test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/8/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2022 in Release Notes
Winter Celebration
For the next 4 weeks, this event will be running.

Week 1:
  • Added Frigid Collar costume to the event store.
  • Added Crystal Auras to the event store.
  • Added Swan Boots, Frigid Emblem and Toy Shiba costumes as possible drops from gifts.
  • Known issue: The Ice Shard mission is missing the rewards. This will be resolved next week.

Week 2:
Starts 12/15/2022
  • Confront Black Harlequin at the Finkle Foundry!
  • Added Frost Ice Rifle variant device as a possible drop from Finkle Foundry.
  • Added Frost Ice Rifle as a possible costume drop from Finkle Foundry.
  • New Mission: Complete March of the Mecha Soldiers mission 5 times, rewards the Frigid Belt costume.
  • Added Frigid Shoulders and Cryogenic Rifle to the event store.

Week 3
Starts 12/22/2022
  • Defeat Black Harlequin and Clarence the Mechateddy!
  • New Mission: Complete Making Naughty Nice mission 5 times, rewards the Frigid Jacket costume.
  • Added Frigid Leg Armor and Frigid Sword costumes to the event vendor.

Week 4
Starts 12/29/2022
  • New Mission: Complete Making Naughty Nice mission 5 times, rewards the Jeweled Tights costume.
  • Added Frigid Hair and Snowball Launcher costumes to the event store.

Reprint Event
For the next week, this event will be running.
  • All event stores are available during this event. Speak with the Reprint contact in the recognition area to get daily free event tokens.
  • All enemies in game can drop all event tokens during this event.

Double XP Event
Starts 12/15/2022
  • For 1 week Witchcraft will be available to give out a Double XP boost!

Alert Bonus Event
Starts 12/22/2022
  • For 1 week all alerts give bonus rewards.

Story Bonus Event
Starts 12/29/2022
  • For 1 week all Adventure Packs, Cosmic Series and Serial missions give bonus rewards.

ZEN Store
The Snow Storm Key Pack will be available for 1 week.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Ski Suit costume

Costumes
  • Added Strap neck costume to the tailor.

Misc
  • Fixed an issue where the power Strikes and Takeoff Flight costume transformations account versions were not unlocking properly.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2022
    Weapon Variant Device
    Frost Ice Rifle
    Can be found in the Finkle Foundry alert.
    • Assault Rifle Weapon Variant
    • Deals cold damage.
    • Deals additional damage based on Chill stacks.
    • Chance to Chill targets.
    • Chance to Shatter Ice Structures on a full maintain.

Powers
    All players have received a free respec. This respec does not stack with prior free respecs.

Ice Structures
    • Corrected Shatter damage scaling on Ice Cage structures. They will scale much better with player stats now.
    • Fixed a bug where they did not always deal detonation damage.
    • Reduced dot damage on Ice Cage, and the damage can no longer crit, but dot damage can now affect root immune targets.
    • When the root of an Ice Cage expires, it no longer expires the Ice Structure.

Ice Burst
    • Reduced initial damage.
    • Increased detonation damage.
    • Now Knocks targets up instead of back.
    • Reduced cooldown to 20 seconds (from 30).
    • Chance too apply Chilled to nearby targets while active.
    • Freeze, Dirtbag Advantage: Paralyze is now delayed by 2 sec. Now stuns secondary targets.
    • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply additional Ice Cages to nearby targets while active.
    • New Advantage (2): Creates a Healing Rune at the primary target.
    • Added Nailed to the Ground advantage.

Shatter
    • Detonation damage now increases if higher ranked Ice Cages are created. Ice Cages specifically created by powers have ranks, where ice Cages created by the chill effect are unranked.
    • You must now hit a target for the detonation effect to take place.
    • Removed Nailed to the Ground advantage.

Avalanche
    • Serrated Shards Adv: Changed to deal increased damage to targets trapped in Ice Cages.

Ice Barrier
    • Increased health of barriers per rank.
    • Increased detonation damage.

Ice Cage
    • Added Nailed to the Ground advantage.

Snow Storm
    • Corrected damage to activation values.
    • Increased activation time to 1 sec (from 0.83)
    • Reduced chance to apply Chill for R1, but increases chance with rank now.
    • Added Perception debuff while maintaing the power.
    • Removed ability to extend the duration of the power.
    • New Advantage (2): Applies Hard Frost when fully maintained.
    • New Advantage (2): Paralyzes targets when fully maintained.

Ice Shield
    • New Advantage (1): Applies a small resistance bonus after blocking. Applies Cold Snap effect.

Frost Breath
    • New Advantage (2): Applies a scaling shield as you maintain the power.

