test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Justice Gear (Post Distinguished/Virtuous Gear Update)

rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
Good Morning Class

Today I come to the suggestions box to bring up something that's probably been brought up before but I figured I'd make my own discussion about it regardless. GCR/SCR gear has been updated, hurray! And I'm going to address a few things, including concerns that I have pertaining to the gear.

Grab your bananas, grab your nuclear energy and let's get down to business.

Power Surge

Power Surge got an update that scales with the total equilibrium of your character, this is mostly balanced out based on how much energy you have and where you energy is set (I think). It's functionality was changed entirely, where beforehand you would have an x% change to gain y amount of energy based on whatever attacks you used. Now, it's just a passive thing that gives energy overtime which, is alright enough considering we have have five ways of generating energy already, blocking attacks, gaining/refreshing a stack for your toggle form, energy unlocks, everyone's favorite, energy builders (which should totally be ranked up from 1-3 passively over the levels by the way), and others, too lazy to list all of them.

It's an unorthodox change but, it has it's moments where it's helpful, but some builds have benefitted from a hefty surge of energy overtime so, it's kind of a hit to some builds.

Virtuous Gear and Distinguished Gear

Both of these sets of gears got two major updates, one update was that now both sets have an extra property which buffs energy unlocks, this is pretty great because now Tanks have a little bit more leeway with their lousy energy management thanks to the unfair backhand they're given after taking their role (which is -20% Equilibrium and -20% Max Energy. Damn). Support role gets this benefit as well, however if you are in another role, which is not Support for Virtuous or Tank for Distinguished, you'll only get a 10% increase rather than a full 20% increase that this gear would allow.

Next, they got a piece of gear that allows them to generate more aggro in the game, which is a bit niche considering we already have the gloves of the defender and you get yourself two r5 confronts or any threat mod that benefits a specific damage type's threat generation, you're pretty much good unless you want to engage in aggro-wars with other people, or just further guarantee holding aggro from heavy hitting DPS.

Then there's another piece of gear that even Justice received (Which is the only extra piece of gear Justice got during this update), which enhances dodge chance and avoidance. This is another niche update that works, it's another piece of gear everyone can try to farm to expand their repertoire if they wish to.

Concerns/Suggestions

Why is Justice barely even touched still, shouldn't there have been equal treatment, why did Virtuous Gear and Distinguished Gear get an update that changes their Power Surge property where Justice still hasn't gotten one yet. Why did Virtuous and Distinguished Gear get an Energy Unlock bonus when Justice didn't either, and why did Justice not get a gear set that had something to do with the Placation and Intimidation gear that the other two sets got.

So here's my suggestion, let's get an update for Justice Gear, let's add the Power Surge feature onto one of the pieces of gear for Justice Gear's Utility pieces, and update the set bonuses they get by adding an Energy Unlock buff similar to Virtuous Gear and Distinguished Gear, but for DPS. It'd be really nice if Justice Gear got some more love considering a good portion of players, I'm sure, farm for said gear.

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Personally, I'd love to see the requirements for all these sets of gear standardized. Either make them all require Rampage tokens (my preference; along with less scr/gcr like JG) or none of them. Very hard to find Rampages any more at many times of the day. Making all gear require tokens is the solution.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd love to see the requirements for all these sets of gear standardized. Either make them all require Rampage tokens (my preference; along with less scr/gcr like JG) or none of them. Very hard to find Rampages any more at many times of the day. Making all gear require tokens is the solution.

I agree to this to an extent, but that may end up biting us in the **** in the end. Going back to the discussion of 'extending content by driving up the cost of rewards', this would likely make farming more of a hassle. While this may put more attention to rampages, it will further exhaust players from farming except for the exceptionally motivated.

Mind you, this would mean that the Therakiel Rampage will have to become a normal rotation, which I am confident the current dev-team will never want
  • Options
    I hear you, but I just want to note that scr/gcr costs for JG are less than for DG and VG. That's grind time that can go into Rampages. Also, my gut tells me that a decent number of people have simply given up on Rampages because of how inactive they are. Why hope that you can find enough people willing to do Lemuria when you know that people are showing up for cosmics? Sure, the JG is better for DPS, but the chance of gettig the tokens in a meaniful amount of time these days is pretty low. Better to settle for the far more easy to obatin DG and VG and settle for a bit less output.

Of course, the other option is to get rid of Rampage tokens and instead have Rampages award scr and once you do 1 of each you get some gcr. Kind of like how the QWZ works. Maybe also rescale them so that they can all be done with fewer players.

I actually enjoy Rampages (47 sets of JG to prove it) and wish I could find more people to do them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    I don't know if that would work. If all 3 sets were via rampage, then what happens to cosmic runs? Also, not sure the population number of this game will even support that idea as viable, especially considering how much of a nose dive PQ's take during events. The entire October-January 1 stretch is almost a write off for PQ's, in my experience anyway. Lastly, people in time zones that aren't a peak population time of day would be screwed
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • Options
    Cosmic runs would still happen, at least if people want end game gear. If people just got into the habit of knocking off a few Ramapages after each cosmic cycle it might work. ATM a fair number of people just log off once cosmics are done (or do Eido if enough people are on who can handle it) or idle in RenCen (exciting game play that!). I do cosmics typically between 4:00-7:00 A.M. EST. If there are 15 people on to do cosmics, those same people could do Rampages.

The other option, as I said, is just to make Rampages another source of gcr/scr, get rid of the token requirement for JG and make that set cost the same as DG and VG.

However, I know the Devs are not likely to do either. I mostly feel bad for newer players who may never be able to get a set of JG.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    As a mostly casual player, I participate in Cosmics and sometimes Eidolon. Virtuous and Distinguished gear are just fine for me to strive for. However, if they removed the token requirement from Justice gear and standardized the cost, I'd strive for that gear on certain characters.

And, I'd play some of the Rampages more often if they were a decent source of currency toward said gear. But not for the single token that you need along with the SCR/GCR.

If they made the requirement that ALL of the above gear needed these current Rampage tokens, then I'd simply play with the basic Fortuitous/Remarkable/Mercenary/etc gear, that I purchase when a character hits 40. This gear is just fine to do every single bit of content currently in the game, as long as the build is decent, too.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"