test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20220901.3 - Misc Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2022 in PTS - The Archive
Powers
Collective Will
  • Changed to have a charge time of 1 sec.
  • Reduced activation time to 0.87 sec (from 2).
  • Now summons at your target.

Deep Wound
  • Fixed a bug where this effect was fully ignoring resistance.

Soul Vortex
  • Fixed a bug where the device was using level 1 values.

Specs
  • Fixed a bug where the Commander Rapid Response spec was affecting some powers that were not a pet or a summon typed power.

Cosmics
Kigatilik
  • Fixed a bug where his basic attack was not tagged as an aoe.

Social
  • Added map icon for Argent Hunting Lodge.

Costumes
  • Added jacket versions for Cobra and Coyote chest costumes.

Stores
  • Added Elusiveness Distinguished and Virtuous gear items.
  • Added Intimidating Distinguished Offense and Placation Virtuous Offense gear items.

Gear
Virtuous
  • Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 12 energy every 3 seconds.
  • New Set bonus (3): Improves your energy return by 10%.
  • New Set bonus (3): Reduces your threat generation by 30%.

Distinguished
  • Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 12 energy every 3 seconds.
  • New Set bonus (3): Improves your energy return by 10%. This amount increases to 20% if you are in Tank role.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User
    So was making the soul vortex device not stack the reason it ended up breaking because I still can't use more than one of them now, even though in the description it doesn't say it can't stack like other devices
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Current stats of the elusive distinguished gear could be bumped up a bit. It seems like after lithe and elusive monk/swordsman, 103.3% is only achievable with con primary, 618 dex, talons of wrath with an R5 dodge core, full distinguished gear and two R9 lucky gems in the distinguished elusive armor. I don't think that dodge tanks should have to go to those kinds of lengths just to be on the same level as a defiant or invuln tank that can do what they do on all R7 mods. Maybe it doesn't have to be in the form of more dodge rating added to the elusive gear, but maybe a new elusive determination defense?

I also really think that an elusive justice defense wouldn't really do much harm since anyone could very easily just take any elusive dist or virt piece, and get the same effect out of it at the cost of the set bonus. Plus, in the worst case scenario, anyone trying to stack that much dodge on a dps has basically lost a lot of their damage, and energy management still just for a chance to miss a dodge. It's really not much different from taking tights of fitness and putting two impact prisms in. Sure, they'll resist more, but it's not exactly good resistance without the right passive you know?

I also think another good idea would be to divide the energy new power surge gives up so its the same value overall, but per second. It'd make things a lot more fluid.
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    This -30% threat on virtuous set is uncalled for. I have a few tanks who use the set, and am I supposed to go farm another set of GCR for them? At least let us trade in if this change goes through.
  • retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    One of the few times I feel I really need to speak up about something, but the threat reduction bonus on virtuous kills some unique tank and CC builds. My suggestion is to make the threat reduction an option only available on the new gloves, that way if people desire it, they can go after those, and tanks/CCers don't have to worry about their builds being messed up over it, if it becomes a universal set bonus.

The idea is nice, but it really should only be a piece specific addition, the negative threat on just gloves would be more than enough since. . in general, threat isn't a major thing for healers to worry about in the first place.

Everything else looks cool though.
    Post edited by retehi#8400 on
  • Coyote and cobra chest are cool!. Glad to see you can use them with jackets as well. I just hope we can get the option to use the legs parts as standar legs, like the beast one.

About the gear, i'm agreed with H4forum, it could be cool if some toons could get the option to trade their gears, since the theat gen. will be a pain for tanks which already use Virtuous set.
    Also, just an idea about future plans for Justice Set, to add a +5 non super stats bonus as a 3 bonus set, since Distinigished has a +10 as well.
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yeah I gotta agree on the -30% threat 3 set virt bonus being overboard. The new virtuous gloves of placation already fullfill this exact purpose with it's -20% threat effect, making it a set bonus for virtuous as a whole just ends up making the set overly restrictive and takes away some really interesting and fun tank and cc builds.
  • gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 228 Arc User
    Looks like a nice set of tweaks/fixes/additions. More options are always welcome when fine-tuning a character with end-game gear. I'm okay with standardizing Energy Surge into something predictable since the EU bonus is being added. 1s ticks would be smoother, but I imagine 3s ticks are easier on the server.

The addition of jackets for the new chests is also cool. They're not my bag, but more chest options are always great!

I would second...or fifth dropping the -30% Threat from Virt though, as it pigeonholes what it can be used for as a complete set. One of the nice things about Dist, Virt, and Just is that any of them are viable options for fine-tuning what you want out of a build. Each offers something that can skew a build the way you want it to end up. Set-wide threat reduction on Virt forces it into a much narrower selection, especially since the new Placation gloves effectively have this covered.

Thanks, and happy Anniversary, Champions!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I have some virt on my tank, and it will be impossible to use this w/the -threat, would appreciate a swap for these to dist if possible.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • deviskrahdeviskrah Posts: 8 Arc User
    Having + or - Threat on a set is going to knee cap some characters. The better option would be to keep threat as an individual stats for single pieces of gear to encourage diverse game play and builds.

On a side note, if threat can be made to work off all actions as the Virtuous changes seems to be implying, would we be able to get + and - threat mods that work for healing?
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Pumpkin Throw is pointless again with the commander spec fix (it wasn't even good with the spec), though I expected this would be the case eventually as the interaction wasn't intended and I imagine nothing is ever going to be done cause the device is "not meant to be good" for whatever weird reason. I don't know why fun powers/devices can't at least have some form of utility.

While I'd argue fire pits and rez circle shouldn't count for the spec, the fact Shadow Scheme doesn't count for the spec anymore is a bit odd, those are sigils after all.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 12 energy every 3 seconds.
    At least make it 15 energy per 3 seconds, why 12? :weary:
    Gear
    Virtuous

Power Surge effect on the Efficient Utility gear has been changed to provide a flat rate of energy of 12 energy every 3 seconds.

New Set bonus (3): Reduces your threat generation by 30%.
    Self-healing tanks using Virtuous gear is a thing! The reduced Threat Generation is counterproductive for them
    Added Intimidating Distinguished Offense and Placation Virtuous Offense gear items.
    Frustrating late to include a Distinguished that raise Threat for tanks when all the tanks at this point have already full set after so many years
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Added Intimidating Distinguished Offense and Placation Virtuous Offense gear items.
    Frustrating late to include a Distinguished that raise Threat for tanks when all the tanks at this point have already full set after so many years

While I am not going to regear my existing 15 endgame-worthy tanks, I will use these on the few in the current pipeline ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Suggestion: Virtuous 3 Piece Gear Bonus
    Your suggestion: Remove the Threat Reduction as a 3 set Gear Bonus on Virtuous Gear. Update the Virtuous Gauntlets of Placation to have a -50% Threat Generation (which will display as +50% Threat Gen) instead.
    Reasoning: Virtuous Gear Tanks exist and should not suffer because the gear is aimed at healers.

m6zcgr8r5qma.png

ALTERNATIVELY

Suggestion: Virtuous 3 Piece Gear Bonus
    Your suggestion: Ensure the 3 set Gear Bonus on Virtuous Gear for threat reduction only applies if the player is in Support Role.
    Reasoning: Virtuous Gear Tanks exist and should not suffer because the gear is aimed at healers.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
This discussion has been closed.