test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/17/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2022 in Release Notes
Circus Malvanum
  • For the next week this event will be running.
  • New Mission: Complete the Two Lane Rooftop mission 5 times, rewards the Noble Chariot vehicle.
  • New Mission: Complete the Fortum Malvanun mission 5 times, rewards the Glory Axe costume.
  • Added Combat Knife and Tubes costumes to the event store.
  • Added Electrical Field aura to the event store.
  • When this event ends next Thursday, the event vendor will be located for one week in the Recognition building.

High Noon at Snake Gulch
  • This event will start next Thursday, 11/24 at 8am ST.
  • New Mission: Complete the High Noon at Snake Gulch mission 5 times, rewards the Endo Chest costume.
  • Added Rake and Endo Hips costumes to the event vendor.
  • Added Lightning Streaks auras to the event vendor.

Lockbox
The Gladiator Lockbox is now available!

New to this lockbox:
  • Gladiator Costume Box
  • Ultimate Brimstone Power Variant Device
  • Karen Morphpmtraxs Loyal Sidekick
  • Surging Aura Box
  • Angry Emote
  • Don't Hurt Me Emote

Gladiator Costume Box
  • Gladiator Tights
  • Gladiator Helmet 1
  • Gladiator Helmet 2
  • Gladiator Side Guard
  • Gladiator Side Wings
  • Gladiator Plume
  • Gladiator Hair
  • Gladiator Beard
  • Gladiator Shoulders
  • Gladiator Armor
  • Gladiator Bracers 1
  • Gladiator Bracers 2
  • Gladiator Bracers 3
  • Gladiator Belt
  • Gladiator Belt Chain
  • Gladiator Hip Armor 1
  • Gladiator Hip Armor 2
  • Gladiator Leg Armor
  • Gladiator Greaves 1
  • Gladiator Greaves 2
  • Gladiator Boots 1
  • Gladiator Boots 2
  • Gladiator Hammer

Surging Aura Box
  • Lightning Surge Head Aura
  • Lightning Surge Head Aura (Black)
  • Lightning Surge Head Aura (White)
  • Lightning Surge Head Aura (Rainbow)
  • Lightning Surge Arms Aura
  • Lightning Surge Arms Aura (Black)
  • Lightning Surge Arms Aura (White)
  • Lightning Surge Arms Aura (Rainbow)
  • Lightning Surge Chest Aura
  • Lightning Surge Chest Aura (Black)
  • Lightning Surge Chest Aura (White)
  • Lightning Surge Chest Aura (Rainbow)
  • Lightning Surge Legs Aura
  • Lightning Surge Legs Aura (Black)
  • Lightning Surge Legs Aura (White)
  • Lightning Surge Legs Aura (Rainbow)
  • Storm Eyes Aura
  • Storm Eyes Aura (Black)
  • Storm Eyes Aura (White)
  • Storm Eyes Aura (Rainbow)

Trade Paperback
  • For the next 2 weeks this event will be running.

ZEN Store
Warrior Keypack:
  • Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Gorgeous Hair Costume
  • 25x Rippers Rage Mods
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Starting Wednesday, 11/23 after the server restart:
Tenacious Keypack
This pack will run for 1 week.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Inborn Tenacity Device

Tailor
  • Fixed a bug where many Partial costumes for the female avatar required arms to be used.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the Deafening advantage on Unleashed Rage was not increasing damage with ranks.
  • Meteor Blaze's Pyre Patch will no longer be overwritten by other Pyre Patches you cast. Any new ones created will not appear until Meteor's has ended.

Ultimate Brimstone
  • Ultimate Power Variant
  • Available in the Gladiator Lockbox.
  • Scales with ranks and advantage points put into the power.
  • Deals Fire and Crushing damage in a 25ft radius.
  • Applies Negative Ions to affected targets.
  • Applies Aegis to yourself and allies. Effectiveness of the buff increases if the target is affected by Reckless.
  • Creates a Pyre Patch. Standing in the patch can apply Disorient and Stun.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 55 Arc User
    ...so your answer to people being worried about event fatigue within 3 months, is to do two events back to back? Where you could have just made a couple new things for some lesser event like Defender's National Training Program that doesn't center around doing out-of-ordinary stuff?
    There's been some questionable decisions in the past, but this one took me by surprise.

