test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/30/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2022 in Release Notes
Patriot Event
  • For the next 2 weeks, the Patriot event will be active.
  • New Mission: Complete the Freedom Isn't Free mission 5 times, rewards the Falcon Helmet costume.
  • Added Falcon Helmet Wings and Falcon Bracers to the event store.
  • Added Star Sky and Maple Sky auras to the event store.
  • All enemies in game can drop event themed items while the event is active. Increased droprate for event items.
  • Added Sparkler Emote as a possible drop from mobs during the event.

Double XP
  • Witchcraft will be available in the Rencen for the next week to give out Double XP.

Lockbox
The Mecha Lockbox is now available.

New to this lockbox:
  • Ultimate Orbital Cannon Power Variant Device
  • Ultimate Chest Beam Power Variant Device
  • D.E.T.E.R. Loyal Sidekick
  • Mecha Costume Box
  • Mecha Aura Box
  • Push Buttons Emote
  • Crack Knuckles Emote

Mecha Costume Box
  • Mecha Case
  • Mecha Arms 1
  • Mecha Arms 2
  • Mecha Armbands 1
  • Mecha Armbands 2
  • Mecha Bracers
  • Mecha Hands
  • Mecha Clamps
  • Mecha Belt
  • Mecha Hips
  • Mecha Legs 1
  • Mecha Legs 2
  • Mecha Leg Armor 1
  • Mecha Leg Armor 2
  • Mecha Greaves 1
  • Mecha Greaves 2
  • Mecha Boots 1
  • Mecha Boots 2

Mecha Aura Box
  • HUD Aura 1
  • HUD Aura 1 (Black)
  • HUD Aura 1 (White)
  • HUD Aura 1 (Rainbow)
  • HUD Aura 2
  • HUD Aura 2 (Black)
  • HUD Aura 2 (White)
  • HUD Aura 2 (Rainbow)
  • HUD Aura 3
  • HUD Aura 3 (Black)
  • HUD Aura 3 (White)
  • HUD Aura 3 (Rainbow)
  • Binary Pulse Aura
  • Binary Pulse Aura (Black)
  • Binary Pulse Aura (White)
  • Binary Pulse Aura (Rainbow)
  • Tech Pulse Aura
  • Tech Pulse Aura (Black)
  • Tech Pulse Aura (White)
  • Tech Pulse Aura (Rainbow)

ZEN Store
New Mechanized Key Pack
  • Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Cosmic keys of Powers
  • 1x Slicer Bracers Costume
  • 25x Teleios's Gadget Mods
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Trade Paperback
  • Trade Paperbacks will be available for the next 2 weeks.
  • Added new store for costumes that take Cosmic vouchers. This store will feature old keypack items.

Costume Contest
  • Due to an error, the title for the Mascot Contest was not available. This has been fixed, and for the next week entering the Powerhouse Theater will grant you the title.
  • Due to an error, the Santa Slayed title was not being properly granted to the winners. This has been fixed.

Alerts
  • Reduced the frequency of certain bosses that appeared too frequently on the Alerts panel.

Bank
  • Fixed an issue where Premium accounts could not purchase additional bank slots.

Aura Storage
  • Increased purchasable aura storage to 400 (from 300).

UI
  • Added new Power Variant device tray. This tray is hidden by default.
  • This tray can be used to equip Power Variant devices.
  • This tray is static across all builds.
  • Added default keybinds for this new tray for keyboards and controllers.
  • Uses DevicesWeapons 0-4 for keybinding purposes.
  • The default location for bags has been moved next to the gear UI.
  • Known issue: There is no color picker on the new tray. This will be addressed in a future update.

Costumes
  • Fixed an issue where the Brutal Sandals were not available on the Beast & Monster legs for the male avatar.
  • Fixed an issue where the Brutal Diamond were not available on the Beast & Monster legs for the female avatar.
  • Fixed an issue where Dragon head costume was missing materials on the male avatar.
  • Added Cloth and Leather material to the Heavy Tech Ventilator shoulders.
  • Added None head option under partial that's freely available.

Powers
  • Trauma advantages: Updated tooltips.

Curse
  • Stuns all targets now instead of primary target.
  • Paralyzes targets if they have 5 or more of your poison effects on them.
  • Area effect is increased if you are affected by Pestilence.
  • Increased cooldown to 12 seconds (from 10).
  • Increased cost.

Soul Mesmerism/Devour Essence
  • Tooltip update.

Bleed/Poison Interactions
  • Fixed an issue where numerous powers that used Bleed or Poison interactions were not working properly

Devices

Power Variants
  • All Power Variants can now only be equipped in the new Power Variant tray.

