test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ultimate Orbital Cannon Build?

I noticed I had one of those variant ultimate orbital cannon devices in my account bank.

That being said, I'm not sure what to build to make the best use of this insanity. I'm tempted by just doing a straight gadgeteer DPS bit so far. Alternatives welcome.

Comments

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    A gadgeteering DPS build would probably be the best fit when using Orbital Cannon. I'm sure Flow will pop in with a fantastic set up for that, if you don't have one already. But to then turn that into an "Ultimate Orbital Cannon" build, not only should you have the power and the power variant device, you should also get the two other Orbital Cannon devices. I don't remember their names (I know one is called Hacked Orbital Cannon Codes) but one is normal device version of the power, and the other is a passive device that has a chance to call down an Orbital Cannon laser when you get hit. This would essentially give you 4 Orbital Cannons and thus fit the "Ultimate Orbital Cannon" name. One of them is sold in the Trade Paper Back store. I think the other is a Drifter Store item, but I know I've seen it several times in the AH.
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »
    A gadgeteering DPS build would probably be the best fit when using Orbital Cannon. I'm sure Flow will pop in with a fantastic set up for that, if you don't have one already. But to then turn that into an "Ultimate Orbital Cannon" build, not only should you have the power and the power variant device, you should also get the two other Orbital Cannon devices. I don't remember their names (I know one is called Hacked Orbital Cannon Codes) but one is normal device version of the power, and the other is a passive device that has a chance to call down an Orbital Cannon laser when you get hit. This would essentially give you 4 Orbital Cannons and thus fit the "Ultimate Orbital Cannon" name. One of them is sold in the Trade Paper Back store. I think the other is a Drifter Store item, but I know I've seen it several times in the AH.

This sounds insane, so I researched it.

We have the one I have (Ultimate variant) at the moment.

Aesica's HeroCreator helpfully has them listed. I just had to look it up. So here's the others that I see on there.

Prototype Emergency Orbital Howitzer (Collector's Store)
    Hacked Orbital Cannon Codes (Blood Moon store.)
    Ultimate Orbital Cannon (Mecha Lockbox)

The thing about it is that Ultimate locks out the power it's based off of and vice-versa. So really it's just three.

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »

This sounds insane, so I researched it.

We have the one I have (Ultimate variant) at the moment.

Aesica's HeroCreator helpfully has them listed. I just had to look it up. So here's the others that I see on there.

The thing about it is that Ultimate locks out the power it's based off of and vice-versa. So really it's just three.

Oh, I didn't know it locked it out. I thought it worked like other power variants, where you can use it along side the original power.
    edited November 2022
    You can, but it sets both on cooldown.

EDIT: Also realized descriptions need to be checked to see if these all can be used together.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Prototype Emergency Orbital Howiter is a passive device. It cannot be activated by the player. It depends on taking damage and your energy level.

It doesn't do anything "orbital" either as it fires off bolts from you when it procs. But, the name is nice and the effects are sweet. Especially when you have many mobs on you.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    I don't know about the other devices, but for the Ultimate power replacer it does seem like it shares a cd w/ normal Orbital Canon. When the Ult is used, it goes on its longer cd while Orbital Cannon is put on its normal, shorter cd. When you use normal Orbital Cannon instead, it only puts the Ult on Orbital Cannon's shorter cd (at max). So, you can still cycle through both powers, if you really wanted to.

Anyways, here's a Gadgeteering (and Elec) backbone for the device- going w/ Elec Form for the Energy dmg boost and to help w/ the Ult's energy cost:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Particle Rifle
    Level 1: Pulse Beam Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Electric Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Unified Theory
    Level 14: Storm Summoner (Magnetic, Particle Storm)
    Level 17: Chest Beam (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Orbital Cannon (Rank 2, Anvil of Dawn)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 26/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

The open power slots can be w/e.

Storm Summoner can group up nearby enemies, to help keep them together for Orbital Cannon strikes, and can also serve as your main filler AoE. Chest Beam can be tapped for Burn Through, which can boost the dmg from PBR and the Orbital Cannons. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some End and Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    flowcyto does it again. Now I'm curious if we should stick like Particle Smash or Plasma Cutter on there. Use up all the sweet Plasma Burns before applying more again and again.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User

I don't think she is planning to add these in :(

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206668/herocreator-a-descendant-of-the-powerhouse/p10
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    flowcyto does it again. Now I'm curious if we should stick like Particle Smash or Plasma Cutter on there. Use up all the sweet Plasma Burns before applying more again and again.
    Yea, you could do that just fine (and get access to Disintegrate w/ PSmash), though you do get a decent burst of dmg already w/ not only the Orbital Cannons, but also when completing the Storm Summoner channel against clumped mobs. Keep in mind that both of those LS powers are melee-flagged too, so they won't be boosted quite as well as the other attacks here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!