test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 9/15/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2022 in Release Notes
13th Anniversary
  • Mega Destroids have been spotted by the Champions Headquarters!
  • Added Steel Commando Bracers, hands and leg Accessories to the store.
  • New Mission: Complete the Destroid Destruction mission 5 times, rewards the Steel Commando Chest Armor. Note: This mission must be completed before 9/22, 7am ST.
  • Travel Powers are featured in the weekly store.
  • Logging in this week will grant the Lucky You title.

Alerts Week
  • For the next week Alerts will grant extra bonuses.

Crafting Week
  • For the next week the Crafting Event will be active.
  • For the next week the cost for removing mods from gear is greatly diminished.

Questionite
  • Special travel powers will be available in the questionite store for the next 2 weeks.

ZEN Store
  • The Freeform slot has been extended for 1 week.
  • Players can claim 1 free aura slot this week. Once per account.

Powers
Collective Will
  • Changed to have a charge time of 1 sec.
  • Reduced activation time to 0.87 sec (from 2).
  • Now summons at your target.

Vapor Form
  • Fixed a bug where this power was displaying the wrong duration while active.
  • Increased stealth duration per rank.

Divine Renewal
  • Reduced adv cost to 2.

Cold Snap
  • This effect can now be reapplied when active.

Ego Sprites
  • Optimized FX.
  • Corrected costs.
  • Removed stacking effect.
  • Now has a chance to disorient targets.
  • Slave Mentality Adv: Now applies after half duration. Slightly increased values.
  • New Adv (2): Applies Illumination after full duration.
  • New Adv (2): Deals additional damage against held and disoriented targets.
  • Players who owned this power will receive a free respec.

Illumination
  • Slightly increased Mend values.

Specs
  • Fixed a bug where the Commander Rapid Response spec was affecting some powers that were not a pet or a summon typed power.
  • Updated tooltip on Enhanced Mending to state that energy builder will not proc the effect.

Devices
Necrullitic Elixir
  • Cooldown reduced to 300 seconds.

Cosmics
Kigatilik
  • Fixed a bug where his basic attack was not tagged as an aoe.

Stores
  • Added Elusiveness Distinguished, Justice and Virtuous gear items.
  • Added Intimidating Distinguished Offense and Placation Virtuous Offense gear items.
  • Fixer has an exchange store to swap out Virtuous or Distinguished Efficiency gear for Speed versions.

Costumes
  • Fixed a bug where the female avatar Cobra legs leather material was not using skin color.
  • Added pattern 2 for Cobra head.
  • Added glow channels for Arcane 2 belt.

Auras
  • Added Legacy IDF and Sneak auras to the free aura store, questionite store, and Exclusive store.

Mods
  • Increased values for Rank 9 Health Core, Energy Core and Superstate Core mods.

Growth Mod
  • Increased rank 9 stats.
  • Increased overall effect of bonus energy.

Qliphothic Energies
  • Increased energy rate to 25/5 sec.
  • Added additional energy bonus.

Gear
Virtuous
  • Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 8energy every 2 seconds.
  • New Set bonus (3): Improves your energy return by 10%. This amount increases to 20% if you are in Support role.

Distinguished
  • Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 8 energy every 2 seconds.
  • New Set bonus (3): Improves your energy return by 10%. This amount increases to 20% if you are in Tank role.
​​

Comments

• Options
    gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 230 Arc User
    Lot of nice QoL touches this week. And thanks for adding a Fixer exchange option on Dist/Virt Efficiency pieces for those that were reconsidering their use after the change. I'll take the 4E/s though, since I usually budget my energy management to just above the minimum I need.

