test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forcepower - Singularity Bomb... 10sec CD !?.

Can anyone tell me ANY valid and logical reason why this power should be on a 10sec CD
while there are other powers FAR stronger & AoE that is NO CD at all !?.

I'm just wondering because i've asked this question ever since the revamp of the forcepowers,
and i can't find a reason for this stupid 10Sec CD .

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Well...consider what it can do instead of getting upset about it.
    • High Damage to all targets
    • Knock To to all secondary targets
    • Applies Power Shield to multiple targets
    • Has CC advantage (Stun/Paralyze)

I'm not sure that we immediately have anything in game that's comparable to Singularity Bomb that's not on cooldown.
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Plenty of range AoE's with high damage, and at lvl 20 i'm not impressed by the damage
    of my R3 bomb, it even fails to 1shot grey mobs.
    They could've kept it no CD and given it a CD if you pick the CC-adv, that i would understand.

Powershield is pretty much mehh...
    Knock-to is also pretty mehh since all the mods does it stand back up and scatter again.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    diggot wrote: »
    Plenty of range AoE's with high damage, and at lvl 20 i'm not impressed by the damage
    of my R3 bomb, it even fails to 1shot grey mobs.
    They could've kept it no CD and given it a CD if you pick the CC-adv, that i would understand.

Powershield is pretty much mehh...
    Knock-to is also pretty mehh since all the mods does it stand back up and scatter again.

The purpose of Power Shield is for Field Inversion, so unless you have something to take advantage of it, you aren't going to see much value in it.

I personally agree that Singularity Bomb's CD is a tad overkill. I'd not have minded a 10 seconds base CD if the CC advantage was taken but you also have to consider the range of the AoE effect as well.

Also at level 20 you aren't going to have anywhere near a good grasp on what the power can do at max level. I wouldn't judge its performance at level 20.
  • Options
    Every Crowd Control power has an innate Cooldown unless they're melee
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Every Crowd Control power has an innate Cooldown unless they're melee

Yes i can understand that. But this isn't initially a CC-power, you have to spend 2point Adv to get the CC-property,
    which is why i'm saying that this power should have no CD, and put the CD in with the CC-adv.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    To me, this is a Force version of a Munitions Grenade power, which also have cooldowns. Some powers do and some don't. There's no published parameter that suggests it should be one or the other and exists at the Devs' discretion. Imho, it would be overpowered with the AoE CC advantage and no cooldown but I'd run with it if that did happen :)