What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Archetypes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2022 in PTS - The Archive

FC.31.20220721.2

Archetypes

Night Warrior
Corrected diminishing returns on abilities.
Removed Ego stat and added Recovery to help with energy management.
Dev Note: Powers had to be reallocated to account for Shadow Strike's change. This Archetype lacked an energy unlock so it was given one. Concentration was removed as the on-demand heavy hitting powers in this setup are not ranged base.
  • Level 6: Rend And Tear OR Ricochet Throw
  • Level 11: Smoke Bomb Lunge OR Grapple Gun Pull
  • level 14: Form of the Tiger
  • Level 21: Dragon's Claws OR Tiger's Bite
  • Level 25: Relentless
  • level 30: Parry
  • level 40: Strafing Run OR Shadow Strike

The Impulse
Dev Note: Gave this archetype some much needed energy return. Force Snap was removed as it didn't really improve the setup.
  • 6: Force Eruption OR Crushing Wave
  • 11: Protection Field OR Containment Field
  • 14: Force Control
  • 17: Force Cascade
  • 25: Impact Force
  • 30: Field Surge
  • 40: Redirected Force

The Squall
Dev Note: Hurricane's cost correction made it a not very good choice for a level 6 power, even before its adjustment it wouldn't be easily managed at that low level.
  • Level 6: Stormbringer
  • Level 8: Wind Breath OR Frost Breath
  • Level 11: Updraft OR Twister
  • Level 14: Weather Shaping
  • Level 17: Hurricane

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 50 Arc User
    Yeah I know no one cares about ATs but they can't really be tested if they can't be unlocked on the PTS
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Finally an EU for Night Avenger, been way too long without one. Glad to see it's gonna be Relentless too. :smile:
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Whilst Force Snap was counter intuitive for The Impulse AT...it was the ONLY option that the AT had to get any self healing. With Personal Force Field in the state it is in...it is possible some builds relied on this for self sustain because PFF definitely isn't going to help them.

Additionally with the update to Kinetic Manipulation which has made it far more desirable, it may be even more apparent for The Impulse AT to have access to some healing.

qna7onqhb4q7.png

Suggestion: The Impulse AT
    Your suggestion: Keep AT progression as shown above with the edits you've made in, but simply put a choice between Crushing Wave or Force Snap at 11?

6: Force Eruption
    11: Crushing Wave OR Force Snap
    14: Force Control
    17: Protection Field OR Containment Field
    25: Impact Force
    30: Field Surge
    40: Redirected Force OR Force Cascade

• h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    I'm not sure if a healing power is really needed. Wouldn't it fit the concept more if the new shields gave enough sustain, and players use a healing consumable to supplement that? I haven't tested myself, but if sustain is an issue as is, maybe the shields need to be given resistance or increase raw value.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    The Squall setup seem to work out fine so far. You're more or less going to just stack End (rank 5 bare minimum with purple tier secondary and blue gears) just so you can use up the toggle and EU effectively. Under this condition, Hurricane should last forever, and all the power is sustainable.

BBCode:
    Suggestion
    The Squall itself seem to lack any form of self healing. Adding a Restoration Adv on a power like say, either Updraft OR Twister, could help elevate this.
    h4forums wrote: »
    I'm not sure if a healing power is really needed. Wouldn't it fit the concept more if the new shields gave enough sustain, and players use a healing consumable to supplement that? I haven't tested myself, but if sustain is an issue as is, maybe the shields need to be given resistance or increase raw value.

One of the things to keep in mind about CO is never fully trust the shield.

There are damage types out there which bypass shields or effects which strip shields entirely. So heals should never be absent from a structured build (IMO).

What I am saying is that if the option has been there previously...it shouldn't be taken away like this. That's just my opinion.

The only shield that benefits from player resistances within the Impulse AT is Personal Force Field and eventually Redirected Force.

That may be enough, but that's just my thought on the matter.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Please add to updraft a Restoration advantage even it if it means adding a 3 second cooldown to it.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    When I finally look over the Impulse AT, I need to ask, why was Inertial Dampening Field remove? That and as mention by Ravenforce, Force Snap being remove kind of made Impulse AT lose their offtanking status.

Bug
    The Tiger Form from the Night Warrior AT isn't working.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I agree with adding a restoration advantage for the Squall as well as the Impulse, as it would be allowing players who use them to actually do some self healing AND damage.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    If you plan on putting out a new force AT, please consider changing Impulse into either a full support or a full dps role and release the other AT to fill in, because it's already very convoluted to have 3 ATs that are basically the same but with different roles (looking at you tenebrous midnight and void)
    New force AT should be called the Kinetic
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Suggestion:
    Personal Force Field

Suggestion 1:
    I support this. If they plan on making a new Force Support AT they should change Impulse to a tank. What's the point of a hybrid DPS really? That thing can't even dps an alert. Will also add we have enough range DPS ATs.

Give PFF the unique advantage of making PFF much more resistance while the Reckless Advantage active, replenish the shield faster or covert reckless output to self heal better. My favorite is more resistance.

I believe in this as the best option because reckless is the universal power that works with magority builds especially tank ones.

Not a big change but an extraordinary one. I know they are afraid to touch PFF but turning IDF to a support passive is not enough.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Bug
    PTS
    Impulse AT - Activating Redirected Force doesn't put in cooldown Field Surge
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • miorummiorum Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Night Warrior
    Level 6: Rend And Tear OR Ricochet Throw

I see a problem with Rend And Tear (Tier 1) refreshing the Shredded debuff innately, whereas Ricochet Throw (Tier 0) needs a 2 pt. advantage to cause Shredded at range.

Allow Ricochet Throw - a Tier 0 Power - to cause the Shredded debuff on a full charge without needing a 2 pt. Advantage to pull it in line with other Tier 0 Powers.

In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Suggestion:
    Personal Force Field

Suggestion 1:
    I support this. If they plan on making a new Force Support AT they should change Impulse to a tank. What's the point of a hybrid DPS really? That thing can't even dps an alert. Will also add we have enough range DPS ATs.

Give PFF the unique advantage of making PFF much more resistance while the Reckless Advantage active, replenish the shield faster or covert reckless output to self heal better. My favorite is more resistance.

I believe in this as the best option because reckless is the universal power that works with magority builds especially tank ones.

Not a big change but an extraordinary one. I know they are afraid to touch PFF but turning IDF to a support passive is not enough.

Or instead of just activating with Reckless, how about with a variety of other conditions like Furious but does not stack total resistance as you may only need one. That's just to make sure enough builds can activate the effect.

Suggestion 2:
    Finishing a combo, Fully maintaining or charging a power while you have PFF as a passive gives you increased resistance for 20 seconds. Should bring your resistance up to a meta tank.

Devs please at least see over this suggestion.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    Appreciate the update!

Impulse still has access to a self heal via Force Detonation now, so that's a real bonus!
This discussion has been closed.