test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Web Crawler Travel Power Varient Device

metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited October 2022 in Suggestions Box
This TPVD swaps out Swing Travel for Web Crawling Travel Powers when toggled on. It has the ability to climb surfaces. This has no cooldown.

How it works:
Activating it puts the character in 'Athletic' travel and stance animation
Moving forward has a chance to tumble front
6pSfC3t.gif
Initial Spacebar will jump
ct3bVCq.gif
Tap and holding Spacebar while mid jump will put the character in a wall holding pose
55a2tPO.gif
Wall crawling animation works by rapid taps of Spacebar
QaZfph2.gif
Stop tapping and the character will slide down
Leting go Spacebar character will slowly slides down
Holding Spacebar for more than 5 seconds character will slide down
dHalvEV.gif
Back and Foward Arrow keys = Deactivates crawling by tumbling Back off the wall or Forward 5ft
Left and Right Arrow key = Basics navigation on ground or wall
Getting attacked will not deactivate this device or crawling abilities. Using your powers and Arrow keys Forward and Back will deactivate crawling however leaves the device toggled on. As Back and Forward also aids in getting around obstacles
Spacebar+Forward = Tiny jump up
I'm aware that wall surfaces are not clingable so this device works with or without a wall present. I included the inevitable slide down to combat some of that.

Simply toggle off the Device to regain your Swing abilities.

Edit:
With your creepy crawly weirdness. While active 10% chance to fear or confuse weaker enemies.
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
Post edited by metalheart#4270 on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Heh. People have wanted this TP since day 1, but the game engine simply can't do it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Heh. People have wanted this TP since day 1, but the game engine simply can't do it.

When I suggest I don't mean they have to do it exactly as I say. But some what disagree to what the engine can and can't do. Recently we seen updates we thought not was possible. The only thing really new about these suggestions is the use of 'Spacebar' which in a way is already like swing powers. I believe what we don't get residents more in a lack of man power and or effort. So we often get something more simple to hold place.

Swing = Spacebar to Jump > While in air > Spacebar to swing

Wall crawl = Spacebar to Jump > While in air > Spacebar to shimmy up

I try to put in simple because they might believe it's a complex undertaking and dodge this suggestion.
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    They've said in the past they can't do anything involving wall crawling or wall sticking without a major rework of every map in the game, as none of the surfaces are designed to function in that manner.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    dialamx wrote: »
    They've said in the past they can't do anything involving wall crawling or wall sticking without a major rework of every map in the game, as none of the surfaces are designed to function in that manner.

This is what I meant. It's just never going to happen unless some billionaire with a thing for superheroes buys the game and infuses it with a ton of cash on a whim.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    dialamx wrote: »

I mention I'm aware that characters are not able to interact with walls in that why. This was a work around suggestion which to be honest I was sceptical about it myself.