Ultimate Power Variants
  • These devices act as Ultimate versions of existing powers.
  • You will need to own the power it is an Ultimate version of to equip and use the device.
  • The power of the device scales based on the ranks and advantages purchased on the power. To clarify, advantages purchased will not be applied to the Power Variant, but will act as though you're ranking it up.
  • Archetypes can use these devices as long as they own the power.
  • These devices will be featured in future lockboxes.
  • Dev Note: These are not replacing new Ultimate Powers in lockboxes, there will be new ones in future releases.

Ultimate Orbital Cannon
  • Ultimate Power Variant
  • Must own Orbital Cannon to equip and use.
  • After a few seconds, deals particle damage in a wide area effect around your target.
  • Continues to deal particle damage, this effect will follow the target.
  • Applies Plasma Burn every hit.
  • Leaves behind a Radiation Field, which has a chance to Stun and apply Trauma to targets based on how many stacks of Plasma Burn on them.
  • Puts all other Ultimate Powers on cooldown.
  • Places Orbital Cannon on cooldown.

Ultimate Chest Beam
  • Must own Chest Beam to equip and use.
  • Threat advantages purchased on Chest Beam will be applied to this device.
  • Deals particle damage to targets in front of you. Damage is further boosted based on knock resistance and distance to the target.
  • Applies Burn Through to all targets. Applies Overpower instead if you only hit 1 target.
  • Puts all other Ultimate Powers on cooldown.
โ€‹โ€‹
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    beefy update :open_mouth:
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    I thought there was a shield costume piece from this event? (one that you could put emblems on) Is that a week 2 thing maybe?
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
    I thought there was a shield costume piece from this event? (one that you could put emblems on) Is that a week 2 thing maybe?

Heater Shield, yeah. I saw it in the store on PTS
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    shadow pls :D
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    "25x Teleios's Gadget Mods"

If only this were a signal that a Gadgeteering revamp was around the corner.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11520433-the-mech-lock-box!

I like how the description emhasizes the immense size of the Mechs, but we get the little brothers ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    shadow pls :D

:p
    edited June 2022
    I like how the description emhasizes the immense size of the Mechs, but we get the little brothers ;)

jaaz pls XD
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    My mecha toon is sooo going to get a major costume overhaul! Love these costume pieces! :))
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Tech Pulse Aura (Rainbow)
    This is legit one of the Best RAINBOW auras we got!
    Highly Recommended
    EDIT: In fact here is a GIF because the Preview ingame doesn't make it great justice, it looks muddy there
    F7qe4xX.gif

It Doesn't rotate colours like the others, It's full Rainbow Gradient! Glad to see the Rainbow auras have been improving

Even since last year, I have been craving to make a PRISM-man character, but we don't have Gem as Body material
    Mecha Costume Box
    The chest pieces hands down is the most UNIQUE and best designed :+1:
    It's Bulky, it's mechanical, its an unusual shape from the ordinary costume we been getting, instant 10/10
    7900c966af67f244bef3ee43e1e8eb711656554521.png

The shape of it reminds me of Magitek armour from Final Fantasy VI! Something I can Utilitizing on my own Magitek Armour costume
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited June 2022
    Witchcraft will be available in the Rencen for the next week to give out Double XP
    Perfect! It's gonna be Chill week leveling a new project
    Ultimate Power Variants
    Dev Note: These are not replacing new Ultimate Powers in lockboxes, there will be new ones in future releases.
    Thank you for the official statement!
    Please Don't let Ice, Celestial and Bestial without an ACTUAL DPS Ultimate! EDIT: oh yeah... Telepathy too

You can still give Bladed Fury an 1-point adv and make it scale with ENRAGED instead of FOCUS so it can fit as Bestial Ultimate :V
    UI
    Added new Power Variant device tray. This tray is hidden by default.
    This tray can be used to equip Power Variant devices.
    This tray is static across all builds.
    Added default keybinds for this new tray for keyboards and controllers.
    Uses DevicesWeapons 0-4 for keybinding purposes.
    The default location for bags has been moved next to the gear UI.
    Known issue: There is no color picker on the new tray. This will be addressed in a future update.
    Massive Props :+1: for updating and utilizing unused Gamepad button combos! (It's Dpad Left + buttons, it reflects the Devices input of the Dpad Right)

This pretty much seals it and makes its a pretty and appealing quality of life for Power Valiant Devices, even if I hate seeing those Devices being normalized instead of getting actual proper NEW POWERS!
    But hey, more Tools for theme builds are cool!

