test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20221116.35 - Redbanner Ruin

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2023 in PTS - The Archive
Redbanner Ruin
  • New Mission: Complete the Streets Run Red mission 10 times, rewards the Crimson Belt costume.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fury of the Dragon alert 5 times, rewards the Crimson Shoulders costume.
  • Added Crimson Armor costume to the pts vendor.
  • Added Champion recognition reward to the daily missions.
  • Added Questionite reward to the costume missions.
  • Artifact drops will now be more consistent.

Fury of the Dragon alert
  • Now has a chance to drop Melee Weapon Aura: Electric.

Auras
  • Existing Weapon Auras have been renamed from (Right) to (Single).
  • (Single) weapon auras will now only work on the following powers: Single Blade, TK Blades, Heavy Weapons, Laser Sword.
  • Added (Dual) weapons auras. These will work on the following powers: Fighting Claws, Dual Blades, Id Blades.
  • Fixed an issue where these auras would not always properly cancel out when swapping powers, and where they would sometimes not work at all.
  • The color of these auras is now tied to the power being used.
  • Please report if any mentioned weapon powers are not triggering these auras.

Recognition
  • Added Sorcery melee weapon auras to the Champion Recognition store.

Costumes
  • Added Rope arm accessory costume.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    I notice this means we can no longer have 1 auraed weapon with dual wield, which is a currently available option on live. Why not retain this ability while adding the new dual option? Please let the (Single) aura affect 1h or 1 weapon in 2h, while the (Dual) aura can affect both.
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Redbanner Ruin

Auras
    • Existing Weapon Auras have been renamed from (Right) to (Single).
    • (Single) weapon auras will now only work on the following powers: Single Blade, TK Blades, Heavy Weapons, Laser Sword.
    • Added (Dual) weapons auras. These will work on the following powers: Fighting Claws, Dual Blades, Id Blades.
    • Fixed an issue where these auras would not always properly cancel out when swapping powers, and where they would sometimes not work at all.
    • Please report if any mentioned weapon powers are not triggering these auras.

Oh gods, am I gonna have to go through every single melee weapon again like I did just 3 years ago?
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Redbanner Ruin
    Costumes
    • Added Rope arm accessory costume.

Bug
    Males do not have this. Only selectable on females.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    Query: For the existing Weapon Aura which is an "unavoidable" reward for completing a serial mission (shown below). Will there be an option to swap it for a Dual Aura? I ask as I do use it for my Fighting Claws character on LIVE at the moment and was just waiting for a "Left" so both could use it.

image.png

If not, there should be.
  • Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 56 Arc User
    Auras

Think this is the only questionable thing here. While it'd be a niche idea to have a weapon aura that has a different color than the swing/slash vfx, why stop us from having the option? This game has always thrived on creativity. Moreover, it makes the color box for the aura useless. It just feels like a needless change.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    While I like the idea of the aura adopting the power color so you only need the one, I would still like the option of having the aura a different color than the power effect. Having the heavy weapon glow differently than the fire spitting crack in the ground looks nice. Forcing the aura to adopt the power color makes it look washed out.

A loss of customization.

Also the dream of having a different aura-ed weapon in each hand is now lost.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Forgot to add that you are upping the drop rate on Sapphire Dragon Mod to 10/run.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    doggepopedoggepope Posts: 32 Arc User
    - Recog shop auras not Bind to Account on Equip (dislike)
    - Event auras also not Bind to Account on Equip (also dislike-- hopefully lockbox ones will be at least)
    - Having to pair auras of a kind for complete power coverage, when only one Combat aura slot by default (numb, I guess)
    - During Powerhouse testing, new auras appeared where applicable* on 100% of activations (unlike the old weapon aura), immediately and with no display lag (also unlike the old weapon aura) (really like)

* Anomalous graphics on certain powers/sets:
    LASER SWORD:
    All Laser Sword powers currently have their beam-- weapon aura included-- extending forward along the ground between the character's feet. Only the motion trail currently emits from the sword handle like it is supposed to. Also, certain powers in this set do not normally show equipped weapon auras.
    AURA VISIBLE: Laser Edge, Lightwave Slash, Plasma Cutter, Luminescent Slash, Particle Wave, Lightspeed Dash, Particle Accelerator (toggle form), Laser Deflection
    AURA INVISIBLE: Glance, Lightspeed Strike, Meltdown
    However, if preceded by a power from another set that is melee and weapon-based, all LS FX will display as normal until there is no longer a melee weapon in the character's hand due to a non-weapon block, unarmed/ranged power, or time elapsed.
    No dual auras were seen to appear on this powerset.

SINGLE BLADE:
    All powers show Sorcery and Electric auras correctly, including Vorpal Blade and Form of the Swordsman. No dual auras were seen to appear on these powers.

DUAL BLADES:
    All powers show Sorcery and Electric auras correctly, including Whirling Dragon Strike and Form of the Tempest. No single auras were seen to appear on these powers.

FIGHTING CLAWS:
    All powers show Sorcery and Electric auras correctly, including Bladed Fury and Form of the Tiger. And Shadow Strike-- almost forgot that one. No single auras were seen to appear on any of these powers. Would these types of auras be too difficult to refit at some later date to add effects on ranged/weaponless powers like Bestial Supernatural, Munitions... Energy Projectors?

TELEKINESIS (SINGLE):
    All powers show Sorcery and Electric auras correctly, except for Ego Blade Pandemonium, which would not display any aura on the Telekinetic weapon inside the character's hand. Dual auras displayed no effects when only one Telekinetic weapon was being wielded.

TELEKINESIS (DUAL):
    All powers correctly show both auras in each hand, again except for Ego Blade Pandemonium. The Id Blades Questionite aura and the 0-point advantage on the Id Mastery passive were both tested to reach this conclusion. No single auras were seen to appear. (As an aside, double TK blades with the Sorcery aura look very cool.)

HEAVY WEAPON:
    Behaves oddly. Auras seemed to be broken, but was able to repro normal aura appearance by jumpstarting using specific Heavy Weapon powers from neutral (standing/moving, no weapon currently in the character's hand). After starting power usage under other conditions, the aura would not appear on HW until the Weapon was allowed to disappear from the hand, and the jumpstart performed. Weapon-based powers from other melee powersets except Laser Sword were capable of performing the jumpstart. . . some of the time.
    JUMPSTART OK: Cleave, Brute Strike, Eruption, Skullcrusher, Earthsplitter, Skewer, Brimstone, Decimate, Vicious Descent, Guard, Crushing Ruin, Ultimate Brimstone
    JUMPSTART NO: Bludgeon, Arc of Ruin, Annihilate
    NO AURA, PERIOD: Power Chord
    No dual auras were seen to appear on these powers. All normal Heavy Weapon weapon FX seem to display as normal.

DEVICES:
    Too tired, don't wanna
This discussion has been closed.