test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About your Email Newsletters

areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
When advertising a sale, you should really send those out a Week before they take effect in the Zen shop.

Comments

• ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    areee wrote: »
    When advertising a sale, you should really send those out a Week before they take effect in the Zen shop.

Why? So no one will buy anything that week? Advertising a sale ahead of time is basically telling people to not spend money.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    They probably don't do that because they hope people will spend money before the sale. If people know that there is a sale right around the corner they might not spend any money at all before that. Might hurt the CO bottem line a little bit.

What I do find strange is that the Forum notes never mention sales. You have to go to the Forum News section, or pay attention to the loading screen, or go into the Z-store to get that information. Maybe they just hope people won't notice there's a sale and will pay full price at some other time? I always expect a sale around this time, so keep my eyes open. If only there were more for me to buy these days other than keys and catalysts.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
    There are times that a sale will get me to spend zen when normal prices won't, but if I don't have time to get the money ready....
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The sale runs a week. How long does it take to get money ready? If you pay with a credit card it's instant and you don't pay until later. Personally, I just budget money aside so that I can tap it when I need it for the now all-to-rare CO sales we seem to have. If money is an issue, you might start planning now to have some on hand for the post-Christmas sale they usually have.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The sale runs a week. How long does it take to get money ready? If you pay with a credit card it's instant and you don't pay until later. Personally, I just budget money aside so that I can tap it when I need it for the now all-to-rare CO sales we seem to have. If money is an issue, you might start planning now to have some on hand for the post-Christmas sale they usually have.

Prepare to have your mind blown.

I have never in my 40+ years of life, used or owned a credit card.