test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20220617.4 - Ultimate Power Variants

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2022 in PTS - The Archive
Lockbox
  • Added HUD Auras, Binary Pulse and tech Pulse auras to the debugger store. (Known issue: No icons/preview images)
  • Added Ultimate Orbital Cannon Variant Device to the debugger store.

Powers
  • Trauma advantages: Updated tooltips.
  • Undo: Fixed an issue where the rez could trigger more than once. Fixed an issue where it could have more than 5 points of advantages.

Ultimate Orbital Cannon
  • Ultimate Power Variant
  • After a few seconds, deals particle damage in a wide area effect around your target.
  • Continues to deal particle damage, this effect will follow the target.
  • Applies Plasma Burn every hit.
  • Leaves behind a Radiation Field, which has a chance to Stun and apply Trauma to targets based on how many stacks of Plasma Burn on them.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 228 Arc User
    Bug (Maybe?): Ultimate Orbital Cannon linked cooldowns
    - Ultimate Orbital Cannon puts regular Orbital Cannon on cooldown for Regular OC's cooldown.
    - Regular Orbital Cannon puts Ultimate Orbital Cannon on cooldown for Regular OC's cooldown.
    - Regular Orbital Cannon adds its cooldown to Ultimate OC if it was already on cooldown, potentially keeping Ultimate OC on cooldown almost indefinitely.

Tested ranks 1, 2, 3 and Anvil of Dawn.

Ultimate Chest Beam does not share this behavior. Regular CB has no cooldown, so its UVD and regular power operate independently. Not sure if it's a bug, but it does put it well behind Ultimate Chest Beam if you ever actually want to use regular Orbital Cannon.

Cooldown issues aside, the secondary effects seem worthwhile for not having Overpower. d('.' )
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Still No Mods nor OSV access to the Debugger!
    Power Variable Devices/Weapon still cannot be manually coloured
    Still No Official Default Gamepad support!
    Are You really going to throw the gamepad users under the bus with this update? 🤨
    Leaves behind a Radiation Field, which has a chance to Stun and apply Trauma to targets based on how many stacks of Plasma Burn on them.
    b54TwbS.png
    Yes
    It's just as big as Black Talon's version!
    Don't expect to be able to stack it with the regular [Orbital Cannon] because it goes on CD
    642fGub.gif
    MA62V6d.gif

Congratulations to the Automaton and the Inventor, two of the worst ATs I had the misfortune to play with getting Orbital Cannon as ultimate device! Like this would help them
    The Inventor Especially which has everything stacked against it in every possible way!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Added HUD Auras, Binary Pulse and tech Pulse auras to the debugger store. (Known issue: No icons/preview images)
    HUD Auras are reused assets from the Data Panel Costume transformation but Smaller!
    6KfDgey.png

Binary Pulse and tech Pulse auras are assets from Technology powers, Zstore aura packs and Cybermind missions
    3awW0hV.gif
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 59 Arc User
    Was the PTS wiped? The character I have on there got deleted and all my accountwide unlocks - like ATs, costumes and powers - are gone.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Was the PTS wiped? The character I have on there got deleted and all my accountwide unlocks - like ATs, costumes and powers - are gone.

Sure looks like it, but PTS has become fairly useless since they messed up the Debugger a few weeks back. No more mods and no OSV currency.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 59 Arc User
    Wait... where did the Mods NPC go? Was about to say that Mods just got moved to an easy-to-miss NPC, but it's completely gone now.
    The HUD auras are nice. I wager that with a little tweaking they could also work as hand auras for the next lockbox.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The HUD auras are nice. I wager that with a little tweaking they could also work as hand auras for the next lockbox.

I am ready for a new Lockbox.
  • c0wb0y33c0wb0y33 Posts: 22 Arc User
    The best thing you can do for Champions Online, is increase the level to 50th, offer two more powers and additional points on super stats.

Also, you might want to bring in some more of the "Pencil & Paper" villains and villain groups. And finally, allow us to fight Dr. Destroyer directly every now and then. And stop using nullifying our travel powers as part of making missions difficult.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Sure looks like it, but PTS has become fairly useless since they messed up the Debugger a few weeks back. No more mods and no OSV currency.

On top of often putting it on PTS only to have it patched in game one day right after. (Or ignoring any feedback anyway.)
    c0wb0y33 wrote: »
    The best thing you can do for Champions Online, is increase the level to 50th, offer two more powers and additional points on super stats.

Also, you might want to bring in some more of the "Pencil & Paper" villains and villain groups. And finally, allow us to fight Dr. Destroyer directly every now and then. And stop using nullifying our travel powers as part of making missions difficult.

Ain't none of that going to happen with the skeleton devs we have.
    JwLmWoa.png
This discussion has been closed.