test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 1/19/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Redbanner Ruin
For the next 2 weeks this event will be running.
  • New Mission: Complete the Streets Run Red mission 10 times, rewards the Crimson Belt costume.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fury of the Dragon alert 5 times, rewards the Crimson Shoulders costume.
  • Added Champion recognition reward to the daily missions.
  • Added Questionite reward to the costume missions.
  • Artifact drops will now be more consistent.

Fury of the Dragon alert
  • Now has a chance to drop Melee Weapon Aura: Electric.

ZEN Store
The Crimson Key Pack will be available for 1 week.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Powers
  • 1x Crimson Armor Costume

Auras
  • (Right) weapon auras will now only work on the following powers: Single Blade, TK Blades, Heavy Weapons, Laser Sword, Fighting Claws, Dual Blades, Id Blades.
  • Added (Single) weapon auras. These will work on the following powers: Single Blade, TK Blades, Heavy Weapons, Laser Sword.
  • Added (Dual) weapons auras. These will work on the following powers: Fighting Claws, Dual Blades, Id Blades.
  • Added (Left) weapons auras. These will work on the following powers: Fighting Claws, Dual Blades, Id Blades.
  • Fixed an issue where these auras would not always properly cancel out when swapping powers, and where they would sometimes not work at all.
  • The color of these auras is now tied to the power being used. (This is a result of the changes made to address the various issues these auras had).

Recognition
  • Added Sorcery melee weapon auras to the Champion Recognition store.

Costumes
  • Added Rope arm accessory costume.
​​

Comments

• Options
    renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    Nice. Now my cursed katana can look cursed
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    New Mission: Complete the Streets Run Red mission 10 times, rewards the Crimson Belt costume.

The event only lasts for one week, though. What's the point? Unless it's a typo from the newspage announcing the event?
  • Options
    whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    Redbanner Ruin
    For the next 2 weeks this event will be running.​​
    The News blurb was once again wrong.
    Auras
    • Fixed an issue where these auras would not always properly cancel out when swapping powers, and where they would sometimes not work at all.
    • The color of these auras is now tied to the power being used. (This is a result of the changes made to address the various issues these auras had).​​
    i'm rather disappointed with this update.
    While it looks like this opens up some great customization options it also closes just as many.
    Specifically, having the Aura inherit power color makes it so a dual bladed character like one of my Id Blade users can no longer use Auras to have 2 different color blades.
    Magic swordsman with 2 different magic blades? Nope.
    Heavy weapon user using Brimstone wants a glowing red blade but not red flames? too bad.
    Different attacks with even the same weapons constantly changing the colors of the weapon auras? Yes, pretty cool actually, but this was already possible with binds just way more clunky.I understand that this was a work around to fix some issues with the auras but it's not really a "fix" if it removes functionality.
    Please put some more time into this and see if it's possible to have it work the way i'm sure we would all want it to.
    It would also be great to have white/black versions but that is not possible with this power color based system, unless you figure out a way to let us have white/black powers. In which case YES! Do That!
    Having "Single" be the old style and "Dual, Right, Left" be the new style would be a decent work around until/unless a true fix is made possible.lastly, since you brought up weapon auras, please take a look at Night Claws costume, the aura is floating next to the inside of the wrist and not anywhere near the claws.TY for all the work you do.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Happy 2023! The Year of the Rabbit 🐇

I can only hope this means that the Krackle weapon aura (and the other one which i don't remember the name anymore) that was never released on Live and was forgotten and remove from PTS will return!
    The color of these auras is now tied to the power being used. (This is a result of the changes made to address the various issues these auras had).
    While I understand this was made to address issues with the game's engines!

It absolutely murders the concept of asymmetrical aura colouring as well as Two-Colours tone
    What If I wanted to make a Dual-Blade character who uses both Fire and Ice powers and wanted to have one blade coloured Red while the other Blue? 🙄
    Now they are going to be the same colour no matter what!
    Yeah this is very disappointing change! :-1:
    (Right) weapon auras will now only work on the following powers: Single Blade, TK Blades, Heavy Weapons, Laser Sword, Fighting Claws, Dual Blades, Id Blades.

