienced the same jankiness, I had to wait 4-5 minutes each for 'insert person to rescue here' to actually count as a rescue, and it would often freeze, not just lag. Sometimes, I'd need to rescue another person in order for the first one to THEN count, and then the second one counts.

The problem I'm seeing is that this is basically like Dr. Destroyer's Robo Factory's formula of 'Defeat all these things, complete objectives, rush to the boss of the lair'. While the lair itself is fine aesthetically, it's lacking content. Perhaps Hyena-Swine could make an appearance or some sort of VIPER operative juiced up with Draysha and whatever Dr. Moreau has cooked up.

The skip cutscene button worked the first time for me, however what needs the fixing is the objectives, primarily rescuing 'x person'.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Honestly, given the lower number of players these days and how it is often impossible to find 4 other people to do do a lair sometimes, I hope that any lair revamps will be scaled to the number of people doing them. E.g. it would be nice if the lairs could be completed by two players.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    And, since they're adding Two up-to-date Chimeral Potions using current stats, power's levels, etc, how about addressing ALL of the older Becomes/Chimeral Potions/etc that haven't had their stats and power's levels addressed since Pre-On Alert, with a couple of exceptions.

These things used to be fun for leveling and basic content.

I'm not asking to add powers to them, except for maybe giving them appropriate FORMS and PASSIVES, when they are missing from the Become.

Then, having asked for the above, the next question is: will the old Chimeral Potions be added back to the Open Mission and as added chances for the new Rhinoplasty?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    englishdamselenglishdamsel Posts: 14 Arc User
    Burden of the Beastmen Open Mission
    The old version of the lair has currently been renamed to Rhinoplasty (Mission).

This is a very positive move, appreciated.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    I like that the old version can still be played. I also am fine with a lair that isn't meant to be bone crushing hard or near as hard as Vikorin. Not all end game needs to be ultra difficult that no one wants to play it. What is the point of making content that the player base isn't large enough to even run regularly?

The same goes for open missions. War on Peace is a block for completing the series for being too far out of the way and impossible to complete with even two or three people. This game doesn't need that. Burden of the Beastmen wasn't played since it doesn't have rewards. It won't be played in the future if it fails easily even with new rewards. Don't turn it into War on Peace.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    General feedback on the Open Mission:

- Nice to have VO playing and to see the fail condition. I still think Chimera hits too hard but I know from experience it can be survived, so its likely a non issue (and this is an OM afterall)
    - Phases work as intended.
    - Chimera's tongue pull is disgusting. I don't like it but it serves its purpose.
    - Will test win condition later and post.

General feedback on the revamped Rhinoplasty Lair (Initial version):

The lair itself feels about roughly the same length? Some bits have been cut out for streamlining and that's nice to see. VIPER are still annoying but thankfully the annoying "run to Draysha" behaviour has been controlled for a bit. Overall it feels quite similar with a tad bit of step up from the original Rhinoplasty. Quite grateful for the lack of Rat spam. That was very irritating in the original version.

It definitely fits the profile of "Enhanced" rather than "Epic" which is a welcome change of pace. I do think there could be some objectives along the way, maybe some sort of timer which requires you to activate all Draysha stations within a set time frame to cause some sort of weird chemical reaction that gives you a status buff? Status buff could periodically cause faction conversion in manimals within the lair (barring Moreau's minions and the bosses)? Maybe some sort of "Confusing Infatuation Pheremones", just something to spice it up really.

Hell maybe even have it so freeing those cat manimals from the splicers makes them loyal to us and makes them kill the rat manimals that Moreau summons?

Friendly mobs in this lair need whatever their dialogue order was from the original lair back. It seems like they are waiting very very very long times to congratulate the player who needs to be within 5ft for them to follow their pathing and leave. Its really weird.

BOSSES

1) The bosses need to have a maximum aggro range looked at, they begin fighting the moment someone steps into the room after respawn. This can lock others out.

2) I think Chimera and White Rhino need their HP swapped. White Rhino should be tougher than Chimera.

