test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why arent we geting more stuff from this pnp game?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
Like there are countless powers and rich detail stories about things. Why not develope this content for us in future. And yes champions online needs more powers. We need spines, Earth, Wind, Gravity, And even some more meele type classes. I mean how can we have a super hero game with out a storm person? I no this takes time but honestly make a update for this game with lots new powers. I no your all busy but come on now this is Champions online when use said you can pick the hero u envision i took that as a solid deal. Now we cant do that now if we dont got some basic powersets.
Earth shoulda been made in beta and if not why make earth travel? Its pointless without the earth set i think.

Ill be easy now i no this takes time but powersets are just as important as any other new content. If we have more variety then this is really a customization power system.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    This should be directed towards Cryptic and not HeroSteve and the rest of the PnP team... if indeed you are intending to reach them here on this section of the forums. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haze41291 wrote:
    Like there are countless powers and rich detail stories about things. Why not develope this content for us in future. And yes champions online needs more powers. We need spines, Earth, Wind, Gravity, And even some more meele type classes. I mean how can we have a super hero game with out a storm person? I no this takes time but honestly make a update for this game with lots new powers. I no your all busy but come on now this is Champions online when use said you can pick the hero u envision i took that as a solid deal. Now we cant do that now if we dont got some basic powersets.
    Earth shoulda been made in beta and if not why make earth travel? Its pointless without the earth set i think.

Ill be easy now i no this takes time but powersets are just as important as any other new content. If we have more variety then this is really a customization power system.

Spines? Hahahahaha.
    Earth, Wind, Fire...j/k, Wind, Gravity, Magnetics, Kinetics, Radiation, Sonic.
    They got two earth travels, tunneling and earth flight.
    They also need to add powers that ain't from COH like desolidification (I KNOW we won't be able to walk through walls and buildings etc...so waht), density increase, growth, shrinking, invisibility, enhanced senses.
    The way I kinda see Enhanced Senses vs. Invisibility is like this: Rank 3 Enhanced senses with the 'special' advantage...meaning you spent 5 advantage points on it would mean you can see and target a rank 3 invisible target at 10 feet probably, but the target would get his Dodge and Avoidance vs. the attack. Anything less and rank 3 inviso can't be targetted because it can't be seen, but can be hit by an AOE, against which they'd get their dodge bonus and avoidance for invisibility.
    This power is an example of TWO powers from Champions that must be put in the game simultaneously. The game mechanic for perception vs seeing an 'invisible' target in the client window would need to be enhanced. There would need to be 'special effects' for seeing into infrared, ultraviolet, and x-ray vision.
    Danger sense could come in at this time. If it activates you get a dodge/avoidance buff...if you roll a critical on your danger sense...you SEE the target and can fully attack...even if they are invisible.
    I hope they code something similar to this...because it would allow them to actually put FLASH in the game. No not the comic book guy, FLASH, the power...it blinds you. In your client...if your toon was flashed...all you'd see is a blinding white light in your client...or blackness or what ever hue/color the attacker chose until you Z out of it.
    These examples of power would take, I estimate, 6 months to 1 year to develop for these few powers alone.
    Making powers, the effects, the animations, and streamlining it all, I believe, is one of the most difficult, time consuming, and resource intensive development tasks that Cryptic does. When a player says, "I'd like X power" and Cryptic says, "Sure, we'll do that", that player won't see that power in the game at all until 6 months from that time...minimum.
    But, I also believe that when it comes to making powers, making one from scratch is heavy, but making 3 or 4 at the same time isn't 3 or 4 times as heavy, it might only be 1.5 times as heavy. So a 4 power update might take 6 to 9 months...minimum.
    How long did it take to get the Tier 4s?
    How long did it take to get the Craftable Temp Powers?
    Some champions powers not present in the game aren't just 'add a graphical effect', some powers will need game engine add-ons that, yup, you guessed, the folks at cryptic will have to build. But that is OK, those kind s of systems are also useful in game for doing the same kind of effect to players in missions.
    When I ask for shrinking...I can wait until after the level cap goes to 50. I have no problem only being able to take shrinking or desolidification at level 41+, for example.
    For instance, in PvP, you can't electrocute someone to death or similar attacks as effectively if you have to take the 1 point advantage, affects desolidified opponents, on every attack power...kinda cuts into ranks and special advantages a bit, but that is how desolidification works, if a players takes it, they can desolidify and attacks without that advantage do nothing, although a mez might deactivate desolidifation ;-) That is much more powerful than phase shift, by virtue of how it would work...oh yeah, desolidified players can attack each other.
    Duplication? I bet duplication never makes it into the game.
    Multiform? Multiform could be in the game...if they did it as each build could have totally separate power, rank, characteristics and super stat selections, each multiform power would eat a power slot. This power right here is an entire game update in and of itself. This power absolutely should not come into the game until well after the level cap is 50.
    Stretching, clinging, and multiple limbs - I'd like to see these some day soon.
    In fact, some of these powers would definitely give Champions Online a distinct flavor from other comic games, hehe.
    So in conclusion, adding even one power is months of work. So if your being impatient, sorry, that's how it goes.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This thread is for people making this game and new stuff. There is countless info in the CO books that we should be geting more quests and special objectives from these sources. I mean when they made CoH they had to start from stratch. But this game has so many details about things they can do 3 things at once and not one brand new thing at once. Only mean that with all this info they can do things faster with ideas there already. Stories allready written just tweaken needed. Also i really hope to see all the powers from the PnP added(besides time machine one) that wont work well in this game. Unless they made it a power you click on sum1 and they move really slow and stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Regardless of how much source material they have to draw from, creating anything new in mmo terms takes time.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I understand that completely. All im saying is when they do develope new content use stories already done and go from there. They dont have to make up new stories all the time they can use the rich detail stuff. Besides these ones will be made faster then a brand new one. Bc it will just need more edit stuff then just writing a complete new one. Also when making new powers pick up alot from the PnP we want to use them powers.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haze41291 wrote:
    I understand that completely. All im saying is when they do develope new content use stories already done and go from there. They dont have to make up new stories all the time they can use the rich detail stuff. Besides these ones will be made faster then a brand new one. Bc it will just need more edit stuff then just writing a complete new one. Also when making new powers pick up alot from the PnP we want to use them powers.

They're working on it. The Serpent Lantern looks like it's going to draw heavily on lore from VIPER: Coils of the Serpent.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thundrax wrote:
    They're working on it. The Serpent Lantern looks like it's going to draw heavily on lore from VIPER: Coils of the Serpent.

Great friggin' book, one of my favs, actually.

Oh, right.. you wrote it with Steve! You are so awesome, Scott!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Please keep in mind that requests for the MMO to use more information from published Champions books are more likely to be heard by the right people if posted on one of the other message boards devoted to MMO-related topics. This board is about the PnP game specifically, so MMO developers may not check it as much as they do the other fora.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Inorite?

Nothing to see here, move along.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sorry i just looked at the thread and its about PnP. I was just trying to say take the stuff from this PnP game and add more to the MMO. Thanks for your responce but i figured if it was in this section i could get a topic rolling. Just love the stuff from PnP game wish more the powers were added and same with story lines.