Avalanche
    • New Advantage (2): Expires any Chill effects on the target and heals you for any removed.

Misc
    • Fixed a bug where some breakout damage could be dodged.

Nova Flare
    • Increased radius to 10ft.

Flamethrower
    • New Advantage (2): Applies Unstable Accelerant.
    • New Advantage (2): Increases damage every time you fully maintain the power.

Two Gun Mojo
    • New Advantage (2): Increases damage every time you fully maintain the power.

Thrash
    • Moved to Tier1.
    • Corrected power costs. Cost has increased.
    • Reduced damage.
    • Increased healing value.
    • Fixed a bug where the healing on this power could be higher than intended when affected by Deep Wound.
    • This power now scales based on the number of Wounds on the target instead of just Bleeds.
    • Festering Adv: Fixed a bug where this effect was not applying properly.
    • New Advantage (3): Increases the damage and cost of the power and gain additiona bonus damage the more you maintain it if you are above half health, but no longer heals if you are above half health. If you drop below half, damage bonuses are removed and the healing effect returns.
    • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Bleed over time.

Devour Essence
    • Corrected power costs. Cost has increased.
    • Reduced damage.
    • New Advantage (3): Increases the damage and cost of the power and gain additiona bonus damage the more you maintain it if you are above half health, but no longer heals if you are above half health. If you drop below half, damage bonuses are removed and the healing effect returns.
    • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Poison over time.

Fireball
    • Charged Attack adv: Added additional electrical damage.

Epidemic
    • New Advantage (2): Increases the effectiveness of the Toxic res debuff on Pestilence while you maintain this power.

Pestilence
    • Fixed a bug where the Slashing resistance debuff on this power was not working properly.

Crashing Wave Kick/Glance/Brute Strike/Swift Strike/Head Butt/Rifle Butt/Pistol Whip/Feint/Ego Blade Astonish
    • New Advantage (2): Interrupts the target instead of stunning them.

Feint
    • Fixed an issue where the animation and activation time weren't lining up.

Skewer
    • New Advantage (1): Changes damage type to Slashing.

Specializations
    • Unrelenting no longer overrides your movement speed to prevent having your movement speed reduced. Now makes you immune to the Snare effect.
    • Fixed a bug where Administer's damage bonus did not scale with rank.

Archetypes
    The Glacier
    • The Diminishing Return effects have been corrected on this archetype.

New Progression Path
    Protector, Overseer
    • 6: Ice Cage OR Wall of Ice
    • 14: Chilled Form
    • 17: Shatter
    • 25: Icy Embrace
    • 30: Ice Barrier OR Unbreakable
    • 35: Ice Burt OR Ice Sheath
    ​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Added Crystal Auras to the event store.
    Looking at those Crystal auras yesterday in PTS THEY ARE AMAZING
    this is the closest thing we can get to resemble GEM-DIAMOND and honestly it works very good! :grin:
    I love the idea of making material auras Skin and Tights focused instead of full model

Thinking of all the future possible costume experimentations if we get more auras like this
    Frigid Sword

AKA The ICE QUEEN Sword
    ZEN Store
    The Snow Storm Key Pack will be available for 1 week.
    Don't you mean Snow Storm key PARK? :smirk:
    i3Cww46.png
    Typo in the banner for 3rd year in the row
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    Swan arms in the trade store, haha... I'm so done with this nonsense.
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Bug:
    Strap Neck shows up on Females as Frigid, not Strap. It's fine on Males, however.
  • juxtaposer#2892 juxtaposer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Yay!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    So sad that the Redbanner Ruin Vendor still does not have Right Eye of the Sapphire Dragon mods for sale. The only place players can get them is by running the Hi Pan alert. How about giving a break to those players who want to make eletricity builds by adding this mod to this vendor and the gcr/scr vendor this holiday season?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 229 Arc User
    Looks like a lot of good things to keep me busy, and a spread of power changes and fixes to play with. Finkle is going to be REALLY popular this year. It's a fun little instance, so I'm all for it.

There is one small hiccup:

Reprint Event
    Circus Malvanum Vendor
    The Vendor does not have its Auras category enabled.

Small request, if it's possible this late. Would it be possible to add the (absolutely amazing) new Frigid Sword as a Leg Accessory part alongside other rapier and short sword costumes? Side Sword, Amazon, etc.. I am already in love with it and look forward to using it. Thanks so much to the designers for that addition.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Love the Crystal auras and I’d definitely have a use for them, but not if they throw off the costume! :weary:

Again, if possible, I’d like to request a version of the Crystal aura that affects only the SKIN tissue and HAIR, + maybe also eyes/eyebrows of the character - (no effect on tights & any other costume pieces)! 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you.

