test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Powers

124»

Comments

• shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 55 Arc User
    Suggestion: Seconding the opinion that Concussion Grenade's new advantages Demolishing Blast and Dizzying Impact should apply at the same time.

It almost has the same usability as the other power with such advantages, with a completely different theme. Yet it's held back by the fact that one that triggers the other doesn't do so on the first throw, like the other. While you can use the grenade again before Disorient's up, you're waiting a lot longer than the other option, making this still a far more obsolete option.

Also, make it stun innately and have knockback be the advantage.

Because aren't we trying to move away from completely mob-scattering knocks? That's a novelty of the past, a sheer annoyance by today's standards. Knock is just a glorified stun anyway.
  • rileymarks1rileymarks1 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Been testing out the new powers and one thing I have to admit I find awkward is the various ranges in force. It somehow feels very weird to me that my most powerful attack has a range of 100ft, and yet other more simpler powers can only be used at 50ft. I don't mind PBoE powers being short ranged, but I feel all the others should be the same range whether that be 50ft or 100ft. This way soon as you are in range most of your powers can be lit up, rather than having to move closer for certain ones to be available.

And I would of course petition for the majority of the force set range to be 100 ft. There are more than enough midrange powersets set at 50ft. Having a few long range powersets does free up space in boss and cosmic fights. Rather than having to have everyone pushing and shoving to try and stay within that 50ft range mark.

Suggestion
    Make all the ranged powers in force 100 ft rather than having a mix of 100 and 50ft.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    But, then you have all the whiners out at 100' demanding that healers up close to the boss try to figure out where they are and come res them ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    People who prefer to stand at 100' should already have invested in self res and self heals. Just saying.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    re: "Hold the Line" Adv:
    Redirected Force

[*] New Advantage (1): This power counts as using a block for power interaction purposes for a short time. This does not grant any buffs, it only provides protections against powers that check if you are blocking for interaction purposes. The duration increases based on the rank of your Force Shield power.

Perhaps consider expanding this to *any* Block power, not just Force Shield?
    (Although I kind of like the idea from a thematic standpoint, it is a bit limiting.)
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    I dunno... I kinda get the 100' build people wanting a little more because they do get a bit if a raw deal at OMs. 1. because very few supports hang out back there and also 2. they inherently do less dmg than melee. The counter argument most MMO devs make is that melee = more risk but thor meme/is it, really? /thor meme. You have to block a couple more close range PBAoE mechanics but that's about it. Even with that, they're still ahead in the dmg game generally speaking. I suppose you could also add how auras work to that list. They're 100' range but there's also a cap on # of teammates benefitting, giving priority through proximity
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
    The 100ft standard also just helps with the flow of powers. Being able to fire all my utility and damaging powers from 1 location 100' away just makes it feel more natural. Rather than running back and forth. And yes, we in the back usually don't get heals or shields, and we do less damage than melee. We know this and are willing to make that sacrifice for the sake of our toon's concept and gameplay.
  • bigshad24bigshad24 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Bug: Therakiel Eternal Gear doesn't seem to reduce the cooldown on shadow strike. Happens on pts.
    Might be a bit late to get this in here but here is a suggestion...
    BBCode:
    Suggestion
    Can we get an adv on force geyser or some other power that can refresh the shield given by the adv on force blast?

I like taking the shield adv on force blast to help with damage on force cascade, but it feels awkward to constantly have to fully charge force blast every time for that shield. Otherwise, it may just be more prudent to activate protection field itself for a shield instead cause it's quicker.

But protection field can be rather iffy when you want to place the shield on yourself, a lot of times it automatically tries to shield someone else in your group. This is why the shield advantage on force blast is so appealing, it automatically places the shield on me, but of course only on a full charge. Or....

BBCode:
    Suggestion
    Make protection field automatically shield you rather than a teammate unless specified. Or just give us our own personal shield power.

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Might be a bit late to get this in here but here is a suggestion...
    BBCode:
    Suggestion
    Can we get an adv on force geyser or some other power that can refresh the shield given by the adv on force blast?

I like taking the shield adv on force blast to help with damage on force cascade, but it feels awkward to constantly have to fully charge force blast every time for that shield. Otherwise, it may just be more prudent to activate protection field itself for a shield instead cause it's quicker.

But protection field can be rather iffy when you want to place the shield on yourself, a lot of times it automatically tries to shield someone else in your group. This is why the shield advantage on force blast is so appealing, it automatically places the shield on me, but of course only on a full charge. Or....

