test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Golden Sun (Aggro is glitched)

rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
So the first time Golden Sun came out, I was pretty stoked to see some well-animated attacks that Golden Sun had, and I was pretty happy having him as a companion, especially since he can do extra damage. However, there is a very big underlying issue with Golden Sun.

His aggro generation is not centered around him, it's centered around -you-, the player.

I have tested this in multiple different lairs, and because he is a Melee Tank role character, he is supposed to generate more aggro. However, this extra aggro takes into account of -you- the character, whether it's through putting the buff 'illumination' on enemies, or because of the amount of damage he can do.

The Illumination debuff is the worst offender of this because, if you are running content where it involves respawning enemies or hordes of enemies, this illumination debuff gives the Mend buff to allies that attack enemies with illumination, thus healing them, which generates aggro on the original player that placed illumination on the target.

However, Golden Sun does not get aggro, -you- do, and I have rarely ever seen Golden Sun gain aggro, even if I am on a character that does very poor damage, Golden Sun can't seem to get aggro at all, which is very telling that there is either a problem with the coding in terms of Golden Sun's aggro generation, or his aggro generation is supposed to be accumulative ontop of a tank, which, if that is what it's supposed to be, could make for some big brain tanking in lairs.

Comments

• rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    I need to add more onto this since there is speculation going on. If you take Duratok (The Loyal Sidekick), as well as Bouldero (Another Loyal Sidekick), both are supposed to be tanky, in fact, they both generate enough aggro to draw the attention of enemies, like you would expect a tanky loyal sidekick to do.

I have yet to see an instance where Golden Sun has aggro for a total of 3 seconds in a fight, even on a build that is structurally bad