What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 4/4/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2023 in Release Notes
Foxbatcon
This event will run until 4/20.
New store items will be available on 4/13.
  • New Mission: Complete Save the Swag! 5 times, rewards the Sock Puppet costume.
  • Added Balloon Sword, Balloon Animal, Handlebar Mustache costumes to the event vendor.
  • Added Maracas costume as a possible drop from Swag Bags.
  • Added Clown Feet, Dizzy auras to the event store.
  • Added Action Figure Ray to the event store.
  • Added Nena action figure to the ??? store.
  • The Swordfish costume unlocks have been merged into one unlock. Added Laser Sword unlock. Old versions will no longer drop, but existing ones will still unlock the individual costumes.
  • Increased the Reinforced Swag Bag to 30 slots (from 28).
  • Increased the amount of event currency mobs can drop per day.

April Fools Event
  • The event intended to run on 4/1 will now be running on Friday, 4/7 from 12am ST to Saturday, 4/8, 12am ST.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the Butcher's Blade advantage did not count as a Dual Blades power for mod purposes.

Misc
  • Updated White Rhino's costume.
  • Fixed a bug where some titles purchased from the Dev vendor could not be unlocked if you unlocked other titles.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,919 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Hm, getting a patch error when trying to open the launcher, did something break?

Edit: Seems the Sub Server isn't working, tired resetting PC and WIFI
    Psi.
  • Options
    troch222troch222 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Spend 4 days on "Foxbatcon Costume:Cooking Pot /Save the Swag" and on 5th day (after patch) the mission gets dropped before you have time to redeem it for the 50 foxcred and costume part. Thats dirty.
  • Options
    mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    BUG: As of this patch, both versions of the Amazon Drape (tail accessory) are bugged beyond belief, floating around and clinging to capes and things rather than hanging where they should be.
  • Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 57 Arc User
    troch222 wrote: »
    Spend 4 days on "Save the Swag" and on 5th day (after patch) the mission gets dropped before you have time to redeem it for the 50 foxcred and costume part. Thats dirty.

Concurred notion, it's irksome that the game forcibly removed dailies and costume-missions, some of which people were in progress of. I had [Save the Swag] and it was dropped, and the system "was unable" to re-add it, so the game treated it like I just dropped it and is forcing me to wait for the 20 hour cooldown incurred from taking it last night.
  • Options
    rangeramongyourangeramongyou Posts: 1 Arc User
    Spend 4 days on "Save the Swag" and on 5th day (after patch) the mission gets dropped before you have time to redeem it for the 50 foxcred and costume part. Thats dirty.

Concurred notion, it's irksome that the game forcibly removed dailies and costume-missions, some of which people were in progress of. I had [Save the Swag] and it was dropped, and the system "was unable" to re-add it, so the game treated it like I just dropped it and is forcing me to wait for the 20 hour cooldown incurred from taking it last night.
    Yup. Also less than impressed by the removal of the Wrecker archetype from the event store. Was looking forward to getting that, but nope. It's gone.
  • Options
    maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    > @rangeramongyou said:
    > Yup. Also less than impressed by the removal of the Wrecker archetype from the event store. Was looking forward to getting that, but nope. It's gone.

This had to be a mistake. Based on the event not ending until 4/20, they clearly intended this update to happen on Thursday to make it a two-week event, not today. It's the only thing that makes sense, but I'm guessing there isn't a way to fix it.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,436 Arc User
    What is the "??? store"?​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    Spend 4 days on "Foxbatcon Costume:Cooking Pot /Save the Swag" and on 5th day (after patch) the mission gets dropped before you have time to redeem it for the 50 foxcred and costume part. Thats dirty.

I guess this wouldn't seem so bad if they had told us before it happened that this was going to happen.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 260 Arc User
    Cancelling the daily when some people are almost ready to claim it, or half-way through the set is monumentally unfair! I think this requires a rethink, or even a freebie unlock for every account in the game.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the whole reason it happened that way is simply because they don't have a system in place to smoothly transition from old event content to new. They just threw us a bone by letting everyone work on last years event and going to the new one it just had to end one to start the new event.
    It's not like they went out of their way to inconvenience everyone, it's very rare that they even do it like that. I can't recall any other time off hand.

Chances are pretty good that the 5 time costume unlock missions are simply overwritten year after year. Considering they likely only have to swap out rewards and change the displayed name.
  • Options
    Letting players work on a mission then deleting that mission's progress right before a reward can be collected is in no way "throwing us a bone".
    But this is Champions Online. It should have been expected.
    Kind of like when Sidekicks/Henchmen devices were awarded in the past as unbound only to become bound midway thru the event. I've lost count how many I have in my storage that are now bound... unused, but bound nonetheless. Working as intended!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    There was not enough days to complete the Save the Swag mission for the Cooking Pot and Foxbat Cred.

I have thirteen characters doing it so that's 1105 Foxbat credit gone (from the daily cred and the set cred each) and no longer able to get the costume.

I'll be contacting customer support to get this issues resolved, because it was important that the characters got the 85 credit each individually.
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    You do realize they didn't have to activate it at all until today right? You're complaining about cred you literally could not have gotten if they had just made you wait until today. They're extending it an extra week because it wasn't ready due to technical problems and even let us get extra bags/cred that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to get.

You really think they're going to give you those credits when they were just being nice to allow us to work on it before it was ready because they had problems?