BBCode:
    Suggestion
    Make protection field automatically shield you rather than a teammate unless specified. Or just give us our own personal shield power.

I use a keybind to target myself and apply Protection Field and other powers that can be applied to myself or teammates.

/bind <key> "+down1 $$ target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>" is an example that may work for you.

The Power slot numbers are

7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 15 |
    | 16 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 14 |
    Yeah, I usually have to do that with protection field, but would rather it automatically target me. Out of curiosity why the +down1 command? The rest of the bind looks normal, but that part is throwing me off.
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    When I first found out and tested the "New and Improved (Hah)" IDF passive I had a rather gutpunch reflex response in the in the normal suggestions forums. Then I took time to calm down by reading the posts here, testing what others tested.

I have at least 50 characters running IDF form. The Passive is weaker, my test character runs a 132 IDF form on live, but only 110 on PTS. The "Resistance" that it gives is about as effective as drinking hot coffee in the summer to refresh yourself under the noon day sun in California. As for "taking resistances into account" it has done that for as long as I have been using it. Basically it is a Damage Soak, not a resistance or shielding effect. Of course others have explained this more than once so I won't go into the numbers.

If you are all fired and hyped up and MUST make it a passive...

Suggestion
    The last line of defense, reducing damage by # damage after resistances and shields have come into play.
    Incoming & Outgoing heals increased by # heals. (Same as Damage reduction)
    In combat ground speed increased by 5ft
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    areee wrote: »
    When I first found out and tested the "New and Improved (Hah)" IDF passive I had a rather gutpunch reflex response in the in the normal suggestions forums. Then I took time to calm down by reading the posts here, testing what others tested.

I have at least 50 characters running IDF form. The Passive is weaker, my test character runs a 132 IDF form on live, but only 110 on PTS. The "Resistance" that it gives is about as effective as drinking hot coffee in the summer to refresh yourself under the noon day sun in California. As for "taking resistances into account" it has done that for as long as I have been using it. Basically it is a Damage Soak, not a resistance or shielding effect. Of course others have explained this more than once so I won't go into the numbers.

Suggestion
    The last line of defense, reducing damage by # damage after resistances and shields have come into play.

IDF has strange language attached to it. I'd definitely agree there which is why it shouldn't be referred to as providing a shield.

It is simply Flat Damage Reduction, which the passive itself buffs. This should be pretty clear when reading the passive text and using it in practice.

This means that if you do your job when using the passive, the Flat Damage Reduction you will acquire in combat will actually outperform your LIVE values.

View this IDF as working similarly to Harbinger, so it will self buff (30% buff to IDF's flat damage reduction/damage absorb & 30% buff to shield strength at max stacks.)

Here's a test example:

unknown.png

As Flat Damage Reduction, it will shave off a set amount of damage from the resisted value you take which is pretty helpful.

The new IDF is clearly designed to be used with shields not entirely independent (much like Harbinger and Life Drain effects).

A movement speed buff tied to IDF sounds like a nice idea, unsure how balanced it'd be though.
    Yeah, I usually have to do that with protection field, but would rather it automatically target me. Out of curiosity why the +down1 command? The rest of the bind looks normal, but that part is throwing me off.

If you put +down1 at the beginning of the "command" part of a bind, it indicates it should be executed when the button is depressed. If you put +up1 it means to execute when the button is released. If the keybind works without it should be fine. It's been a while since I've gotten into keybinds and I probably copied that bind from someone else's keybind post.

Suggestion

IDF has strange language attached to it. I'd definitely agree there which is why it shouldn't be referred to as providing a shield.

It is simply Flat Damage Reduction, which the passive itself buffs. This should be pretty clear when reading the passive text and using it in practice.

This means that if you do your job when using the passive, the Flat Damage Reduction you will acquire in combat will actually outperform your LIVE values.

View this IDF as working similarly to Harbinger, so it will self buff (30% buff to IDF's flat damage reduction/damage absorb & 30% buff to shield strength at max stacks.)

Here's a test example:

unknown.png

As Flat Damage Reduction, it will shave off a set amount of damage from the resisted value you take which is pretty helpful.

The new IDF is clearly designed to be used with shields not entirely independent (much like Harbinger and Life Drain effects).

A movement speed buff tied to IDF sounds like a nice idea, unsure how balanced it'd be though.