3) The knock spam from these bosses is actually illegal. Knocking tanks and other players through block so consistently isn't even something that happens in TT. Their knock mag vs block needs to be toned down please.

3) Chimera's Faultline attack seems to randomly hit targets he isn't attacking or focused on and will occasionally travel backwards and hit someone random. This doesn't seem intended.

4) Echoing the sentiments of others in this thread, it feels like there's something missing from this boss fight. I would like some sort of mechanic (perhaps tied to draysha cannisters or a downed Moreau himself) that weakens or can negatively influence the bosses (preferably Chimera).

BUGS

Bug: Friendlies affected by player debuffs.
    Where this happens: Moreau's Laboratory / Rhinoplasty
    What happens: Captive UNTIL & VIPER Agents are affected by Clinging Flames & Power Shield effects when they are applied near them (yes, I checked its not leaping flames)

Bug: Destructible Draysha Cannisters.
    Where this happens: Moreau's Laboratory / Rhinoplasty
    What happens: Draysha Cannisters can be destroyed but are also still usable by NPCs, leading to confusion.

Bug: Constantly respawning adds.
    Where this happens: Moreau's Laboratory / Rhinoplasty (first room)
    What happens: First room VIPER soldiers respawn at set intervals.

• Options
    warcanch wrote: »
    Then, having asked for the above, the next question is: will the old Chimeral Potions be added back to the Open Mission and as added chances for the new Rhinoplasty?​​

The old Chimeral potions that act as a transform are retired and won't be making it back into any reward drops. Any new ones added will have different effects.
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Are the Chimera's Hand 3 not part of the drops?
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    FC.31.20230322.5 - Fixed an issue with captive pathing.
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Hey, great to see more lair and open mission updates. Will give these a try this week and report back.

Will there be a daily mission of some kind for Rhinoplasty as well?
  • Options
    The disinterest for updating Become Devices to have passives and working forms is as old as time.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Bug: Cutscene Skip
    Where this happens: Moreau's Laboratory / Rhinoplasty (very first room)
    What happens: Once one person has used the cutscene skip, it is disabled and other members of the team cannot vote to skip cutscenes.

Bug: Chimera spawn
    Where this happens: Moreau's Laboratory / Rhinoplasty (boss cave)
    What happens: Once White Rhino is at low HP, that is when Chimera spawns instead of when he has been defeated. I am unsure if this is because he's set to spawn after a set amount of HP has been taken? Because Moreau was allowed to heal him several times during our run (since we solo focused White Rhino).

General feedback regarding the Burden of the Beastmen OM

Was nice to see a win condition! Seems to be working well! :+1:

General feedback regarding Rhinoplasty

Lair feels nice to run for a more casual experience with slightly elevated challenge, its quite a nice change of pace. I do think Moreau's Rat Family mechanic could happen a bit more frequently.

I would appreciate Chimera having some sort of wireframe on him when he is using his ground pound attack and the faultline attack.

Also I couldn't understand why this was happening but...does Chimera have aggro dump mechanics?
  • Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    The vulture potion overwriting your travel power with an extremely slow flight makes it pretty awful, if that's something that can be changed.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Don't forget to turn Fusion Week on for Thursday.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The vulture potion overwriting your travel power with an extremely slow flight makes it pretty awful, if that's something that can be changed.

It works like this on a lot of devices and powers so I doubt it will be fixed.

They should make it so all movement devices and activation powers adjust based on TP rank:
    Ascension
    Feline Metabolic System
    Anti-Graviton Generator
    Vesperine Cloak
    Amazing Grace
    etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Hmmm... I've just checked new Chimera parts and I must note that they look pretty awesome, good job on that!

Is there any chance they will have glowing added to them though? For example to hair/claws/hooves/wings?
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    On the live version of the Burden of the Beastmen OM i noted this "invisible things" like cubes around the OM area (theres like 2 or 3 of em)
    thing.jpg

They are solid and you can stand on em (your characters shadow makes em visible)
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    has anyone seen the leg costume part, i am think it is just a myth as as not seen it even once

It's very rare but does drop.
This discussion has been closed.