test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gadgeteer Based CC'er?

Hi! So, I've done a lot of builds and a lot of them turned out great. Then I looked at my Account Bank and realized I hadn't done the Ultimate Orbital Cannon build yet. And also realized something else.

I have never, ever tried any sort of Crowd Control build.

Which kind of shocks me, but I wanted to give it a try and aim at something that could go Cosmic tier on it and use that Orbital Cannon just to help nuke stuff to death.

Vexx hit me with one attack chain that might help out and sounds plausible (granted my noticeable take of making robot or sentai based characters probably makes this more fun) of the following:

Orbital Cannon -> Particle Wave w/ Illuminate -> Concussive Grenade w/ Stun -> Particle Smash w/ Light Everlasting & Null Sector on Sentinel Mastery.

I'm hoping someone can help out with a build. I'm currently searching for rifle skins in the game 'cause I get the feeling this is going to be one of those as a basis.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I'm a bit confused by the request. Do you want to make a dedicated CC'er for Cosmics? Cause that takes a more specific type of build and strategy:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1205723/crowd-control-builds/p1

I don't think the power combo you want really jives w/ one of those sort of builds, and it seems kind of a waste to use the Ult device on a build that's not really structured to dps that well anyways.

Or did you mean that you just wanted a build that could CC/AoE adds in Alerts and such, but still be able to deal passable single-target dmg against bosses?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    Ouch. Yeah, I think I want the Ultimate as one of my main DPS options.

I would like it to be able to do some damage on it's own, but the CCing at Cosmics is my end goal on this one. If I can get away with a dedicated one, sure. I'll take it.

I also wish that thread was more organized like the others here.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Yea, unfortunately that thread's a bit old, but it still has some stuff in it that's relevant. I don't have experience w/ CC builds at Cosmics, and they do take some practice- so I can't help you much there, but you can also PM/contact anyone helping in that thread (if they don't respond here) if you want more specific advice.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!