Might I also mention that an entire zero percent of this stuff was put on PTS? It's perplexing how you'd want to put in so many things at once and not give a moment of thought that maybe the people best known for spotting bugs should be able to get their hands on it to make sure these things aren't broken.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    I would like to point out that NONE of this is currently on PTS as I'm writing this post!
    Another case of straight of LIVE server!

I wanted to kill time and test Ultimate Brimstone while waiting for the server to get back, but there is literally NOTHING on PTS!

EDIT: NOW IT'S PATCHED ON PTS
    Circus Malvanum
    For the next week this event will be running.

High Noon at Snake Gulch
    This event will start next Thursday, 11/24 at 8am ST.
    This is genuinely horrible decision!
    What are you doing? Did the Higher ups decided this? How much OUT OF TOUCH are those shareholders are??

The majority of playerbase is sick and burned out of event farming to get the FOMO costumes
    and you put TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS BACK TO BACK before the Christmas Event?

There is no room to breath here!
    Meteor Blaze's Pyre Patch will no longer be overwritten by other Pyre Patches you cast. Any new ones created will not appear until Meteor's has ended.
    THAT'S WHAT WE BEEN ASKING FOR!

Meteor Blaze redemption arc
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    At least it's not Nighthawk ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    I guess rinzler's bug report worked.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    So we got:
    Forum Malvanum this week
    High Noon next week
    Followed by Misfit Toys thereafter for another 4 weeks
    ON TOP OF Paperback happening these 2 weeks
    and the Reprint happening at the end of MT
    All with 2 different key packs and a new Lockbox set

Jesus Christ
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    man you all complain that there is nothing and then whine when they do put something out, Personally i am a casual player and i don't have an issue with this the only one is the snake gulch and that is because getting a good number of runs are hard at times. the other is a race and a alert type that regardless doesn't take long to do really, as to the others they can be got with zen, so thank you developers for putting out so much stuff at once
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I like the new Gladiator pieces and the Glory Axe looks really nice.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    man you all complain that there is nothing and then whine when they do put something out, Personally i am a casual player and i don't have an issue with this the only one is the snake gulch and that is because getting a good number of runs are hard at times. the other is a race and a alert type that regardless doesn't take long to do really, as to the others they can be got with zen, so thank you developers for putting out so much stuff at once

Now you're catching on. Most of the folks left on the forums will complain about anything. That's why the devs pay them no mind.
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    I notice that the Blockbuster lockbox has gotten the account-wide emote/transformation update with this patch. I'm not seeing the progress bar on the Swagger (5x Flex Low emotes), Going Out Of Style (5x Stylish Dance emotes), or Storm Summoner (5x Electrical Storm transformations) perks fill up as I unlock the emotes/transformations. And Absolute Power, the perk for Power Strikes transformation, has a progress bar that shows 5 emotes being needed, despite the description (and precedent from previous gold unlocks) stating 3.

Also, there aren't any account perks for the Dimensional, Ooze, or Ice Cage transformations, although the emotes in the Corrosive and Aquatic lockboxes they came from were updated in prior releases.
    Post edited by hallsofwalls on
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    And Absolute Power, the perk for Power Strikes transformation, has a progress bar that shows 5 emotes being needed, despite the description (and precedent from previous gold unlocks) stating 3.

It used to be 3. Looks like the required number got updated by accident and the description shows the original. What happened?

• man you all complain that there is nothing and then whine when they do put something out, Personally i am a casual player and i don't have an issue with this the only one is the snake gulch and that is because getting a good number of runs are hard at times. the other is a race and a alert type that regardless doesn't take long to do really, as to the others they can be got with zen, so thank you developers for putting out so much stuff at once

I was about to say something similar. If they want some time to breath, then just avoid the events. We still do cosmics and Eidolon, so i dont see the problem. Also you can hang out outside the game.