(PS: The Rainbow Crystal aura still looks bugged on PTS. Picture on the PTS thread.)
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Dam. Haven't even updated most of my trees to 2022 meta yet. I'll get around to it eventually.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    The Circus Forum Malvanum Vendor is missing the auras tab. It has been missing it since the overflow week when High Noon started.

It makes me wonder if it is missing any other tabs or items.
    edited December 2022
    (omit)
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    edited December 2022
    Hopefully bloodmon auras would be available some time later so I could combine the spectral with the crystal, ay.?

• videofox4000videofox4000 Posts: 7 Arc User
    I already had the Ice Skates unlocked on all my accounts, but just now noticed that they only show as an option for female characters in all of them. Anyone know if this has been reported before?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Known issue: The Ice Shard mission is missing the rewards. This will be resolved next week.
    Next week is a bit too long! What will happen to characters who complete the daily within 5 days and accidentally accepted the completion of ice spike daily from the npc?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Is The Ice Shard mission a mission from last year? I can't seem to take this mission on my main character.
    Crystal Aura (Body) doesn gloss over the hair and that is a very big problems!

Not for me. I Like that the aura does not affect the hair. Maybe add one that does to make everyone happy?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited December 2022
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Not for me. I Like that the aura does not affect the hair. Maybe add one that does to make everyone happy?

Really? Can I see your creation with it because this does work for me?
    ouYeBcH.png
    (Tequilla Diamond)
    WTH is this bro?

Edit:
    It also glossed over the gloves when it not supposed to.

L2OhtVl.png
    I'll also ague that not a single Emma Frost has not diamonized hair with her transformation.

Not because it's a fantasy world it should lack common sense.

Colossus hair turn metal with his transformation but not his clothes. That makes sense.

Johnny Storm hair turns fire with him but his clothes does not burn off. Not sensible. Some nonsense about unburnable fabric that is never explained.

Invisible Girl hair turns invisible too and so does her suit. That's understandable if she can turn objects invisible as well.

Adamantium and vibranium, nonsense indestructible metals that only conveniently molds when it has to make something.

If Emma Frost was turned to diamond and not her hair well that's just dumb on so many levels I shouldn't have to explain. Maybe her hair would get blown off after a fight.

I'm not going to ridiculously refarm something that doesn't work sensibly
    edited December 2022
    Scientifically (hair) is part of the (body). So please adjust Crystal Aura (Body) accordingly. I once said, "I am never wrong." And has never been since this day.

Edit:
    This is the same thing spordelia was talking about. Hair is a body part regardless.
    edited December 2022
    ^^^ In Colossus’ case, his entire body converts into a metal-like substance. His hair, even his eyeballs, all his cells and bodily functions are turned into organic metal. Of course, depending on the artist, you’ll see different interpretations of a character’s look. Regardless: you do you with your CO toon ("create the hero you want", right? :)).

But the fact remains that there's a want for a full-body version of this aura, affecting only the skin tissue + hair, eyes, eyebrows…. etc (as though the character were naked) – and not their costume, at all.
    Alternatively, they could release Crystal as a SPECIAL MATERIAL (either purchasable from the Q-Store or as part of this event); like it’s been done with Ghost, Ice and Shadow materials.

Those include:
    - Hairs
    - Head
    - Eyes and Eyebrows
    - Chest
    - Hands
    - Legs
    - Feet
    - Tails

That’d about solve the problem and everyone’s happy! ¯\_:grin:_/¯
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    I'm curious, if anyone knows. Weeks 3 and 4 both have "Complete Making Naughty Nice 5 times" missions. Does the Week 3 one go away when Week 4 starts, or will you be able to complete both of them at the same time? The latter would be helpful since Week 3 is the week of Christmas itself!
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    BUG: SNAKE BUCKS ARE NOT DROPPING PROPERLY

A currency drops, but when you go over it, you get no currency, and the item vanishes. I suspect those are Snake Bucks, but you either cannot get them, or they are dropping a previous year's version of the currency, so they are not showing in your wallet.

Either way, that and the missing aura category on the Circus Malvanum vendor should mandate a 1 week extension of this micro event.

Also, please leave the vendors up until the New Year, even if the missions and currency drop go away.
    edited December 2022
    Johnny Storm hair turns fire with him but his clothes does not burn off. Not sensible. Some nonsense about unburnable fabric that is never explained.

Invisible Girl hair turns invisible too and so does her suit. That's understandable if she can turn objects invisible as well.
    Reed Richards developed fabric for the FF that would respond to their powers (stretching, allowing flame to pass thru without burning, turn invisible) called something like unstable molecular fabric... he later started distributing the fabric/suits to other heroes.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    Swan arms in the trade store, haha... I'm so done with this nonsense.