However for any follow Gamepad user and enjoyer here is more ~ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS~

You can bind Those devices on button combos to make them work on powertray (Icons won't appear on it though and any power on that slot wont be activated, but you will be able to see on the PVDs trey the Button to activate the power has changed)
    For example I have currently only two characters using PVDs, one using [U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle] and the other [Pulp Fiction Ray Gun]

So I can bound them on the Button I would Normaly use Two Gun Mojo for example, the Y
    /bind YB "+inventoryexec DevicesWeapons 1"

Now If you would like to bind an ULTIMATE! I'm putting the Ultimate Device on the Powertray combo position I'm always familiar when building characters having my Ultimate on the A4 powerslot,
    which is Left Shoulder Button (not trigger) + A button! This will translate into
    /bind LB+AB "+inventoryexec DevicesWeapons 3"

glb57de.png

For additional Gamepad binding information, visit this thread and bind whatever combo of buttons it suits your playstyle (Use /unbind or /unbind_all if you feel you messed up)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/147739/faq-for-playing-champions-online-with-the-xbox360-controller/p1

Have fun and keep rocking that Gamepad Playstyle~! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ’ฏ
    Special Thanks to Omnius for bringing this thread back to attention! It was hidden deep in the forums' history
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited June 2022
    D.E.T.E.R. Loyal Sidekick
    Seriously question... what the heck is going on with this Description!?
    Why the Entire BIO!? and with the constant issue of the Description box not scaling properly!?
    lMfi66o.png
    ๐Ÿ…ฑ๏ธ.E.T.E.R PLZ
    New Mission: Complete the Freedom Isn't Free mission 5 times, rewards the Falcon Helmet costume.
    Added Falcon Helmet Wings and Falcon Bracers to the event store.
    https://youtu.be/QbvFsbc9FB0
    I need to make a Captain Falcon theme build, if only Burning Chi Fist FIRE visuals weren't exlusive to the PULL adv
    And seeing the set on PTS, The Helmet is awesome, the head accessories slap, the Falcon Shoulderpads and Bracers are very Regal-designed ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Very lovely
    edited June 2022
    Speaking of ๐Ÿ…ฑ๏ธ.E.T.E.R! Here is Two GIFs demonstrating his attacks, requested by a Friend!
    GREAT AESTHETICS For Sidekick :smile: Deserved the spot of Theme-Friendly and Flexible Sidekicks! It can fit in so many Builds with gadget or technological theme
    oCE7zVu.gif
    sgcuQNK.gif
    i DON'T LIKE when you are teasing use with Sidekicks who have Access to NPC unique powers and we don't ๐Ÿ˜’ especially for Single Pistols and Non-Toggle Power armour

Those powers can work SO WELL for Non-Toggle PA

Cannon Spray and Cannon Blast (which applies Armor Piercing)
    Hypergun being a particle version of Force Blast/Cascade
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Oh nice. Oh nice. Gotta love those irregular pieces. I can't what to get everything. Two things I live for are robots and lady armor. Mad props to the devs. Keep it up.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    bwkb3gq7vlv4.png
    still can't buy extra bank slots (silver account premium pack owner special FF slot)
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Wow, last week I said I didn't think we'd get this new lockbox this week. I stand corrected. Good work by the Devs to get this all out in time
    edited July 2022
    hFNVi0J.pngb5gz2Yd.png
    Any chance of replacing the Auction House shanty with the new model??? Those NPCS are really outdated and kinda killing the environment. Understand that looks is everything these days. Get with the times.

UJ20vEi.png
    Even the OV smashers of similar design look like they have seen some better days. It looks like a robot I'd rather have stay home and wash some dishes. LoL. Please consider a remodel. May I also add that this is what y'all devs get for doing good. More work. ๐Ÿ˜…
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    Usually the auras are super common and nigh unsellable except at very minimal prices. This time the much more interesting HUD auras are super rare (especially the colorable variety). Would have been nice to make them a little more common.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    "All enemies in game can drop event themed items while the event is active. Increased droprate for event items.
    Added Sparkler Emote as a possible drop from mobs during the event."

