test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

*sigh* Onslaught Villain farming

So I have only farmed this for gear around when it first came out for the Defender gloves for my one cosmic tank and then said "never again". It was when the two groups at UNTIL would respawn very fast so I would just have to back up to CHQ a bit and they were back so I never had to run around and waste time. I also used questionite to be able to do it multiple times a day and it still took forever it felt like. I really hate pvp and things that basically override one of the whole reasons I play the game which is character creation and power choice (its a glorified become device) and even more so hate that really crucial items like those gloves are in there so I sort of just stopped making tanks since it felt kind of pointless. Recently, I really fell in love with a character I made and want her to be better since she keeps aggro fairly well but loses it when the dps of others in insanely high and its hard to get back and I dont want to be the reason people waste their time wiping on cosmics.

Anyway I guess my question here is, what if any, is the best way to farm currency. Like the best map route since I believe the targets dont respawn fast anymore so I want to be able to do it quickly as possible. I know the first answer is probably gonna be "friends" lol but I pretty much roll solo and also dont want to have to rely on others time running through all their alts just so I can get a kill on them. Plus this system is terrible enough already that I dont want to force someone else to have to go through it also. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I just do the two at Until and run north to the one on the street past the Museum. Then I run back just before the Until ones respawn. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    elseguard#5205 elseguard Posts: 76 Arc User
    I just do the two at Until and run north to the one on the street past the Museum. Then I run back just before the Until ones respawn. Rinse and repeat.

Alright, thank you I will try doing that and hopefully I dont die before I finish the daily lol. Thanks again friend.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I do it with a friend. I knock out 3 Untils then stand on the awning at Mercy hospital (above, away and out of targeting sightof the turrets below) and shoot my friend standing below, near the respawn point, over and over until the mission is done. In between kills I read the news. Goes by pretty fast. After that part is done he pops an OSV near a RenCen turret and I gun him down in a few seconds.

I hate this stupid pseudo-PVP/collusion system with a passion and this is the easiest and most painless way I have found to do it. I've probably farmed ca. 250 pieces of OSV gear this way.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I've been helping one of my buddies do this. And we're doing exactly that. It's still horrendously torturous, and god awfully slow. But, it creeps up, and when you finally get it, it feels like the unbearable horror is lifted from the bottom of your stomach when it's finally over. Just try not to think about 'how many more days of this do I have to endure until it's over', and it'll come soon enough.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    Well I have been doing spookyspectre's suggested method and its been slow going but its my only real option since like I said I dont have friends I usually play with here and also dont want to have to rely on someone else in a task that I already have to wait for the daily mission to cooldown to get a decent amount of currency. Also doing OSV again made me realize how much more of a bad system this is. I have to farm villain tokens, in order to buy a villain to play with, so I can then have the honor of being able to use my questionite to play as a villain more than once a day.

Its like they said, "Whats the worst things we can do for a system" and put it in game. Forced pvp and if you dont want to pvp make it even more annoying to do, and then include the convuluted system I mentioned. "Oh you dont want to do this system cause it sounds bad? Yeah well we have a crucial piece of gear thats clearly meant for PvE by giving you a shield and increased aggro...in a game where holding aggro can be difficult with all the OP DPS." I know all this is old news lol but I was able to ignore it back when I didnt need to do it since I stopped making tanks but doign again just reminds me why a hated it so much.

Anyway thanks for all the help again people.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Atm I am doing 3 OSVs a day (gearing 3 new characters). Takes me about 45 mins to get through them. I read lots of news ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!