About how I felt when they put the Ghost Hunter Jumpsuit in the cosmic category.
    spordelia wrote: »
    Alternatively, they could release Crystal as a SPECIAL MATERIAL (either purchasable from the Q-Store or as part of this event); like it’s been done with Ghost, Ice and Shadow materials.

Those include:
    - Hairs
    - Head
    - Eyes and Eyebrows
    - Chest
    - Hands
    - Legs
    - Feet
    - Tails

That’d about solve the problem and everyone’s happy! ¯\_:grin:_/¯

Q-Store is a nice add but not going to fix my problem. I need it as an aura so it just works in combat.
    h4z7PCn.png
    I'd just settle for a 'Crystal Aura (Hair)'

The holidays is coming and I don't see this for a certain period my guess would be it's not being done.
    Yeah. Let’s all just focus on what we think we need individually for lame and fleeting character ideas that we’ll probably forget all about tomorrow, because thinking of solutions as a community and looking at the bigger picture, I mean, who needs that aggravation, right?

Hey, I decide that’s what I want this Christmas. The gifts of short-sightedness and egocentrism. Lemme try the /trade channel. brb
  • xanna31xanna31 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Hello. First off thank you for this event. Secondly, any chance to extend the Reprint event, at least for another week? I'm not into farming for chances to get event currency, especially when it's like 2 Foxbat creds, etc per mob, with a low percentage of even getting any.
    I'm already pushing all my alts to participate so I can get all the rewards, but with most of the event prizes being "Bind on pick up", it takes away from working toward Aura's or other prizes that are 400, even with the free 20 currency for the day. One more week would make it manageable if you can find it in your hearts to bless us. :)
    edited December 2022
    spordelia wrote: »
    Yeah. Let’s all just focus on what we think we need individually for lame and fleeting character ideas that we’ll probably forget all about tomorrow, because thinking of solutions as a community and looking at the bigger picture, I mean, who needs that aggravation, right?

Hey, I decide that’s what I want this Christmas. The gifts of short-sightedness and egocentrism. Lemme try the /trade channel. brb

I hope you wasn't referring to Taquilla Diamond as 'lame and fleeting' because she is one of the most invincible characters in my verse right now. She might look like simple but right now I have a lot of stories being wrote about her. She a sliver clothing celebrity you may mistake for a basic girl but has the mentality of an angry Colombian narcotic lord which is the enemies of her crooked background. One she cannot be possessed by my main a ghost Rave which is his thing to possess ladies. She unlike many of my other characters has the ability to go on missions without his spirit following her. She once saved Roman Rave when he was brainwashed and reduced to a mommy loving little boy just because of her powers she cannot be mind control. And her background helps Rave combat the world of cartels. So this girl is far from falling flat.

I'm sorry if saying 'I' sounds selfish but I'm not going to push a whole bunch of things I'm not gonna use. 'My problem' is I want to take new screenshots of her to use in my stories ugently and cannot go around on a broad brush. I have to explain to the dev on the point or they often butcher the end result.

Regardless I'm still not wrong. I need this hair aura done or it really puts a bummer on me. Crystal as material is good for a later date. But right now it is being released as auras. And in no way it being released as hair is going to benefit me alone.

Another problem as material it might created is that I'd have to use two costume slots instead of one. And I'd have to change back and forth in costumes while fighting. I just think the in-combat aura version is better. Mind you I did not shun this idea.

Still can't update her page till I get the hair version. 🙃
    Follow up: I finally got a notification that I got a Snake Buck. but received no currency in my wallet. This strongly suggests that a previous year's version of Snake Bucks are dropping.
    YpRy4no.png
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Worse is losing what you've collected.

I'm out on the north side of Monster Island, farming tokens ... or trying to. When, all of a sudden, I get a message that "You spent 669 Snake Bucks."

What?? I'm no where near any vendor to spend them, when the game decides I DID and now they're gone.

r86q342wac2s.png​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    Come to think of it, I am pretty sure my current 'main' had a few hundred snake bucks heading into this event, but I haven't had a chance to spend any of them, and he is zeroed out on snake bucks.
    edited December 2022
    There's an On Sale! tab in the Zen Store but everything listed is at full price.

Also not seeing the Cyrogenic Keypack listed at https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11533143. Was assuming it would be listed around the time of normal server restart.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    nobody has talked in forums about how unrelenting is actually broken now instead of "fixed"? revert this change instead of fixing literally every unique instance of snare to work with it, should be easier and less of a hussle
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day