Is there a hard cap to how much you can farm in a day? I've been trying to farm the sparkler emote but the stars aren't giving me anything at the moment
    Okay, I think I figured out what's going on, at some point the stars seemed to have been converted to a reward pack in my inventory, I opened all the reward packs and I'm back to collecting stars again as normal.
  • doggepopedoggepope Posts: 32 Arc User
    Patriot Event
    • Due to an error, the Santa Slayed title was not being properly granted to the winners. This has been fixed.

no title :(
    hzwXBDp.png
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    The energy cost of Epidemic appears to have increased significantly. Was this intentional?
    edited July 2022
    The shape of it reminds me of Magitek armour from Final Fantasy VI! Something I can Utilitizing on my own Magitek Armour costume
    AAAAND I talk too soon, this chest piece was NOT design with HUGE and HUGE BEAST stances in mind!
    It just Flops down awkwardly
    pgLu0YM.gif
    It's like looking at those dogs with long Snout that look down and look silly
    Thankfully it's still Salvageable with the pose of R.A.D Sphere that fixes it

Still working on this MECHA project and for reference, THIS is what im trying to emulate
    Magitekarmor.png

The worst addition, or lack of, of this set are the LEGs! Instead of Humanoid legs they should been like this! This set was SO Close to be perfect! Everything else feels bland compared to the Chest piece
    edited July 2022
    snip

To edit your Mecha:
    Test 1 - Try beast mechanical+Toxic steel foot(change the foot because it swallowimg the leg shape). Try a thicker leg assessory on the hip+max them leg and waist sliders+reduce chest width+growth aura

Test 2 - keep what you already+try a different headwear+bubble head aura

I also noticed not much shoulders can look good with the chest piece simply because we dont have enough big epic shoulder armor. I'm still hopeful the costume devs eyes will open in future.

Another problem I have:
    They ignore beast legs completely. Non of those foot assessories work with the calves of the beast legs shape. I said it before and I'll say it again. They just don't make foot accessories for beast legs anymore.
    HtAcr1F.png
    Black Scorpion
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Usually the auras are super common and nigh unsellable except at very minimal prices. This time the much more interesting HUD auras are super rare (especially the colorable variety). Would have been nice to make them a little more common.

I'm wondering if this could be a bug? I haven't seen a tintable HUD aura in the auction house or from opening lockboxes. Can we confirm they are even dropping?
    Yes, I did recieve one and I found one on AH. I imagine that because coloarable auras are the most desired most people are keeping them (not selling them) and we are only seeing the black, while and rainbow being sold. I wonder if the drop rates for coloralbe, rainbow, black and white are all the same?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Speaking of ๐Ÿ…ฑ๏ธ.E.T.E.R! Here is Two GIFs demonstrating his attacks, requested by a Friend!
    GREAT AESTHETICS For Sidekick :smile: Deserved the spot of Theme-Friendly and Flexible Sidekicks! It can fit in so many Builds with gadget or technological theme
    oCE7zVu.gif
    sgcuQNK.gif
    i DON'T LIKE when you are teasing use with Sidekicks who have Access to NPC unique powers and we don't ๐Ÿ˜’ especially for Single Pistols and Non-Toggle Power armour

Those powers can work SO WELL for Non-Toggle PA

Cannon Spray and Cannon Blast (which applies Armor Piercing)
    Hypergun being a particle version of Force Blast/Cascade

To be honest he just uses Black Talon attacks, so nothing really new, but yes i still want single pistol attacks and more gadget stuff, Gadgeteering needs such a desperate rework along Force.
    Added default keybinds for this new tray for keyboards and controllers.

Seems to be some confusion about what this actually means for controllers. I don't see any controller button combos anywhere that actually activate the PVD's and had to manually assign them myself
    edited July 2022
    Yes, I did recieve one and I found one on AH. I imagine that because coloarable auras are the most desired most people are keeping them (not selling them) and we are only seeing the black, while and rainbow being sold. I wonder if the drop rates for coloralbe, rainbow, black and white are all the same?
    I'M STARTING TO THINK THAT Tech Pulse Aura (Rainbow) DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST! 728735578966982677.png?v=1

To be honest he just uses Black Talon attacks, so nothing really new, but yes i still want single pistol attacks and more gadget stuff, Gadgeteering needs such a desperate rework along Force.
    And by Mechassassin and Argent Bots and various other NPCs! That's why i said its NPC exlusive

Its been years and we still don't have access to those Cannon powers despite it would fit perfectly as Power Armour non-toggle and Single Pistol skins ๐Ÿ˜’

The animation has been there for NPCs forever (2 of them too), just make it available for players
    The playerbase has been asking for Single Pistols for years! I can take advantage of this power using the various Hand Cannons we got!
    Seems to be some confusion about what this actually means for controllers. I don't see any controller button combos anywhere that actually activate the PVD's and had to manually assign them myself

It's the Gamepad LEFT Cross direction โ† + A, B, Y, X & R1(Right Shoulder Button not trigger)
    It basically Mirroring the Device input of Gamepads with RIGHT cross direction โ†’ + A, B, Y, X & R1

But at this point I went ahead and bound my gamepad with the thread you linked me to reflect the power tray slot!
    Making a Claw gesture while trying to move and fire is not worth it, I don't need Kid Icarus Uprising type of controls