test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Anniversary quests and currency

vulkan#5365 vulkan Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2022 in Missions and Content
I think I heard in the game chat something about a return of the Anniversary quests later in the year. Is this usually happens? Or did I read it wrong?

My interest is: can I hope to buy an AT with the Anniversary currency? Or do I spend it all this last event week at the vendor?

(edited because typo)
| Vulkan, the fiery faun | Lionmaru, the himbo lion | Golden Kalf, the bull of heaven | Phorbas, the horned archer | Tiger Claw, the kung fu disco guy | Herakles, the... well, the Herakles | Winterwind, the god who came from the cold | Pogo, my werewolf fursona | Vulkann, Vulkan from another universe | Zardoz, the half demon mage | Urho, the telepath in leather | Moonshadow, the werewolf rocker |

Comments

• wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    The Anniversary (quests, alerts, special drops, etc.) have lasted for 4 weeks during September every year for 5+ years, we're currently on the last week of the event itself.

There will (almost certainly) be other events later this year with different currencies and stores.

Event stores for multi-week events usually stick around for a week longer than the event itself, but since the quests etc. go away you won't be able to earn more currency from gameplay. From what I recall of previous years Anniversary events, the weekly specials did make a return during that week, but don't take this as a guarantee that the ATs will return for purchase.
  • vulkan#5365 vulkan Posts: 24 Arc User
    The Anniversary (quests, alerts, special drops, etc.) have lasted for 4 weeks during September every year for 5+ years, we're currently on the last week of the event itself.

There will (almost certainly) be other events later this year with different currencies and stores.

Event stores for multi-week events usually stick around for a week longer than the event itself, but since the quests etc. go away you won't be able to earn more currency from gameplay. From what I recall of previous years Anniversary events, the weekly specials did make a return during that week, but don't take this as a guarantee that the ATs will return for purchase.

Thank you so much. I'm asking here in the forums, and in the game chat, cause in the CO's official page there is no this specific info. I decided I'm gonna spend almost all of Annyversary currency except for one char, just in case. ;)
    | Vulkan, the fiery faun | Lionmaru, the himbo lion | Golden Kalf, the bull of heaven | Phorbas, the horned archer | Tiger Claw, the kung fu disco guy | Herakles, the... well, the Herakles | Winterwind, the god who came from the cold | Pogo, my werewolf fursona | Vulkann, Vulkan from another universe | Zardoz, the half demon mage | Urho, the telepath in leather | Moonshadow, the werewolf rocker |
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    At the end of the year each character will be able to get 5 of any event currency per day from event vendors at the back of the Recogniton building. This is usually around for 2 weeks, iirc. So, if at the end of the year, if one character is 50 or so currency off from picking up something they wanted from an event earlier in the year, you can make up the difference then. This extra currency can not be transferred between characters. I usually use this period to stock up on extra mods that I want. Mods are transferable and if I log 10 characters a day I can get 10 r3 mods a day. Of course, if the devs decide not to do this again, well ...
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • vulkan#5365 vulkan Posts: 24 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    At the end of the year each character will be able to get 5 of any event currency per day from event vendors at the back of the Recogniton building. This is usually around for 2 weeks, iirc. So, if at the end of the year, if one character is 50 or so currency off from picking up something they wanted from an event earlier in the year, you can make up the difference then. This extra currency can not be transferred between characters. I usually use this period to stock up on extra mods that I want. Mods are transferable and if I log 10 characters a day I can get 10 r3 mods a day. Of course, if the devs decide not to do this again, well ...

Thats a great advice, thanks.

• warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    The End of the Year event vendors give 20 tokens per day, for each day. Each character can only get one batch of tokens at ONE vendor per day. Event usually lasts a week, but could be longer, though I wouldn't count on it,

You can do this, once per day, for every character you have.

The caveat here is, after usually another week or more, all Event tokens are zeroed out. So we all start out fresh at the beginning of the new year.

End of the year, spend em, cuz ya can't save em for next year. That's only for EVENT TOKENS.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"