test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 5/11/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2023 in Release Notes
Nightmare Invasion
  • This event is over. The vendor will be around for one week.

Therakiel Alerts Event
  • For the next week the Therakiel Alerts will be available.
  • Added Brilliant Cleave power variant device as a possible drop from the Therakiel rampage.
  • Added Dripping Aura (Hands) as a possible drop from the Black Fang alert.

ZEN Store
For the next week the Powers tab is on sale.
For the next week the Phoenix Pack will be available.
  • Cost: 3000 ZEN
  • 35x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Phoenix Flight Pack

Powers
  • Life Drain (adv), Mind Drain (adv), and Life Essence will now only heal ally targets that are not at full health.
  • Increased the Therakiel's Blade device damage to match its activation times.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    Powers
    • Life Drain (adv), Mind Drain (adv), and Life Essence will now only heal ally targets that are not at full health.
    ​​

Can the same be applied to Impressive Physique ty
  • Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    Wow, this is a lot of things I'm really interested in. Not only TT Alert week, but Therakiel cleave PVD, much-needed updated Therakiel's Blade, and a nice QoL update for drain healing.

And here I thought I'd take a break and farm XIV tomestones this week. I guess it's Therakiel ahoy!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,080 Arc User

Powers
    • Increased the Therakiel's Blade device damage to match its activation times.
    ​​

For the Life Drain healings, hopefully this means that: if i'm using this power in a crowd, such as at a Cosmic or Event fight, if the closest players DO NOT need healing, then it checks on other players in range that DO need healing, and applies the heal.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    Increased the Therakiel's Blade device damage to match its activation times.

The damage is still not good. This is 1078 dps:
    jlj5sy9w71tm.png

For comparison, Potent Magic Imbued Gauntlets is 1272 dps:
    4y85oycste8s.png

Screenshot damages taken without any offensive passive nor utility damage mod. Therakiel's Blade device is significantly more difficult to obtain than Potent Magic Imbued Gauntlets but performs worse in every aspect except for hitting 5ft further. Pls increase damage more ty
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    Added Brilliant Cleave power variant device as a possible drop from the Therakiel rampage.

KEK!
    Come on now! PVD for for the worst and slowest melee combo of the game!

Peharps you should consider buffing Cleave FIRST and giving it more useful ADVs, like the ability to apply Demolish, you already gave DEMOLISH as adv for a 100 feet blast power after all

jlj5sy9w71tm.png
    Fully expecting it!
    It looks like its designed more for Healing Support around Heavy Weapons! But it just makes me want a Celestial DPS revamp

EDIT: I'm BLIND This is NOT the right Device

At least you can build DPS around it by using Dark Tether to apply DEVOID (plus having a good Restoration adv power) and Dimensional Collapse to refresh it + Rank 2 DOT
    Using either Nightmare Reverb or Conjuring as EU
    x8BsUN1.gif
    Dat range fail at the end tho

Surprised it's using the unique animation frame! The sound effect is taken from Therakiel impact

Speaking of Dark Tether, why is the Knock attempt against knock immune targets not registering for Enraged and EU
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    Why is Brilliant Cleave not a 360 cone like Cleave is? I do like that it has synergy with Illumination though. Just don't know what power to pick that can provide it that isn't completely worthless.
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    Fully expecting it!
    It looks like its designed more for Healing Support around Heavy Weapons! But it just makes me want a Celestial DPS revamp

I want to make clear that the device I screenshotted and am talking about and the PVD that you're talking about are two different devices.
  • Options
    I want to make clear that the device I screenshotted and am talking about and the PVD that you're talking about are two different devices.

OOPSIE DAISY! I complety forgot that device ever existed :grimace:

Sorry!

However, Lemme know the DPS output of Rank 3 Potent Magic Imbued Gauntlets if you are able

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Here is the PVD
    Thank you FOR NOT putting image and too much flavor text so we can actually see the Damage stats :+1:
    Ccg8iXL.png

For more healing this PVD will synregize excellent with Arbiter mastery for healing on stack of healing
  • Options
    championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User

jlj5sy9w71tm.png

For comparison, Potent Magic Imbued Gauntlets is 1272 dps:
    4y85oycste8s.png

Screenshot damages taken without any offensive passive nor utility damage mod. Therakiel's Blade device is significantly more difficult to obtain than Potent Magic Imbued Gauntlets but performs worse in every aspect except for hitting 5ft further. Pls increase damage more ty

Gotta agree. It was very underpowered before and it STILL is.
    Brilliant Cleave ALSO does more DPS AND it heals.
    For something as epic as attacking with Therakiel's Blade should be, its REALLY underwhelming.
    And for as SLOW as it is, it really feels like it should be hitting a LOT harder.
    OR give it something else more interesting. Maybe have it apply Illuminated? Devoid? Chi Flame?
    AND this is not to mention that Brilliant Cleave and Therakiel's Blade have a MUCH smaller range than regular Cleave and they're MUCH harder to build around.

Still, VERY excited to play around with these but they could use a buff for sure.
  • Options
    Is it intended that Therakiel's Blade doesn't follow the usual increase in ratio of Damage/Activation Time for combos, or is that part of its design from being bursty and upfront?

The second hit scales up in damage:activation in the expected way of ~15% for a combo. The final hit is the hardest to get to, but scales down in damage:activation ratio rather than up. The lack of a special effect/debuff like Devoid further compounds it.

Though if it's only intended to be a novelty device for showing off, fair enough.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 195 Arc User
    Giving Therakiel's Blade both Illumination and Devoid application at the end of its combo would be better both for being a standalone device as well as making it go part-in-parcel with Brilliant Cleave, if you ask me.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Well, unfortunately the Rampage queue broke this morning before maintenance doing the 60-59 second flipflop.

It was fun while it lasted, and thanks to everyone this week that's been filling roles and organizing runs.

EDIT: Hah, the zone crashed and flushed the broken queue a few minutes ago. Such timing.
    Post edited by gammabreaker on
  • Options
    redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    I just realized, the healing change is a big deal for Presence Mastery. No heals mean no shields. Thats annoying. A lot less shielding going on.