test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Raw DPS Output? (Single Blade Vs Dual Blades)

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited July 2022 in Power Discussion
So quick question

In terms of Raw DPS output, are they any significant differences between having a Single Blade Build vs a Dual Blade Build?, as both the names imply, Dual Blades is all AoE based and Single Blade is not.

As AoE can cover multiple mobs at once, I'm starting to think that Dual Blade is and will always be the best around, but you can always have a AoE based Single Blade power to cover that, so I'm not really sure.

But let me know what you think
Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Well, SB also has decent AoE options w/ Scything Blade and Crimson Bloom (Reaper's Caress and Slash can also cleave). For single-targets, SB is more about sustained dmg w/ its bleeds, while DB is more upfront in its dmg (and is better against enemies w/ high resist, thanks to DW's defense ignore). Both can be strong, though in somewhat different contexts.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, SB also has decent AoE options w/ Scything Blade and Crimson Bloom (Reaper's Caress and Slash can also cleave). For single-targets, SB is more about sustained dmg w/ its bleeds, while DB is more upfront in its dmg (and is better against enemies w/ high resist, thanks to DW's defense ignore). Both can be strong, though in somewhat different contexts.

Humm, I see, thanks for the information
    Psi.
    So this is gonna effect my build somewhat: (My "Phantom" build)

Night Warrior
    No longer ignores defenses.
    Increased damage bonus.
    Increased Avoidance Rating.

How much will this effect the build, given I can no longer ignore their Def.
    Psi.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Well, NW is also getting a small buff to its general dmg bonus, which prob means that it'll be a bit stronger vs. some trash and a bit weaker vs. bosses (or mobs that have more resists). The more drastic change to NW is making Shadowstrike a separate power and an Ult. It can still be an okay passive to take for PvE (esp if you still want access to Sneak, are using a wide_odd mix of dmg types, and/or are using charged attacks heavily).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Well, NW is also getting a small buff to its general dmg bonus, which prob means that it'll be a bit stronger vs. some trash and a bit weaker vs. bosses (or mobs that have more resists). The more drastic change to NW is making Shadowstrike a separate power and an Ult. It can still be an okay passive to take for PvE (esp if you still want access to Sneak, are using a wide_odd mix of dmg types, and/or are using charged attacks heavily).

Alright good to kown, thanks.

I was messing around heavily with the OC that had the "Phantom" build and I shifted in-between Single Blade and Dual Blade (with Void powers in the mix). But I wanted to go back to the main roots of the Theme behind the build and went back with how it was, but then I saw the changes, so I held back a little. (My hope was that the defense ignore will make up to DW's defense ignore, but that's out the window)

However I'm debating when ever or not to stick to Single Blade or go for Dual Blades, as DB has bit more "wham feel" to it, feels stronger to play and due to the DW's defense ignore as well, it is quite strong, I may stick to NW as the sneak is still useful and it's still giveing DMG bonus while in cloak.

So I'll see from there and update when the changes go LIVE
    Psi.
  • rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    my dual blades tops cosmics in a mix of heroic and heirloom gear so idk, your results may vary but i find it to be an incredible set with front loaded damage. However nothing quite beats a single O-Katana assault.
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User

Alright good to kown, thanks.

I was messing around heavily with the OC that had the "Phantom" build and I shifted in-between Single Blade and Dual Blade (with Void powers in the mix). But I wanted to go back to the main roots of the Theme behind the build and went back with how it was, but then I saw the changes, so I held back a little. (My hope was that the defense ignore will make up to DW's defense ignore, but that's out the window)

However I'm debating when ever or not to stick to Single Blade or go for Dual Blades, as DB has bit more "wham feel" to it, feels stronger to play and due to the DW's defense ignore as well, it is quite strong, I may stick to NW as the sneak is still useful and it's still giveing DMG bonus while in cloak.

So I'll see from there and update when the changes go LIVE

I'd be surprised if you're really getting that much more "wham" out of the defence ignore. Outside of cosmics or group content I don't think it does a great deal, especially given that other passives do tend to boost damage more.