test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20230322.10 - Foxbatcon

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Foxbatcon
  • Added Umbrella Hat and Sock Puppet Head costumes as new mission rewards.
  • Added Lead Pipe, Balloon Sword, Balloon Animal, Handlebar Mustache, and Street Lamp costumes to the event vendor.
  • Added Magical Fennec Fox costume to Emma's store.
  • Added Maracas costume as a possible drop from Swag bags.
  • Added Clown Feet, Invisible Hands, Invisible Feet, Dizzy auras to the event store.
  • Added Action Figure Ray to the event store.
  • Added Nena action figure to the ??? store.
  • The Swordfish costume unlocks have been merged into one unlock. Added Laser Sword unlock. Old versions will no longer drop, but existing ones will still unlock the individual costumes.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the Butcher's Blade advantage did not count as a Dual Blades power for mod purposes.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    BBCode:
    Bug
    Despite it being unlocked, the Umbrella Hat does not appear in the tailor. Neither Male or Female or by using the Search tab.

Don't know if it's intentional, but the perks for the Action Figure Ray still count for using the device on yourself despite the description explicitly saying to hit other players.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Invisible hands and feet auras!! \o/
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    What and where is the ??? store?

Why auras for invisible hands and feet instead of costume unlocks when aura slots are limited?
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
  • Options
    areeeareee Posts: 831 Arc User
    Went in and tried the invisible feet aura, went partial on my legs and... there were 2 flat disks floating in the air.

4qjlw2hdg860.png

And why does it stop working while in combat? There is no reason for it AT ALL.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Invisible hands and feet auras!! \o/

Don't get excited, the Auras get disabled during combat

Which defeats the entire point! Only usable out of combat and for fancy Costume Content
    Why auras for invisible hands and feet instead of costume unlocks when aura slots are limited?
    areee wrote: »

Fully 100% Committing to make Full Body Invisibility completely inaccessible and unobtainable during Combat because it would be a huge exploit advantage during PeeVeePee apparently :unamused:

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    Fully 100% Committing to make Full Body Invisibility completely inaccessible and unobtainable during Combat because it would be a huge exploit advantage during PeeVeePee apparently :unamused:

Too bad PvP is already borked ... sheesh they could make it so it shows up in PvP only. Since it is literally Player vs Player and not general Coop. Health bars turn Gray to other players. When that triggers or when going into a PvP map it could turn off invisibility or give players a special outline that would show where you are.
  • Options
    Or just make auras not work in PvP. The hands and feet are already impossible to see in combat as is.
  • Options
    Or just make auras not work in PvP. The hands and feet are already impossible to see in combat as is.

Ahem. If there was an outline effect, then they could make an entirely invisible character that would show up. Like a stick figure..... stick figure fight.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Foxbatcon
    • Added Clown Feet, Invisible Hands, Invisible Feet, Dizzy auras to the event store.

Add another aura that makes both hands and feet invisible in a single aura item. Or at least an out of combat device.

• Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    Lead Pipe, Street Lamp and Fennec Fox are missing from the store, or do they come next week?
  • Options
    horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    Can you give the Action figure "Nena" squeaky ballon noises ?

Also maybe a Balloon flight Travel Power for a Keypack ?
    ballon-flight.jpg
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Added Umbrella Hat and Sock Puppet Head costumes as new mission rewards.
    The Sock puppet is hilarious!
    Loving the insanity Foxbat event brings every year!
    964.gif

Can you give the Action figure "Nena" squeaky ballon noises ?

Not gonna lie, got disappointed realizing Nena doesn't make Squicky sounds why it walks 😂

Looks like its using the Dog AF 100% as a base because it makes clicking sounds and it start digging out of nowhere
    Lead Pipe, Street Lamp and Fennec Fox are missing from the store, or do they come next week?
    Yes

Interesting that there have been a Pipe weapon in the game, but it's NPC exlusive and its being used by the Radioactive Mutants
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Please make invis hands and feet auras work in combat. Also no discs please! Been pleading for this for so long, and now this "non combat" version is the answer?! NO PLEASE NO!

It's almost worse than not releasing it, since this kills all hope of a proper aura being made.
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    Please make invis hands and feet auras work in combat. Also no discs please!

Honestly I'm not sure if they can remove the discs, it seems baked into the character models. It's been an ugly little issue since forever; the Skeleton costume parts are a good example. You try to make an actual skeleton with those parts and they've got the little discs around their wrists, waist, ankles, and neck.

• Options
    doggepopedoggepope Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Please make invis hands and feet auras work in combat. Also no discs please! Been pleading for this for so long, and now this "non combat" version is the answer?! NO PLEASE NO!

It's almost worse than not releasing it, since this kills all hope of a proper aura being made.

On at least one occasion that I am aware of, our hard stance against invisible hands and feet during combat has been defended on the grounds that it has negative implications for the readability of, uh, Champions Online PvP. However, I think the circumstances are different now than they were.

Even in that name, there is still a case for removing the ban from combat, but making them follow the rules of the new Disruptive FX option.

People can have their amputee cake and beat it too.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    areee wrote: »
    Went in and tried the invisible feet aura, went partial on my legs and... there were 2 flat disks floating in the air.

4qjlw2hdg860.png

The disks are gone now.

Aura still turns off in combat making it a costume item only. You can't make a character around it so my battle platform character remains in mothballs.
    doggepope wrote: »

On at least one occasion that I am aware of, our hard stance against invisible hands and feet during combat has been defended on the grounds that it has negative implications for the readability of, uh, Champions Online PvP. However, I think the circumstances are different now than they were.

Even in that name, there is still a case for removing the ban from combat, but making them follow the rules of the new Disruptive FX option.

People can have their amputee cake and beat it too.

Disruptive4 FX... it's already in the size changing auras. Just add it to the invisble aura.

Give US control over feet being invisble or visible. I want my battle platform. (Glad I read other people's posts. I forgot about Disruptive FX option since I have it turned off permanently.)
  • Options
    starflairexstarflairex Posts: 79 Arc User
    Is this finalized, or do we expect anything else to be added?
This discussion has been closed.