I just took something useless and added an effective and unique buff to the aura. If you cannot take the hit then a speedboost to run the hell out of range would be effective. Besides I am just sick and tired of my summons trotting along slowly into combat.
    edited August 2022
    Bug: Inertial Dampening Field
    Where it happens: PTS (& LIVE)
    What happens: Inertial Dampening Field is referred to as "Interial Dampening Field" when retconning. Example provided below:

91vcgc6zaax4.png

--

Bug: Power Rank Up information (excluding Toggle Forms, Slotted Passives and anything else without an energy cost)
    Where it happens: PTS
    What happens: For some reason there's a strange disparity between the listed cost of a power and the actual cost of the ability in practice. This means that powers are advertised as having much higher costs than they actually do in practice. I've used Gravity Driver as an example, but I'm almost certain the extended power description template is simply pulling through the wrong information I've used Gravity Driver and Force Blast as examples below (TP and Form power were both off).

Gravity Driver Rank 1:
    ituiychrrkl8.png

Gravity Driver Rank 2:
    yuseqw02r46v.png

-

Force Blast Rank 1:

unknown.png

Force Blast Rank 2:

unknown.png

-

Bug: Gravity Driver
    What happens: Enhanced descriptions (shown above) state that this power innately stuns foes. This is a old innate effect that has been moved to an advantage and needs to be removed from the main description.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
    BUG: Force Cascade
    What happens: The advanced description for Force Cascade mentions a relic effect called "Exhaustion" which is a lockout for Force Cascade after charging. Please can the enhanced description be updated to remove this reference.

k2qdlq6qt8hd.png
    edited August 2022
    BUG: Vital Shielding
    What happens: The advanced description for Vital Shielding has a spelling mistake in it. Highlighted below.

atxuj2za0dzx.png
    edited August 2022
    BUG: Redirected Force
    What happens: Whilst this power will activate a shared cooldown on self if an active offensive or defensive is used. Redirected Force does not activate a shared cooldown on Active Defensives and Active Offensives when cast. Examples included for clarity below.

Field Surge in use, CD activated on Redirected Force = ✅
    iw86b88v3jwf.png

Ego Surge in use, CD activated on Redirected Force = ✅
    byxi7b9451xo.png

Redirected Force in use, no CD activated on AO's or AD present: = 🚫
    qj8khw2cd0ab.png
    In regards to what RavenForce was saying about power cost disparity, since apparently mobile can't comprehend text quoting, this has been a thing for a long time. Powers you're previewing don't account for any of your cost reduction until you've actually purchased it, so often what you see is the base cost for the power.

As to whether that's a bug or not is not for me to say.
    In regards to what RavenForce was saying about power cost disparity, since apparently mobile can't comprehend text quoting, this has been a thing for a long time. Powers you're previewing don't account for any of your cost reduction until you've actually purchased it, so often what you see is the base cost for the power.

As to whether that's a bug or not is not for me to say.

The problem is that these are purchased powers and I don't see the same thing on LIVE.

Additionally the base cost of the power shouldn't increase with rank.

It is probably nothing to worry about but its good to know what is causing it.
    BUG: Sorcery Auras (AoAC, AoPM, AoED & AoRP)
    What happens: Due to the updated way that Sorcery Auras apply, it is possible to hot swap auras and keep those multiple aura effects running on multiple allies at once. Examples provided below.

Aura of Radiant Protection slotted, Aura of Arcane Clarity, Aura of Primal Majesty, Aura of Ebon Destruction & Aura of Radiant Protection all applying to ally.
    unknown.png

AoED slotted, AoED applies. Base HP highlighted
    unknown.png

AoED slotted, AoED, AoPM & AoRP applies. Boosted HP highlighted
    unknown.png
    About IDF, I think alot of this would have been completely negated if you just left IDF and added the new passive.

I would personally love to see how a summoner would play out with Inertial Dampening Field form and say, Impact Shunt System passive.
    About IDF, I think alot of this would have been completely negated if you just left IDF and added the new passive.

I would personally love to see how a summoner would play out with Inertial Dampening Field form and say, Impact Shunt System passive.

IDF works fairly well as a unique shield support focused passive. Will defo take some getting used to but the way it scales is pretty nice. Doesn't really force PRE.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20220721.9
  • miorummiorum Posts: 42 Arc User
    Several Tier 0 powers will cause the Shredded debuff upon completion. I request for Ricochet Throw - now a Tier 0 Power - to cause the Shredded debuff on a full charge without needing a 2 pt. Advantage.

This will pull the debuffing side of this ability in line with other powers in the same tier.
    (Alternatively, consider a 'boomerang combo' power to cause Shredded, with Richochet Throw having an Advantage to refresh.)
    In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."
    edited August 2022
    Suggestion: Tornado

It would be nice if a % chance to apply Stagger could be added.

