test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for Criswolf09's AT and Freeform Guides

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but can someone point me to Criswolf09's (and/or others') AT and Freeform guides? Criswolf09's guides were a godsend. They used to be posted to the NPW Forums website, but it looks like they've all been deleted over the past few months.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Huh, that's weird! I visited recently early this month the NPW forums and everything was there

I wonder what happened to him! Even his FF Builds were deleted :fearful:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • It looks like he even deleted his YouTube channel and all of the videos he made as well. His guides were the most up to date available. Right now, I am unsure where to find good advice for builds with the current rendition of the game.
  • tomqqtomqq Posts: 20 Arc User
    Since im a new player i was looking that site alot to get some ideas and notes for all the AT of the game

Until further notice il say visit web archive site and copy paste what guides you need on your pc
    https://web.archive.org/web/20210518141438/https://champions-online.proboards.com/board/3/game-guides
  • The Wayback Machine saved some information but it's only a thimble full. I haven't hooked into the Champions Online Discord. I don't know if people actually use it and what information might be there. Have any of you checked it out?

It seems Cris deleted all of his material manually and thoroughly "everywhere." That bespeaks some anger and upset. It was very useful for new and returning players who had nothing to do with whatever happened. So, thanks Cris for what you did and for while it lasted.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    There's still plenty of information on this site in the Builds and Roles section.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Hey all, I suffered a strong anxiety attack after having an argument with a player, and as a retaliatory effect I deleted all my posts, guides and videos from the NPW forums. I'll restore them in time, but please bear with me.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • tomqqtomqq Posts: 20 Arc User
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    Hey all, I suffered a strong anxiety attack after having an argument with a player, and as a retaliatory effect I deleted all my posts, guides and videos from the NPW forums. I'll restore them in time, but please bear with me.

Take care your self and dont let other people affect you just ignore them :smile:
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2022

I did thought someone must have said something to you to cause this! :fearful:
    As someone with Anxiety Disorder I say take care of yourself, don't worry about it!

Don't push yourself to restore everything instantly, take your time to recover from the Shock
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    @criswolf09 I love your guides, I refer to them all the time.

If you need to sic a Rooster on someone, let me know.
    Hey guys I have a nice update: https://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3485/criswolf09-updated-freeform-guides-2022

I managed to make new updated builds after the anxiety attack, I am doing ok now. My next project is restore the archetype guides.
  • drinfinitydrinfinity Posts: 2 Arc User

Cris, some context before I make the following comment. I was a CoH guy almost from the beginning, same for Champions Online. During that time, I've never written a forum post. I'm going out of my way to write this one because of my longstanding appreciation for the game, the players, and the developers who dedicate themselves to making CO as fun and vibrant now as it was when it was released more than a decade ago. CO wouldn't be churning along today if it weren't for the remarkable efforts of some equally remarkable people. You are definitely one of those people, Cris.

I have ceaseless admiration for people who find a way to transform their passions into something helpful for others. Your guides, your player feedback on multiple forums, and your presence within the CO community have been a gift, more than you may realize. Your guides in particular were invaluable, helping new and returning players navigate CO's byzantine character creation process. I'm certain the time and effort to research and produce that content wasn't trivial.

Unfortunately, it's sometimes the curse of content creators to wonder whether their work has value, especially when it's given freely and generously. Feedback can be spare, and sometimes a single negative comment can erase the balance of the positive. That's an unfair and unequal emotional exchange for hours and hours of dedicated effort, but I'm certain the vast majority of this community doesn't take your work for granted.

Your reasons for removing your content are your own. Your life is your own. And I sincerely hope you come out the other side of what you're dealing with right now better and stronger. Take the time you need to care for yourself, first and foremost. Your research, your writing, and your support of the game will always be appreciated. If - and only if - it's in you to return at some point in the future, I'll be first in line at Ren Center to welcome you back.
  • vulkan#5365 vulkan Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hey guys I have a nice update: https://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3485/criswolf09-updated-freeform-guides-2022

I managed to make new updated builds after the anxiety attack, I am doing ok now. My next project is restore the archetype guides.

Criswolf09, I'm happy you're better. I had depression and anxiety and it's a pain in the a**.
    Your work is amazing, take all the time you need.

| Vulkan, the fiery faun | Lionmaru, the himbo lion | Golden Kalf, the bull of heaven | Phorbas, the horned archer | Tiger Claw, the kung fu disco guy | Herakles, the... well, the Herakles | Winterwind, the god who came from the cold | Pogo, my werewolf fursona | Vulkann, Vulkan from another universe | Zardoz, the half demon mage | Urho, the telepath in leather | Moonshadow, the werewolf rocker |
    Hey guys thanks for the kind words of support. I feel much better now, so I am starting the archetype guide restoration slowly.
    https://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3351/criswolf09s-updated-archetype-guides-2022
    At the time of writing this post there are guides for the Inferno, Soldier, Marksman and Automaton archetypes.