Circling really fast across my characters just to test something only to discover the aura is broken for many weapon skins and perhaps doesn't register certain HW powers at all!
    [Melee Weapon Aura: Sorcery (Right)]
    1. HW Guard and Single Blade Deflect Blocks activates it even outside combat! Because I always forget to colour melee weapon blocks its default Blue! If you use Which persists during combat even while using other weapon powers with different colours so the colour stays blue even if other powers are not the same!
    2. Doesn't work with the Lance weapon skin anymore (tested only on HW) and probably its broken
    3. Doesn't work the the ICE Swords skin anymore (HW) ok this breaks my own concept aesthetic now! It was working perfectly before the update!
    It DOES WORK on the TK version of Ice sword however
    4. Wasn't working with the Viking Hammer (HW) until I changed instance and visit my hideout
    5. Tested it on Gear Sword only to discover that Ark of Ruin (RANK 1 with 2 advs) wasn't activating the Aura at all! Had to use a different power!
    6. I'm getting inconsistent results with Glory Axe (HW) which lead me to believe starting the combat with specific HW powers doesn't activate the aura at all! Perhaps the reason some of the weapons above werent working?
    Nothing except Guard was activating the aura until I changed instance! Then the Aura broke and stop working again! [Earth Splitter], [Brute Strike], [Vicious Descent] and [Crushing Ruin] along with Guard seem to only trigger it
    Then using [Annihilate] as first attack doesn't activate the aura at all for the rest of the combat phase!
    7. Heavy Macahuitl (HW exlusive weapon)! Mixed results again! made me realize another thing!
    If you don't start the combat with an opening power that activates the aura ([Eruption] or [Vicious Descent]) for this character), it won't turn on at all until next combat!

Binding the aura with the weapon's powers cause a huge mess here 😵‍💫
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    Disappointed with the auras adopting the power color with no option to opt out of that. Why not let us keep the old (Right) aura from the series and introduce the new one in the Champ Rec store like you are doing anyways?

I am at least glad one character can farm everything in the event. Those artifact drops on the PTS took 40 minutes since one was refusing to drop.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User

BUG: Unrelenting is still broken

Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I like the new Crimson costume pieces! :)
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    New Mission: Complete the Streets Run Red mission 10 times, rewards the Crimson Belt costume.

The event only lasts for one week, though. What's the point? Unless it's a typo from the newspage announcing the event?

Kael is famous/infamous for his sloppiness about dates and times. If there is a conflict it's likely he got it wrong.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    The recent costume releases have improved in quality.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    So it looks like the old right aura still works for two handed weapon attacks which is nice. Also the options that both left, right and dual weapons either drop enough or are available for only 50 SCR is nice. It is just sad that we can't have electric colored differently than magic.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is known already by now but it seems like HW Electric aura (right) is just entirely broken. Nothing is activating it so far. I picked up Crimson Bloom just to check using the same skin but with single blade (Light Crusher) and it activates and works as intended. Other skins don't seem to make a difference for HW either.

Overall, I like the new auras (though it would be great if they were aligned better on some weapons and was only on the blade part where appropriate) but the state of their launch seems bad.
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    i1u57V5.png
    I wish The Crimson Armor didn't clip with the Oni Slayer costume pants. Reason is that this is one of the few Asian centric costumes pieces.

Edit:
    fXwKwuf.png
    I found a work around. Space Western with less plumage but I increased upper leg slider. Noe just waiting on that Crimson Belt to she if it works.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    gaizg8izhvz8.jpg

It would be very nice to have the artifacts land within the 5 groups we're required to hunt for Streets Run Red. Sometimes they come quick, but often not...I've taken as many as 10 groups before getting them all, and Water and Wind seem to be the most stubborn. For those of us running this mission on multiple alts, we could definitely use better drop rates.
  • Options
    RNG. I got all of them from 4 mobs today. Your results may vary.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    RNG. I got all of them from 4 mobs today. Your results may vary.

Vary WIDELY...but I find you land the set much more over 5 groups, than under.

• Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    gaizg8izhvz8.jpg

It would be very nice to have the artifacts land within the 5 groups we're required to hunt for Streets Run Red. Sometimes they come quick, but often not...I've taken as many as 10 groups before getting them all, and Water and Wind seem to be the most stubborn. For those of us running this mission on multiple alts, we could definitely use better drop rates.

Why would you run this on alts, as the rewards are account wide?
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    gaizg8izhvz8.jpg

So they can earn even more currency for each alt to purchase more unlocks in the event store than if they just grinded with a single character.
  • Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    gaizg8izhvz8.jpg

So they can earn even more currency for each alt to purchase more unlocks in the event store than if they just grinded with a single character.

There is no event store, nor is there currency for Red Banner.
  • Options
    Speaking of currencies. Weren't they supposed to do a wipe of all event currencies at the beginning of the year?
    JwLmWoa.png