Wind has always seemed to have a bit of a disadvantage because of it's multiple types of damage and no single resistance debuff other than Stagger which also requires stacking.

I like the look and utility of Tornado though.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Odd decision to nerf Invocation of the Eclipse, most importantly though the change from melee to ranged is going to affect the majority of players who bought this device. Cause it's bound and it's now going to be useless on the melee characters. Differently from something like turning some PBAoE power from melee damage to ranged, devices don't give retcons.

Any chance we can at least exchange the old one for a bound to account box which once opened binds the device to the character who opens it? or... not touch the device in such way and openly mention it is boosted by melee damage (which a lot of devices and even a few ultimates sometimes forget to mention whether they're considered "melee" or "ranged", mainly a problem with PBAoEs sometimes being melee sometimes being ranged, and sometimes the information being hard to find in the description or just not there).

The switch from Melee to Ranged is very impactful, we spent time farming to get this and now it's going to be left bound in characters that can't use it.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Gravitic Ripple

Corrected fx for area effect.
    No longer applies gravity well.
    This power now repels away targets.
    Changed activation period ot 0.5 seconds (from 1).
    Reduced cooldown to 10 seconds (from 30).
    New Adv (2): Repels targets towards you instead of away.
    What's the deal with this power? It's still 20 Seconds on PTS! 🤔
    And once again, since it lost gravity well it's pretty sad and underwhelming now

Suggestion: Give Gravitic Ripple the NEW Pull as innate effect instead of ADV
    It's such a bad power now
    Powers
    New Power: Tornado

Wind Ultimate
    Deals Crushing and Cold damage to nearby targets.
    Deals Crushing damage to far away targets.
    Pulls in far away targets.
    Chance to repel, knock back or knock up near targets.
    Grants flight.
    Grants immunity to Control effects while maintained.
    BUG: Can't Unlock the Ultimate!
    The Icon is marked as NOT USABLE despite not having it unlocked

"[Inventory] You are unable to use this item due to the requirements on this item. See the description of the item for details."

Also even if it's not that big of a deal! Why is the Item's description using an image of the TEMPEST AT instead of the SQUALL AT?

The ultimate doesn't even deal Electric damage for the TEMPEST to be here
    Strafing Run

Corrected cost.
    Adjusted damage per hit. Overall damage remains the same.
    Any possibility to make it work with Gamepads on the near future?
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Bug: Gravitic Ripple
    What happens: Gravitic Ripple's cooldown is still 20 seconds despite being listed on patch notes as being reduced to 10 seconds. Please fix.

Bug: Gravitic Ripple - Center of Gravity advantage
    What happens: Rune spawned by this power lasts for around 4 seconds before despawning as opposed to the 10 second duration it should have. Please fix.:
    Bug: INERTIAL Dampening Field
    What happens: Inertial Dampening Field is NOW referred to as "Intertial Dampening Field" when retconning. Example provided below. Please fix to "INERTIAL DAMPENING FIELD"

dhrxhbw9arcn.png
    edited August 2022
    Suggestion: Power Shield
    Your suggestion: Increase the duration of Power Shield from 10 seconds to 16 seconds.
    Reasoning: Duration is currently too short for powers like Singularity Bomb to be a reliable applicator considering the base cooldown of the power. Whilst there are other options, Singularity Bomb is the only ability which innately applies Power Shield and should be consistent in doing so. Also there's no harm in having the duration of this ability increased.

Alternatively...

Suggestion: Singularity Bomb
    Your suggestion: Decrease base cooldown from 15 to 10 seconds.
    Reasoning: Cooldown is currently too long for Singularity Bomb to be a reliable applicator of Power Shield considering the current duration of Power Shield. Whilst there are other options, Singularity Bomb is the only ability which innately applies Power Shield and should be consistent in doing so.
    edited August 2022
    Suggestion: Redirected Force
    Your suggestion: Change the Knock resistance this gives to the caster to Knock Immunity for the Caster only. Everyone else gets knock resistance.
    Reasoning: Even with situational awareness, the cost that this power has in terms of locking out AD and AO (as well as taking up an Ult slot), the fact that so many enemies utilize knock MUST BE to be taken into consideration. There is nothing especially "ultimate" or "empowering" or "helpful" about being knocked out of this cast..
    Well, looks like there is no intention of not stealing the only useful form for summoners/pet users, then putting it in an even weaker version as a passive aura.
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    3 permanent pet devices are mentioned on the PTS Notes as being changed to toggles but more than that was done. Here are some unannounced changes:

1. All but 2 that were summon-on-activation are now toggles with a duration of 5 min and cannot stack with one another. 1 that wasn't is Manifest Mind Worms because of its short duration, the other was likely overlooked.
    2. Most are now unaffected by auras.
    3. Manifest Mind Worms now spawns in front of the player instead of behind the target.
    4. Ragged Proletariat's Armband no longer attacks nearby enemies automatically.

