test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release notes 10/13/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
For the next 3 weeks, the Bloodmoon event will be running.
  • Join the hunt with Claude Baine and Aric Rhoston Rhodes to earn Onslaught currency and get a sidekick!
  • Added Toy Cat costume as a possible drop from Halloween Treat bags.
  • Added Spooky Cat, Moth Feet and Cleaver costumes to the event store.
  • Added Ash aura to the event store. Added other versions of the Spooky Faces aura, Floating Skull aura and Ghost Flame aura to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete Trickery! 5 times, rewards the Halloween Candy costume.
  • Devices from Halloween Treat Bags now have their own reward box.

ZEN Store
The Demon Wing Keypack will be available for 1 week.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 1x Demong Wings Costume
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
​​

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,433 Arc User
    Just thinking that it would be nice if some weapons, especially smallish ones like the cleaver, could be added also as belt accessories?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Those wings are very like Midnight Mass adjacent :scream:
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Already loving this

NWO2ySZ.jpg

Very anime it is
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Why is there NO MENTION in the FORUMS/PATCH NOTES of (what i was told was called) a "OVER FARMING" cool down timer of 1 hour+ on collecting loot bags?? multiple times now ive gotten 25-28 lootbags then NOTHING for 1 hour+, even if i used MANY alts to grind this event , its starting to feel like a punishment to grind this event already on DAY 1... just curious about this because there was no mention of it, yet
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Don't forget to take the Hero Games Daily and Queue Zombie Apocalypse guys.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I feel like the trick or treat event should be updated, it's not too bad this week as there's not much else to do, but in later weeks this is going to be a huge drain on people's time. I'd recommend either reducing the amount of monsters needed to be defeated or maybe just have it checking 10 trick or treaters.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Thanks for floating skull with the bone. The normal one had a weird tint.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    Bug Report:
    Fire: Hearth Passive counts as Offensive Passive.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just thinking that it would be nice if some weapons, especially smallish ones like the cleaver, could be added also as belt accessories?

A butchers knife belt, with hooks, clevers, and knives on it.

In general, it would be nice if as many of the Leg Accessory weapons as possible could also be made Belt Accessories. Sometimes you have a nice look with a certain Leg Accessory piece of armor, but then you have to choose between using that or an equally nice looking weapon. It would be so win-win to have those weapons also in the belt area.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I feel like the trick or treat event should be updated, it's not too bad this week as there's not much else to do, but in later weeks this is going to be a huge drain on people's time. I'd recommend either reducing the amount of monsters needed to be defeated or maybe just have it checking 10 trick or treaters.

I disagree. It's already an easy quest. And giving everyone everything easy devalues hard work, time and effort.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    If any thing needs a reduction is that bloody Hunter Werewolf PvP. Please cut the numbers in half. Kill 5 PvP and 15 NPC.
  • Options

I disagree. It's already an easy quest. And giving everyone everything easy devalues hard work, time and effort.

35 coins for upwards of 20 minutes or more of trick or treating is not good value for the time spent, especially when the finding cats is like 5 minutes for 50 favor. The best I've ever managed is checking 12 trick or treaters but even that was close to 10 minutes or hunting. Maybe you've only done this mission when the zones are empty but not only do you have to deal with random chance of if your trick or treater is a monster or not, but you got to compete with other players. I've been running this quest on 4 toons as I got nothing better to do right now and it takes me over an hour, when the other missions open up next week this will be a horrible option for getting coins and not worth the time or effort of doing it daily.
  • Options
    If any thing needs a reduction is that bloody Hunter Werewolf PvP. Please cut the numbers in half. Kill 5 PvP and 15 NPC.
    A few years back, when nobody was doing this mission, me and another player unlocked moonstruck in like an hour or so of grinding. I'd bring one of my level 6 toons and let her kill me, and then she'd bring one of her level 6 toons so I could kill her. Easiest way of doing this quest is just getting a friend and farming.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    ...upwards of 20 minutes or more of trick or treating...

Yeah, you're definitely doing something wrong if it's taking you that long, even with "competition".

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    ...upwards of 20 minutes or more of trick or treating...

Yeah, you're definitely doing something wrong if it's taking you that long, even with "competition".
    Well most only took 7 to 8 minutes today, and I was done in just a bit over half an hour, and I wouldn't expect taking 20 minutes to be normal, but if you're low level, searching an area you're not familiar with, dealing with mobs, not having a fast travel power, no vehicle, no teleport back to RenCon, then 15, 16, 17, maybe 20 minutes isn't unfeasible.

Still a lot longer than finding cats, for a lot less reward.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    First week farming report. Mind you, I still have stuff for pass years still not unlocked yet.

Thursday I turned on my PC and immediately fell asleep. So there's that new elderly man phase while I'm in my twenties.

Friday and Saturday I could farmed on three characters. Was able to shot up to 300 in two days with ZA and farming mobs.

By Sunday Hunter PvP had stolen my soul. I just couldn't be bothered. I looked apon the baren wasteland and yelled out 'why'. I logged into 1 character to complete the complete trick or treat only instead 5.

Monday was a blur. But I remember sleeping in tailor. But my lack of unlocks tell me I didn't farm.

Today Tuesday, I'm still feeling like I will not be unlocking more stuff. Maybe if the OM part opens up next week will be more fun. But right now this PvP thing is far from being fun. The amount of breaks I have to take between just to cope with what this missions is mentally.

Thinking of farming 10 elusive with that slow device build and the 25 npcs is just as exhausting as doing it. Then you gotta swap sides and do another 10 and 25. Plus times that by the amount of characters you decide to do that on. If you get there and instantly fall into an active team is fine. But sometimes it's just a go slow if no one being there yet. We just stand around spiting in our hands.

I feel like these missions need a requirement reduction update. I don't anybody crazy about this PvP thing.
  • Options
    Sound like you need more coffee than anything else!
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Sound like you need more coffee than anything else!

Good plan. I should look into it.

I feel like the real problem is the PvP just not fun on loop. I'd rather take longer farming mobs than to it to be honest.

But while I'm here I'd say this.

if I was to make it more fun than easy I'd add another mission while reducing the requirements of the previous. I'd add like a part 2 mission which is story continuation where the human hunters get help from vampirism to help fend off the werewolfs.

Yes I mean a war!

Then there would be a turn in pole that players could vote from turning on side after the farm. The wining side reward would be given to all players at the end of the war. Regardless off losing both rewards will be available next year in the event store to farm. So people will look I to that for next year plus whatever is new.

I will forever find that CO need to build their would immersion more and get players more invested into the lore.