Happy Anniversary, Champions! \o/
  • Options
    What about the helmet?
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    LOVING the anniversary event so far BUT, Wish i could CLAIM the free FF slot, have been at max character slots for few years now but have always been able to claim the event FF slots, cant claim this one, can something be done about this?? either let players at max character slots claim the slot or give something else??
  • Options
    thescottinatorthescottinator Posts: 5 Arc User
    What in the world happened to OV targeting? It's badly broken. I can't acquire ANY OV targets with anything but the basic attack, at least until I have killed at least one target. And nothing beyond melee range.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Huh, the extended free form give away actually worked! Thank you so much. My only source of new characters these days is through Character give aways as I'm over the cap. It's really nice to be able to make new characters again, even if they are only for the Defender training program.
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Oh hey cold snap refresh! Sweet!
  • Options
    Gear
    Virtuous
    • Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 8energy every 2 seconds.
    • New Set bonus (3): Improves your energy return by 10%. This amount increases to 20% if you are in Support role.

Distinguished
    • Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 8 energy every 2 seconds.
    • New Set bonus (3): Improves your energy return by 10%. This amount increases to 20% if you are in Tank role.
    ​​

Could there be a change to let Hybrid roles also get the energy return increase to 20%? Hybrid role tends to struggle a lot with energy and it really deserves the better energy return. Also, with the current Tank and Support role bonuses but no bonus to Hybrid, it makes Hybrid even less of a desirable role choice in comparison and Hybrid role has already not been very popular.
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    LOVING the anniversary event so far BUT, Wish i could CLAIM the free FF slot, have been at max character slots for few years now but have always been able to claim the event FF slots, cant claim this one, can something be done about this?? either let players at max character slots claim the slot or give something else??

OK... just saw this has now been fixed, was able to CLAIM the FF SLOT, TYVM for this... i guess it was a issue with others as well?
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    Something has to be done about running the OMs at city center, they overlap each other a lot and the teamups get messy
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    What in the world happened to OV targeting? It's badly broken. I can't acquire ANY OV targets with anything but the basic attack, at least until I have killed at least one target. And nothing beyond melee range.

The devs don't want OVs messing with the anniversary mission at Champs HQ so OV powers are disabled in an area around it. If you stand in the vicinity of the Until building you will be fine. Pity though that the devs don't remember to let people know about this change.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User

There are a few dead zones where OV powers will be disabled, especially during OM events. If you enter a dead zone, you'll see a debuff icon under your character icon in the upper left hand corner. It has a little DNA picture for the debuff. After you exit the dead zone, you'll still have a countdown on the debuff before your powers return. Even outside of the special events, there's a deadzone north of the Argent building in the park area that I'll sometimes run through on my wait to an OV target.
  • Options
    thescottinatorthescottinator Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thanks to both comments about the OV disable. I have chosen a different (slower) area to run, and it's working now. :)
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Specs
    • Fixed a bug where the Commander Rapid Response spec was affecting some powers that were not a pet or a summon typed power.
    • Updated tooltip on Enhanced Mending to state that energy builder will not proc the effect.
    ​​

Why is it that "bugs" that allow for fun and different builds get instantly squashed, while alert queue issues and bluescreen teamup bugs linger forever?

Could you please focus on the bugs that make the game less fun instead of the ones that make the game more fun?

• Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    For future reference, the Tailor in the Argent Hunting Lodge doesn't count towards to the Top Ten's Heighten Your Fashion.
  • Options
    Can you fix the Retro Steel Commando Chest Armor? Please. It went bugged.
  • Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    13th Anniversary
      Stores
      • Added Elusiveness Distinguished, Justice and Virtuous gear items.
      • Added Intimidating Distinguished Offense and Placation Virtuous Offense gear items.
      • Fixer has an exchange store to swap out Virtuous or Distinguished Efficiency gear for Speed versions.

Gear
      Virtuous

Distinguished
      ​​

Is there any consideration for being able to switch Distinguished Efficiency for Virtuous Efficiency? I have a lot of characters who had Dist. of Eff. for its (former) energy bonus with Virt. offense and defense, and I would love to be able to get the new set bonus, rather than being left on the lurch.