test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I use multi roles from Freeform?

I need help to make three roles on my freeform character. Such as Range DPS, Tank & Support. Even Crowd Control.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Did you need help using the 'Builds' tab on the in-game character sheet? With it, you can change between different costumes, gear, devices, power hotbar layouts (including which slotted passive to activate), and/or roles (as a Freeform) for your character. Basically, everything that's not the build's own powers, advs, SSs, specs, and Talents can be changed on the fly w/ it. Each setup can be saved as its own named layout, and each layout is represented by the different portrait icons above your normal Powers hotbar (w/ the default settings), which you can click on (or hotkey) to switch to. Using that feature, you can potentially make a character that can, for example, swap between different roles and slotted passives on the fly. Explaining everything about the 'Builds' tab would take a while here, so it's prob best to just tinker around w/ it in-game and see how it works, if you're unfamiliar with it.

If you just needed a build, then know that it can be difficult to make a multi-role build in CO that functions well, since you can only cram so many powers into one build. Each 'role' added will prob dilute your effectiveness further. It'd also be nice to know what powerset(s) or theme you want, in that case, to help narrow down what powers to look for.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • flowcyto wrote: »
    Did you need help using the 'Builds' tab on the in-game character sheet? With it, you can change between different costumes, gear, devices, power hotbar layouts (including which slotted passive to activate), and/or roles (as a Freeform) for your character. Basically, everything that's not the build's own powers, advs, SSs, specs, and Talents can be changed on the fly w/ it. Each setup can be saved as its own named layout, and each layout is represented by the different portrait icons above your normal Powers hotbar (w/ the default settings), which you can click on (or hotkey) to switch to. Using that feature, you can potentially make a character that can, for example, swap between different roles and slotted passives on the fly. Explaining everything about the 'Builds' tab would take a while here, so it's prob best to just tinker around w/ it in-game and see how it works, if you're unfamiliar with it.

If you just needed a build, then know that it can be difficult to make a multi-role build in CO that functions well, since you can only cram so many powers into one build. Each 'role' added will prob dilute your effectiveness further. It'd also be nice to know what powerset(s) or theme you want, in that case, to help narrow down what powers to look for.

Yes I do. Last time I saw the CO player name Adaptron. He has three freeform modes. Offense, Defense & Support. I wanna do that just like him.

I need help.
    edited November 2022
    Okay, you didn't have to quote the same thing twice, lol. Anyways, I'll need help narrowing down your theme and/or what powersets you want to use, cause I don't know which powerset to start with. Also, what type of content do you plan on doing with this character?
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)

Well, I use my Force powerset with my Force Bot character.
    edited December 2022
    Eh, I'd hope it *not* be Force, cause Force as a set is not fully updated in the HC Planner atm. At least the new Force set has some decent burst dmg and shielding potential.
    (also, please stop quoting the same reply- you can just reply to the thread w/o quoting me :p )

Here's a Force build that tries to multi-role, using 2 different slotted passives that you can switch between (since the planner hasn't been updated yet, trust the exported text here instead of the link):

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Force Bolts
    Level 1: Force Blast (Shield Generator, Demolishing Blast)
    Level 6: Vital Shielding
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Crushing Wave (Entropy Field, Rank 2 *or* Barrier, Challenge!)
    Level 14: Power Barrier
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 20: Force Cascade (Focus Point, Field Inversion)
    Level 23: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Shield Restoration (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Resurgence
    Level 32: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Redemption
    Level 38: Force Shield (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)

To reiterate: I don't think that making a 3+ role build is a good idea, cause you just won't be that good at everything w/ such limited power slots available, but this is a shot at it. Crushing Wave is the main AoE attack (you can get either the self-Barrier adv or R2 for more dmg from it). For single-targets, you can alternate between charged Force Blast and charged FC. Shield Restoration can put up shields on allies near the target, Iniquity can be your main ally heal, Conviction and Resurgence can help heal you, and you can also rez allies (and you can tank or off-tank w/ Crushing Wave's Challenge). Regardless, make sure to get the listed special advs like Shield Generator, Field Inversion, and Entropy Field to help proc your toggle/form and EU. Gears mostly for End, w/ some Con and Pres (and some cost discount on gear).

