test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/7/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2022 in Release Notes
Patriot Event
  • Added Falcon Bracer and Falcon Leg Armor to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete the various fireworks missions 5 times, gives the Falcon Shoulders costume.

Double XP
  • This event has been extended until Monday, 10am.

UI
  • Added a new loading screen featuring Thundrax. This screen can appear while loading into Millennium City and the Canadian Wilderness.

Powers
  • Updated sound on Ultimate Chest Beam.
  • Last week Epidemic had it cost corrected without any mention in the patch notes. Players who owned this power prior to 6/30/2022 have received a free respec.
  • Fixed an issue where some Ultimate powers were not going on cooldown when another one was used.

Costumes
  • Fixed a bug where the Falcon side accessories did not have the brushed metal material on the female avatar.
​​

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Wait, isn't Falcon Bracer already in the store? I believe it was already a part of the store since week 1.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    Last week Epidemic had it cost corrected without any mention in the patch notes. Players who owned this power prior to 6/30/2022 have received a free respec.
    ​​

Wait, so the new higher cost is deliberate? I don't understand why you felt this was necessary, there's never been a damage/cost problem with epidemic. It's a good PBAoE but not a broken one.
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Added a new loading screen featuring Thundrax.

Great!
    0ztyr8aare4m.png
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Patriot Event

UI
    • Added a new loading screen featuring Thundrax. This screen can appear while loading into Millennium City and the Canadian Wilderness.

​​

Thank you!! I love that everyone will get to see this!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Patriot Event
    UI
    ​​

Now THIS is a respectful nod to our dear, departed friend. Thank you, Cryptic!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Did the sparkler emote not get released? I see the perk for it, but it shows as _
    unknown.png

The image for it is on the News, but not on these patch notes.
    unknown.png
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Did the sparkler emote not get released? I see the perk for it, but it shows as _
    unknown.png

The image for it is on the News, but not on these patch notes.
    unknown.png

I got one in week one somewhere, but it not counts on the perk also, so it's bugged in a way. I have it on my char useable, but perk seems not affected, probably due to it not shows correctly.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    unknown.png

You got to grind for that sparkle emote, I spent about an hour killing mobs to get it in a random drop.

It was out last week.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Last week Epidemic had it cost corrected without any mention in the patch notes. Players who owned this power prior to 6/30/2022 have received a free respec.
    ​​

Wait, so the new higher cost is deliberate? I don't understand why you felt this was necessary, there's never been a damage/cost problem with epidemic. It's a good PBAoE but not a broken one.
    It's now almost twice the cost of hurricane, does epidemic do twice the damage of hurricane?

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Nice honor for Scott/Thundrax!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    The Artwork is Gorgeous! ✨
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Falcon Leg Accessories are named: Faclon
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Falcon Leg Accessories are named: Faclon

A soon-to-be discovered new alien species for Champions Beyond, perhaps? :p
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    I like that Thundrax loading screen. It's faclon awesome.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Can we PLEASE have the old, useful Debugger back?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Dev wrote Falcon bracer but she mean SHOULDER.

Bug:
    Falcon Shoulder doesn't show on female unless I search it in tailor.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix