test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release notes 1/26/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
Lockbox
  • Extended the duration of the Collector's Lockbox by 1 week.

ZEN Store
The Kabuto Keypack will be available for 1 week.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Kabuto Helmet

Auras
  • Fixed a bug where various heavy Weapon and Laser sword powers were not working with the weapon auras.

Device tray
  • Added hue picker.
​​

Comments

• Options
    xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Oh, thank you for the hue picker for Device tray. Awesome.
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    My device tray seems messed up after this update. It was previously five wide, now it's three stacked on top of two and I can't seem to be able to change that. This means that when I expand my Power Variant Device Slots, those now get overlapped by the device tray as well.

wl6hunojvizs.jpg
  • Options
    dharindharin Posts: 6 Arc User
    Eh.... so how do I remove having this useless bloat on my hud? It sticks out like a sore thumb and make no sense to have showing all the time when I play and it does not at all match the power tray.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    phasestar wrote: »
    My device tray seems messed up after this update. It was previously five wide, now it's three stacked on top of two and I can't seem to be able to change that. This means that when I expand my Power Variant Device Slots, those now get overlapped by the device tray as well.

wl6hunojvizs.jpg

Have you pressed F12? This is the default UI adjuster.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    Please put in an option to hide the color pickers in the device tray. It is bloat and add more room for error for clicking on devices and other UI elements. The Character window already lets us choose the colors and is out of the way when playing the game regularly.

It also interferes with people who adjust their size and shape of their UI to fit their play style.

These unneeded adjustments to the UI that only breaks custom placement and sizing where the F12 preview window doesn't even line up anymore is atrocious. What's next? Adding hue picker on the power tray?
  • Options
    If this hue picker change is so we can change the color of our power variant and ultimate devices, add them to the character window instead. Or implement the option to hide the hue pickers. The power variant tray is already a problem when it comes to adjusting UI.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Lockbox

Device tray
    • Added hue picker.
    ​​

The main beneficial change here is that Power Variant Devices can now be individually color changed. Previously, you had to use the option to change all of your power, aura and device colors to change them. Thumbs up from me on this change.
  • Options
    dharindharin Posts: 6 Arc User
    Lockbox

Device tray
    • Added hue picker.
    ​​

The main beneficial change here is that Power Variant Devices can now be individually color changed. Previously, you had to use the option to change all of your power, aura and device colors to change them. Thumbs up from me on this change.

Sure, but why on earth bloat the UI with it and also make it mandatory for everyone to have there?!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User

wl6hunojvizs.jpg

That's not how mine look. No overlap at all.

OTOH I don't see the reason for investing scare dev time to do this. It's been possible to change device colors through the Builds tab in the Champions Information window for quite a while. Once I set the colors for a device I almost never change it, so having the option to do so where it's been has worked just fine. I know I will not be changing device colors on the fly. I am now worried that more scarce dev time will be invested in putting color pickers below each power in the power tray. So, in the end it seems like a waste of dev time that would have been much better spent on power revamps or new content.

Remember the fiasco when the devs changed the order of characters in the character select window? Where the order changed whenever you played a character, rather than being fixed by creation date? Eventually they listened to reason and allowed players to go back to the more sensible set up. Maybe they will do that here?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    The option to be able to change power/ability hues is nice, was an option when you subscribed to the game, pressing P to get to your powers, then picking the color ALL button or choosing them individually... is this for everyone now or is this still for subscribers ??
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    The color selector box on the device tray is HORRIBLE.

As a handicapped person with limited hand mobility, I have enough trouble selecting buttons, adding a sand-trap next to the green isn't making it any easier, slowing my reactions as I ensure I don't accidently bring up a palette instead of using that device I was counting on, making me that much less effective in OMs and Alerts where I don't get to take my time.

There is a perfectly serviceable device coloring tab on the character panel that you could have added the new device tray to, and it doesn't clutter or confuse the UI.
  • Options
    Lockbox

Device tray
    • Added hue picker.
    ​​

It is a half-**** solution that needs to be worked on more. Like put it in the character Build tab.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 187 Arc User
    Bug: Form Of The Tiger toggleform's "stack gained" indicator VFX flashing each time stacks are refreshed passively outside of battle; this only started recently and no other toggleform does this.

Suggestion: change the color-swatches/hue-pickers that were added to the device tray so that, when your powers are currently Locked in the powers menu, clicking them activates the device in question instead of bringing up the colors list, while only bringing up the colors list instead of activating their respective devices when clicked while your powers menu is Unlocked.

Suggestion: widen the click-box of the color-swatches upwards slightly so that there isn't one or two rows of dead pixels that neither activate the device or hit the swatch itself; this is mostly in the case of implementing the prior suggestion, so that if implemented there isn't a minutely-tiny spot "inside" the device buttons where clicking does nothing.

If implemented correctly, those two suggestions would ensure that, with powers Locked, the color-swatches would make it easier to reliably click on devices in combat by effectively making their buttons larger, which turns the current issue of "oh no I tried to use a device but now my entire device tray (and potentially any number of my other trays) is completely covered by a rainbow of squares blocking my view and/or clicking of things" into "devices are easier to click now... huh, that's nice." to go along with finally being able to manually recolor devices one by one.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2023

wl6hunojvizs.jpg

That's how mine looked as well. I've found that it's because it doesn't handle certain UI sizes well. I was able to fix it on mine by adjusting the UI size in the options (press options, go to basic tab, then adjust interface scale).
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
  • Options
    warcanch wrote: »

wl6hunojvizs.jpg

Have you pressed F12? This is the default UI adjuster.​​

Yes, but that only lets me move the device tray around. It doesn't seem to change this new 3x2 configuration that only appeared after this update.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    Device tray

Added hue picker.
    Since PVD colouring wasn't added in the build section of the characters' window like the devices, this seems to be made to work around the Engine's limitations... again...
    Just like the change to have weapon auras being bound to the power's colours, I'm not a fan of this decision! :confused:

Not only it creates unwanted bloat with the UI elements, the device colours slots always being visible looks pretty tacky, and most important Now the Power and Device trays are completely asymmetrical!
    XOjRQU5.png

Not to mention that now I have to manually adjust every since characters' UI (cannot use the LOAD UI function because it will screw up manly things on pre-existing characters UI and keybinds)

The PVDs tray was an excellent addition and but now it became a bloated mess to look at!

Bug:
    1. The UIs are completely asymmetrical!
    2. The Device Tray rectangle during Rearrange has not been updating to reflect correctly how much space it takes! Giving false visual information where it's positioned
    3. A lot of the characters don't have the correct size of it when both Devices are being used (like in GIF #2 while #1, #3 & #4 have still the normal one)

Weirdly enough characters who don't even have PVDs can view the full rectangle correctly!
    yg7YAW9.gifgU1a1wn.gif
    GIF #1 being off | GIF #2 Being the Normal size with both Device trays open, but not being correctly updated on size
    4. This new UI is just an invitation for mis-clicking the hue picker during combat
    Even thought I play with a Gamepad and it doesn't effect me, it's clear that it can cause a lot of disturbance during combat

and on the subject of UI organizing, the Bag Tray has been an issue for too long now
    Bug:The Bag Tray rectangle during Rearrange is not centered correctly the actual Bag UI element! Giving false visual information where it's positioned
    This has been an issue even since the overflown bag was changed!
    2o62GBR.gifUXiBrhB.gif

Suggestion: Have the hue picker being Hidden from the active UI and only appearing when you open the Bag, the same way the Upgrades Tray opens and reveals the secondary gear!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    whatdakrak wrote: »
      Device tray
      • Added hue picker.
      ​​

This was clearly done to allow players to freely change the color of Power Variant Devices because the new DevicesWeapons tray that Power Variant Devices including Ultimate Variant Devices are locked into does not appear in the Device or Build tabs of the Character page.

i'd suggest something in the options menu to allow players to disable this feature.
      Adding The DevicesWeapons tray to the Build tab would also work, but it doesn't have much room, the Devices tab on Archetypes does have plenty of room though.

I highly recommend rebinding these slots to whatever Power tray slot the power they are replacing is in.
      This can be done either in the options menu in the keybinds tab or by typing this into the chat box:

/bind [key] +InventoryExec DevicesWeapons [slot 0-4]

Replace "[key]" with the button you want to press to activate the Power Variant Device, remove brackets
      Replace "[slot 0-4]" with the device slot the Power Variant Device is in, going from left->right, starting at 0, ending at 4. Remove brackets

Use this bind if you want to Power Variant Device to charge or maintain without having to hold the button down:

/bind [key] InventoryExec 1 DevicesWeapons [slot 0-4]

Use this bind if you also want it to activate your Energy builder. i recommend changing EB setting to "toggle, change cancels" in the options menu when using this method:

/bind [key] "+InventoryExec DevicesWeapons [slot 0-4] $$ DefaultAutoAttack 1"

To bind regular devices use the same commands but remove "Weapons" So it just says "Devices"

Using keybinds like these you can close the Power Variant Devices tray and
      get some HUD real-estate back and not worry about clicking the power hue option in the heat of battle.
      I hope those with Mobility issues will benefit from this information. If you need to use 100% mouse Controls idk how to help you, i'm sorry.

Thanks, very useful.
    • Options
      dikawolf wrote: »

wl6hunojvizs.jpg

That's how mine looked as well. I've found that it's because it doesn't handle certain UI sizes well. I was able to fix it on mine by adjusting the UI size in the options (press options, go to basic tab, then adjust interface scale).

Thanks! That was the answer. I had the UI scale at 1.70 which had been working fine. Nudging it down to 1.6 fixed this issue for me.
    • Options
      godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 67 Arc User
      edited January 2023
      Bug: Form Of The Tiger toggleform's "stack gained" indicator VFX flashing each time stacks are refreshed passively outside of battle; this only started recently and no other toggleform does this.

Happens with Form of the Swordsman too. Or at least it does on my Single Blade toon.

EDIT:

Actually it's less that and it looks like my toon just keeps flashing blue every four seconds that the form is active, regardless of combat or gaining stacks. Which doesn't happen before.

• Options
      omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
      Bug: Warden Mastery is no longer working for TK melee's ID Weaponry combo attacks
      Not sure if this is from this patch or the first weapon auras patch
      Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
    • Options
      edited January 2023
      avianos wrote: »
      Device tray

Added hue picker.
      Since PVD colouring wasn't added in the build section of the characters' window like the devices, this seems to be made to work around the Engine's limitations... again...
      Just like the change to have weapon auras being bound to the power's colours, I'm not a fan of this decision! :confused:

Which is even more confusing and contradictory since the weapon auras already had a color picker and worked independently of the powers. They have the hue box, but they removed that functionality.

Why not make it so that right clicking a device or power opens the hue picker or something instead of more tray bloat?
    • Options
      jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
      Yeah, it's a pretty small thing, like geometrically or physically... but I really hate the UI change.
    • Options
      psigar#4618 psigar Posts: 2 Arc User

wl6hunojvizs.jpg

All of my accounts are like this. I hope they fix this - CO is unplayable for me until they do.
    • Options
      dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
      edited January 2023
      All of my accounts are like this. I hope they fix this - CO is unplayable for me until they do.

I've already posted a way to fix it yourself.

Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
    • Options
      psigar#4618 psigar Posts: 2 Arc User

I've already posted a way to fix it yourself.

That doesn't work for me as my disability requires me to keep the ui scale to max otherwise the ui is far too small for me to see.
    • Options
      omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User

That doesn't work for me as my disability requires me to keep the ui scale to max otherwise the ui is far too small for me to see.

So to clear things up, the UI scale you normally use due to your disability gets broken into the screenshots you posted, after this patch? If that's the case then that sucks and they didn't keep MAX UI in mind, or didn't think it's be an issue for anyone.

Personally I'm not a fan either of the extra pixels, it's unnecessary fluff IMO better placed as an option within settings somewhere then on the UI by default. Or at least with the option to disable, if this has to exist at all
      Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
    • Options
      jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
      The devs keep trying to think of things to put in lockboxes to make them attractive to buy. Selling keys to open them is probably the only way the game makes real money for them anymore (since almost nothing new gets added to the Zen store). Legion gear, Vehicles and Sidekicks have all been part of that mix. Power replacers are just the newest gimmik and the devs are trying to pander to the crowd that wants them by adding this customization. Eventually people will grow tired to this latest round of gimmiks and the devs will move on to some other lockbox toy. Too bad they can't figure out a way to monetize things that a lot of plaers would really like: power revamps and content.
      JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
      Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    • Options
      jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
      February lockbox will have an item that lets you get rid of unnecessary crap in your UI. Drop rate: .01%.