test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PFF w/ Other Power Sets

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited September 2022 in Power Discussion
Hi All

With the Force revamp now out, I'm still curious to know if useing PFF with other powers (Exp: TK Blades <Melee Build> with PFF as it's Passive) will work well. As PFF is a very unique passive where it doesn't boost any other stats outside it's shield (So no extra DPS, no melee or range dmg boost)

Ideally the build will be Hybrid to help out the DPS, but I assume Stats/Specs, Forms and EUs will be key to up-keep the DPS?. As example build (this is one of my TK builds but swapped passive and with the new powers)

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
v3.45:38

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Ego Blade
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
Level 6: Ego Blade Dash
Level 8: Personal Force Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Telekinetic Shards (Impaled, Inner Peace)
Level 17: <Singularity Bomb Power>
Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
Level 23: <Shield Restoration Power>
Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Mental Discipline (Id Blades)
Level 35: Telekinetic Reverberation
Level 38: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Power Skating (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Regal Flight

Specializations
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (2/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices

NOTE: New powers are yet to be in the herocreator (obv)
Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Well, you can't use PFF in a dps role, and the build listed the Melee role (instead of Hybrid). You could use PFF to make a sturdier hybrid-dps, but afaik the revamp didn't really change that aspect, and you could just use R3 Invuln (or Regen) to good effect instead. Regardless, I'd prob replace Resurgence w/ Field Surge here (if you're keeping PFF), and you also really don't need the Impaled adv on TK Shards (you prob want to save some adv points for any of the new powers that you'd take).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, you can't use PFF in a dps role, and the build listed the Melee role (instead of Hybrid). You could use PFF to make a sturdier hybrid-dps, but afaik the revamp didn't really change that aspect, and you could just use R3 Invuln (or Regen) to good effect instead. Regardless, I'd prob replace Resurgence w/ Field Surge here (if you're keeping PFF), and you also really don't need the Impaled adv on TK Shards (you prob want to save some adv points for any of the new powers that you'd take).

Build was mostly a mock-up but cheers for the input.

So it is doable to have PFF as a Passive and still roll with TK build setup in mind?, I just curious to see how much DPS I'll lose as the passive (As far I know) does factor a ton in DPS.
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User

So it is doable to have PFF as a Passive and still roll with TK build setup in mind?, I a, just curious to see how much DPS I'll lose as the passive (As far I know) does factor a ton in DPS.

Sure, if you want to do mostly sub-par dps. Any time you take a defensive passive, like PFF, you are saying that you value a bit of survivability over maxing your damage. In tank role you will do the least damage. In hybrid you will do a bit more. But, you will not be top of the pile. Get a set of Justice Gear with all R7 mods and you will do OK at things like Kiga and Ape. If you can do at least 2K dps/second at dino you will at least not be making it more difficult. Of course, if you are just soloing content you can roll with just about anything.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

So it is doable to have PFF as a Passive and still roll with TK build setup in mind?, I a, just curious to see how much DPS I'll lose as the passive (As far I know) does factor a ton in DPS.

Sure, if you want to do mostly sub-par dps. Any time you take a defensive passive, like PFF, you are saying that you value a bit of survivability over maxing your damage. In tank role you will do the least damage. In hybrid you will do a bit more. But, you will not be top of the pile. Get a set of Justice Gear with all R7 mods and you will do OK at things like Kiga and Ape. If you can do at least 2K dps/second at dino you will at least not be making it more difficult. Of course, if you are just soloing content you can roll with just about anything.

My thanks

Yeah, I don't touch endgame content, like the Dino folks from MI or say Doctor D. But still good to know!
    Psi.