...I assume what few that can still be affected by auras were simply overlooked and will be found in time.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
    Put Frail Armor onto more powers
    I hadn't thought about it until this was made that there is no straight piercing debuff, which makes me think about how the powerframes using piercing don't actually use crushing damage. At least, not regularly. So why keep all these powers only using Armor Piercing? Shotgun Blast, Gatling Gun, Straight Shot or Snap Shot, and Storm of Arrows I feel are all good candidates for it. (Snap Shot even has an advantage already named "Frail Armor")

I'd like to reiterate this point. To put it in perspective... this is supposed to be the new pure Piercing debuff. Slashing and Crushing, by comparison, have significantly more ways of being applied, several of which are powers more integral and desirable to a build, while Piercing's is tied to a current 2 powers which I dare say are far more niche.

Alternatively, you can replace some Armor Piercing applicators with Frail Armor.
    It could be considered a balancing thing to replace Armor Piercing with Frail Armor instead of give powers the option to have both, I doubt there'd be pushback so long as the powers have access to at least 1 of the debuffs.
    Suggestion: Straight Shot
    Your suggestion: Add a 1 or 2 point advantage called "Precise Shot" (or something) that applies Frail Armor on full charge for Straight Shot.
    Reasoning: Archery is primarily Piercing damage set and should have the option to debuff much earlier than Desperate Shot.

Suggestion: Frag Grenade
    Your suggestion: Add a 2 point advantage called "Shrapnel" (or something) that applies Frail Armor to primary target when thrown.
    Reasoning: Munitions is an overwhelmingly Piercing damage focused set and should have the option to debuff for its damage type beyond Holdout Shot.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20220721.10
    edited August 2022
    Weather Shaping / Repel mechanics

Suggestion: Weather Shaping
    Your suggestion: Improve Weather Shaping's trigger conditions to "whenever you attempt to repel a target or apply a weather effect (chill, negative ions, stagger) to a target".
    Reasoning: Repel doesn't seem to activate beyond 25ft for some powers and it often isn't clear where this restriction applies. I'm wondering how useful this is for a set like Wind where some of the repels don't trigger consistently (outside of Gust or Wind Breath within 25ft). So improving the options for trigger conditions should go a long way to making this form easier to use. Additionally it makes Chill and NI options within Wind more attractive.
  • wildman#2499 wildman Posts: 2 Arc User

BUG POWER: Typhoon
    What happens: When you use Typhoon on a disoriented target its supposed have a 100 percent chance to apply stagger. This is no longer happening. Please fix this.
  • Suggestion: Straight Shot
    Your suggestion: Add a 1 or 2 point advantage called "Precise Shot" (or something) that applies Frail Armor on full charge for Straight Shot.
    Reasoning: Archery is primarily Piercing damage set and should have the option to debuff much earlier than Desperate Shot.

Straight Shot already has a debuff advantage that requires a full charge: Split The Arrow (applies Armor Piercing, which is the debuff -- Frail Armor is just the refresh). And its annoying. IS THERE another set that requires a full charge to apply their debuff? I'm honestly not sure, but... the mechanics of Archery are... cumbersome. Full charge on a power with an advantage to apply the debuff, take a second power plus advantage to tap to reapply (and the timing really breaks the rhythm), plus a third power with an advantage to get the End discount (because putting it on Straight Shot REALLY breaks the rhythm). Don't get me wrong, the re-work of Archery was a huge boon, but its still cumbersome and underpowered. The rhythm of Straight Shot (debuff) to Focused Shot (repeat) is a little better, except it is of incredibly limited use End Game because of the LOOOOONNNNG charge time of Focused Shot that is interrupted by everything and the cool down buff applied by Focused Shot is neither long enough in duration nor fast enough in charge buff.
  • The Dark Rune enhancement from Condemn went bugged. Can somebody fix it please?
    The Dark Rune enhancement from Condemn went bugged. Can somebody fix it please?

y7nxujbwi6kq.png
This discussion has been closed.