For ranged dps, you'll want to be in the Hybrid role w/ AoPM. For support, you'll also want to use AoPM, but in the Support role. For defensive play, you can use Invuln as the passive instead, and the Tank or Hybrid role. It could also help to have different gear sets for the different roles (Con and defensive stats for tanking, End and crit/severity for dps, End and Pres & bonus healing for support), but going for that extra step is up to you.
  • I need help and I don't know how to submit bugs/forum posts other than replies, so sorry for not being on topic but I can't play the game and apparently they only accept in-game bug reports, but the thing is I can't play as any of my characters since the maintenance and I don't know what to do, someone help...
    I need help and I don't know how to submit bugs/forum posts other than replies, so sorry for not being on topic but I can't play the game and apparently they only accept in-game bug reports, but the thing is I can't play as any of my characters since the maintenance and I don't know what to do, someone help...
    I prob cannot help you much w/ this issue, though providing a few more details for others may help. Hope you can find a fix, either way.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Very few people from Cryptic staff look at the Forums. Your best bet is to try to grab the attention of one of the Devs on the Discord channel (which is apparently way cooler than a clunky old forum).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • > @flowcyto said:
    > Eh, I'd hope it *not* be Force, cause Force as a set is not fully updated in the HC Planner atm. At least the new Force set has some decent burst dmg and shielding potential.
    > (also, please stop quoting the same reply- you can just reply to the thread w/o quoting me :p )
    >
    > Here's a Force build that tries to multi-role, using 2 different slotted passives that you can switch between (since the planner hasn't been updated yet, trust the exported text here instead of the link):
    >
    > (Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    > v3.45:38
    >
    > Super Stats
    > Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    > Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    > Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)
    >
    > Talents
    > Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    > Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    > Level 9: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    > Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    > Level 15: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    > Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    > Level 21: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    >
    > Powers
    > Level 1: Force Bolts
    > Level 1: Force Blast (Shield Generator, Demolishing Blast)
    > Level 6: Vital Shielding
    > Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    > Level 11: Crushing Wave (Entropy Field, Rank 2 *or* Barrier, Challenge!)
    > Level 14: Power Barrier
    > Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    > Level 20: Force Cascade (Focus Point, Field Inversion)
    > Level 23: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    > Level 26: Shield Restoration (Rank 2)
    > Level 29: Resurgence
    > Level 32: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    > Level 35: Redemption
    > Level 38: Force Shield (Rank 2)
    > Adv. Points: 35/36
    >
    > Travel Powers
    > Level 6:
    > Level 35:
    >
    > Specializations
    > Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    > Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    > Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    > Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    > Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    > Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    > Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    > Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    > Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    > Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    > Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    > Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    > Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)
    >
    > To reiterate: I don't think that making a 3+ role build is a good idea, cause you just won't be that good at everything w/ such limited power slots available, but this is a shot at it. Crushing Wave is the main AoE attack (you can get either the self-Barrier adv or R2 for more dmg from it). For single-targets, you can alternate between charged Force Blast and charged FC. Shield Restoration can put up shields on allies near the target, Iniquity can be your main ally heal, Conviction and Resurgence can help heal you, and you can also rez allies (and you can tank or off-tank w/ Crushing Wave's Challenge). Regardless, make sure to get the listed special advs like Shield Generator, Field Inversion, and Entropy Field to help proc your toggle/form and EU. Gears mostly for End, w/ some Con and Pres (and some cost discount on gear).
    >
    > For ranged dps, you'll want to be in the Hybrid role w/ AoPM. For support, you'll also want to use AoPM, but in the Support role. For defensive play, you can use Invuln as the passive instead, and the Tank or Hybrid role. It could also help to have different gear sets for the different roles (Con and defensive stats for tanking, End and crit/severity for dps, End and Pres & bonus healing for support), but going for that extra step is up to you.

Is that true?
    Is that true?
    I don't know what you mean by that question.