Now you're catching on. Most of the folks left on the forums will complain about anything. That's why the devs pay them no mind.

Wait, the devs listen to anyone, ever?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Wait, the devs listen to anyone, ever?

I'd say yes. Lots of examples. In this patch, they just fixed a very recently reported issue with Unleashed Rage. I'm sure the change to Meteor Blaze's pyre patch was also based on feedback.
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User

Or maybe some of us are genuinely tired of having to put in two to four hours a day just to keep up with things that'll disappear into the "oops, not on the TPB" void forever if we don't play five days a week like it's a second job to get them? The fact that half that time is because of people queuing non-Heirloom'd level 20 Behemoths, Impulses and Automatons into instanced content and taking those same to open-world events, both of which being places where performance actually matters, notwithstanding.

I know I'd rather have CO be entirely untouched until we can get an update that's not just a rerun of the same events most of us have easily sunken five hundred hours into a-piece over our time on this game already with one or two new costumes thrown in under the threat of "this definitely won't make it to the TPB the next time the stores get crunched," or nothing but a new lockbox drop with a stealth buff to the rate of server-wide SNRs, but those sorts of updates are... rare, and often sport, for a lack of kinder words, misinformed balancing decisions.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
    edited November 2022
    Don't they want people to buy Zen ino order to buy Q in order to get suff off the TPB? Arguing against that is arguing aginst part of the way they have decided to monetize the game for now. Can't say that I see that as being a persuasive argument to the devs to change the statu quo.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I guess it's time to stack up Drifter coins.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    ok not sure how many hours you are talking about i am running 5 or so characters and doesn't take near that long. and after 5 runs should have more than enough currency to get what i want. All the other is just money and can be bought.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Like the new stuff. Need more bikini armor. 🗡️ 👙 🛡️
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Perhaps the bean counters have deduced that more real money is spent to buy Zen during Events or when just plain "new" costumes/emotes/etc are introduced.

Of course, I don't know the reasons for what they do.

I do think it's not in anyone's interest to complain about back-to-back-to-back Events. If you don't want to do some content, then don't do it. If you feel you're going to miss out on something, then either do it or don't. We don't always get what we want or when we want it.

I've learned to let things go when I didn't get the new shiny from the limited-time only content. I have enough real life pressures and prefer to not let my gaming time be one of them. I don't care about "keeping up with the Joneses". I can still be a bit jealous of players who have the rare item and I don't, though.

So, it's always nice when "new shiny" can be acquired from casual, but consistent gameplay. Sure beats plain old random-drop as the only method.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User

Looks like the upgrade store for the new 5x wrapper vehicle is mistakenly requiring you to trade a Legionary in along with it rather than a Tune-up kit, as if you're engine-swapping it like a Honda.

un7gtb11aurn.png
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    Why aren't the brawling and fighting emotes purchases in the event store?
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 228 Arc User
    I'm glad it's Malvanum and High Noon instead of 2 weeks of Nighthawk. And the new costumes look great.

Though I see the Drill Hands from High Noon 2020 are still MIA. Any chance we'll see them on the High Noon or TPB vendor?
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    In really hope some day they reduce the amount of Earth organizations from alien arena. And bless us with. More alien factions. This human gang thing in space is lame. Also turn FM to a accessable map area outside the alert where we can enter inside the building.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    I would like if the added a ???/unexpected/surprise match in forum Malvanum were you fight random enemy factions like the Burnside Ghosts, Qliphotic Imps, empiryan Constructs... or even unknown Factions/enemies that only apear on that specific instance.
    Back in the day i thought the FM map could be retooled into a Hideout or something.
    edited November 2022
    Looks like the upgrade store for the new 5x wrapper vehicle is mistakenly requiring you to trade a Legionary in along with it rather than a Tune-up kit, as if you're engine-swapping it like a Honda.

Here's hoping that a fix for this is in the works.
    JwLmWoa.png