Learned their lesson huh? Guess if it ever happens again they'll just make us wait and not let us farm extra tokens/bags. Talk about entitled.
  • Options
    Umm, if they were going to reset the mission anyway, and wipe out all the progress towards the cooking pot, why did they even give the 5 day mission to begin with? They didn't have to do that if they knew they were going to reset it. That just seems like poor planning, like they didn't even consider that it would irritate some players.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    aaronkorr wrote: »
    You do realize they didn't have to activate it at all until today right? You're complaining about cred you literally could not have gotten if they had just made you wait until today. They're extending it an extra week because it wasn't ready due to technical problems and even let us get extra bags/cred that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to get.

You really think they're going to give you those credits when they were just being nice to allow us to work on it before it was ready because they had problems?

Learned their lesson huh? Guess if it ever happens again they'll just make us wait and not let us farm extra tokens/bags. Talk about entitled.

That argument doesn't work in regards to the cooking pot.

Don't use entitled in a negative context as it either implies poor will against the devs or that you don't know what it means at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Obviously it was only available because they just activated it as is. If you'd done it last year you couldn't have worked on it again. And I was calling your attitude entitled. They gave you extra chances for more cred and you scream about it not being fair.

Nevermind the fact that the pot wouldn't have been there at all if they had made you wait. Just an unintended consequence.
    Post edited by aaronkorr on
  • Options
    aaronkorr wrote: »
    Obviously it was only available because they just activated it as is. If you'd done it last year you couldn't have worked on it again. And I was calling your attitude entitled. They gave you extra chances for more cred and you scream about it not being fair.

Nevermind the fact that the pot wouldn't have been there at all if they had made you wait. Just an unintended consequence.

I earned it. So yes I am entitled to the reward. Saying I'm screaming is projection. You have no stake in this so sit down.
  • Options
    godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 71 Arc User
    This whole issue could have been avoided if this got patched in at the usual patch day.

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 634 Arc User
    This whole issue could have been avoided if this got patched in at the usual patch day.

They obviously wanted to but couldn't. Some folks are happier that they put up the old event until they could implement the newer one and others aren't. I probably would have posted a notification on the mission limitations and that active missions would be dropped when the new version went live but, otherwise, issues happen.
  • Options
    I probably would have posted a notification on the mission limitations and that active missions would be dropped when the new version went live but, otherwise, issues happen.

Exactly this. However, if they can't bother to edit the OP to fix "Added Nena action figure to the ??? store." they likely wouldn't do that either.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 634 Arc User
    I like the new boss fight!! I can see why it took some time to develop. Very fun though!!
  • Options
    godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 71 Arc User
    Bug
    April Fools Event "Buggy" perk rewards "Colectible" title. Not sure if intended.
  • Options
    Bug
    April Fools Event "Buggy" perk rewards "Colectible" title. Not sure if intended.

Yeah, we now have two Collectible titles.
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Exactly this. However, if they can't bother to edit the OP to fix "Added Nena action figure to the ??? store." they likely wouldn't do that either.​​

That's not a mistake, they like to be secretive about the Rock Store ???.

Anyway, considering the issues with patching for Cryptic games today, and the insane difficulty, is there any chance you guys could leave this new Hot Buggy Mess event up for an extra day or two?

• Options
    If the buggy Qulaar event comes back, it would be nice if the boss didn't seem to have a bunch of thrown together powers. I.e. it would be nice if it seemed more Qulaarish (other than its appearance).​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,081 Arc User
    A Buggy Mess was tough on my leveling (26) character. He died many, many times. Night Warrior stealth was useless. First round, the mission failed.

However, everyone waited around in that zone for the 5 minute Fail timer to reset and we went at it again. Still died a lot, but we succeeded.

Next one, I brought an AoRP healer and only died 3x and the mission went very fast.

Therefore, I like that the Qularr Error boss was using an assortment of every boss' powers. The minions were fine. I think too many players were focusing on the minions far from the boss, when they should have focused on the boss.

My feeling on the mission: for a one day per year Event fight, I liked it the way it is. Everyone had to keep on their toes. When you died, respawn and get back over to the Boss. Rewards I received were minor, but I expect RNG from all fights.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    Another year of no one on the forums saying how to get Cartoon Fenny.
  • Options
    pallierpallier Posts: 79 Arc User
    will there be any new costume items added this week to the event store?
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    > * Increased the Reinforced Swag Bag to 30 slots (from 28).

I was surprised to see that this change was applied to all of my existing Reinforced Swag Bags automatically. Was worried that I was going to have to go to the Fixer for this on every alt. Does this mean you've figured out a way to make such changes without any need for a stop at the Fixer for all devices or just bags?
  • Options
    maldanaan wrote: »
    > * Increased the Reinforced Swag Bag to 30 slots (from 28).

I was surprised to see that this change was applied to all of my existing Reinforced Swag Bags automatically. Was worried that I was going to have to go to the Fixer for this on every alt. Does this mean you've figured out a way to make such changes without any need for a stop at the Fixer for all devices or just bags?

Just the bags since it is an inventory capacity change. Devices can't be retrofixed directly because of all the variables and versions out there.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    maldanaan wrote: »
    > Does this mean you've figured out a way to make such changes without any need for a stop at the Fixer for all devices or just bags?

It depends on the item. Most items we can retrofix, but there are a bunch we can't (usually older devices as they were generated based on your level and the item quality).