test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Onslaught Become Villain Device doen't work

elevtherius15elevtherius15 Posts: 2 Arc User
For 3 days in a row

1) When I get the Become villain device and equip it, this doesn't work
2) I cannot discard it
3) This happens to only one of my chars, the one I need the mission (Mika Karvajalka). All others can use the device without any issues

I asked ingame, even very experienced players, they couldn't offer a solution. I also reported the bug to Arc Games support via ticket. They directed me here.

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 642 Arc User
    Are you using the temp villain device from the Onslaught vendor?

Did they work previously on that character or never/not for a long time?

I recently used an OV device and DCed shortly after. When I logged back in the device had expired and I had a genetic exhaustion debuff under my character icon. The debuff was something like 12 hours and an OV device can't be used during that period. I logged out for the day and when I logged back in the following day, it looked like the counter hadn't continued while I was logged out. It took a while for the debuff to go away and then I could use another OV device again.
  • elevtherius15elevtherius15 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Sorry Spooky for the late answer. Yes, it is the temporary one, given with the mission.

As of yesterday, the issue has been resolved. I had done nothing in particular, so it was either fixed by a regular patch or from a gm. Now, if it was a debuff...to be honest, I didn't check. BUT these THREE DAYS I ve played ENOUGH TIME with this char... so any kind of buff should had been gone way earlier.

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 668 Arc User
    You might have had the debuff still, it stops when you log out. Buffs in general stop counting down on logout, just not the transformed state from it. The item itself still will count its time, logged or not, till it is expired, like certain event consumables. So if you let us say farm OV on several chars, you still need to wait an hour logged in so the same char can use another the next day if you logged out right away.