test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sonic Damage Conversion for Unleashed Rage

rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
edited May 2023 in Gameplay Bugs
So there is a problem when it comes to Unleashed Rage, specifically the advantage that converts it's damage from crushing to sonic damage. I had just run a couple of tests with @Ravenforce to see where the damage is at nowadays, and there hasn't been any change in terms of damage. Ravenforce and I concluded that the conversion is definitely not 1:1, and there is a significant difference in damage.

Here are the tests as followed:

Character Used: Dolly Harley, Enrage STR-built character who's PSS is Dex, utilizing the omni-damage debuff based on crits.

Fully Stacked with Enraged and Debuffing:

Crushing Damage: 24k

Sonic Damage: 15k

Fully Stacked with Enraged without Debuffing

Crushing Damage: 19k

Sonic Damage: 10k

No stacking, Not critical

Crushing Damage: 1.9k

Sonic Damage: 960

So here are the facts, it's tooltip is clearly missing details, or there is something going on that is diminishing it's damage. There needs to be an update of this advantage, but I am confident we are not going to get one until maybe once the event season passes.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    I just wanted to add another weird issue with this power w the sonic dmg adv. Electrical form doesn't seem to increase its damage despite sonic damage being a type of energy damage. Tested by using hybrid mode and seeing the same tooltip damage with aoac as electrical form, though unstoppable's all damage boost works.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    I guess it's because your debuffs might be set for crushing damaged. I'll also note that Unleashed Rage is a melee power. I wish they gave 'Deafening Voice' an option to covert to range damage soon.

My hypothesis is that if it was melee-crushing to range-sonic instead of melee-sonic the damage will increases on range users. Otherwise this advantage is just an overlooked self nerf.

Like I cried before all sonic attacks are ranged while Unleashed Rage is melee so Deafening Voice is pointless.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    The difference in op's test numbers is not explainable by debuffs if they were there. I'm pretty sure he would have applied no debuffs for such a test anyway.
  • rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 103 Arc User
    I guess it's because your debuffs might be set for crushing damaged. I'll also note that Unleashed Rage is a melee power. I wish they gave 'Deafening Voice' an option to covert to range damage soon.

My hypothesis is that if it was melee-crushing to range-sonic instead of melee-sonic the damage will increases on range users. Otherwise this advantage is just an overlooked self nerf.

Like I cried before all sonic attacks are ranged while Unleashed Rage is melee so Deafening Voice is pointless.

So here's the thing, Ravenforce helped by applying a sonic-damage debuff on the enemies, and I still got poor numbers when testing this out.

The only thing I can figure is that there has been an unintentional damage-number fallacy that has been overlooked and thus why it's performing very poorly.
This discussion has been closed.