test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Energy Issues

nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
Have there been any changes lately with epidemic or conjuring? My sorcery dps that uses epi as AoE and conjuring as EU is having serious issues maintaining it now. I did not have these issues before the latest patches. I checked through the power changes and didn't notice anything. Did I miss something?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Hmm, w/o any gear or extra stats, on the PTS it's listing a ~47 base energy cost for activation *and* for ticks on Epidemic, which is quite steep (esp for the ticks). Epidemic could be a bit costly (when not using Supernatural Power), but I don't recall it being that expensive before. I don't see any recent changes for Epidemic documented on the PTS either, so maybe it's a bug (energy per tick is usually considerably lower than activation energy on maintains) or just an undocumented nerf (Hurricane's cost was hiked, though that was noted, and it too has its activation energy matching its per-tick energy).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Epidemics energy costs were adjusted on 6/30. Per the 7/7/2022 release notes: Last week Epidemic had it cost corrected without any mention in the patch notes. Players who owned this power prior to 6/30/2022 have received a free respec.
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Epidemics energy costs were adjusted on 6/30. Per the 7/7/2022 release notes: Last week Epidemic had it cost corrected without any mention in the patch notes. Players who owned this power prior to 6/30/2022 have received a free respec.

Well, that explains it. Guess I'll have to mess around with my build again or drop it. :l Annoying that it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. Thank you.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Ah, so I was looking in the wrong place- sorry. Well, sad to hear that it was indeed intentional, as the energy hike seems excessive :/
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Ah, so I was looking in the wrong place- sorry. Well, sad to hear that it was indeed intentional, as the energy hike seems excessive :/

I also feel it is excessive. I cannot find a way to make it work with my build how I would like, so I have to drop it altogether. .-.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    There are more power changes coming with updated costs etc.

I'd strongly recommend utilizing the PTS to test.

I'd also suggest using Supernatural Power with Epidemic. That's what I do and I don't have any energy issues with it (or Defile for that matter)