test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There's a "crushing" imbalance

omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
edited June 2022 in Suggestions Box
Edited. I had originally retracted this because of the first 2 replies making good points. However this was also discussed by several other people on Discord in a fairly in depth conversation in which Kaiserin was involved and participating, and I think it would be wrong to ignore it. The short version, which wasn't disputed by anyone is basically this: The more people at a cosmic with a certain damage type resist debuff there are, the better damage will be by people there using that damage type. Is there a cap at some point? Yes. Does it matter then? Still yes. If there are 10 people at a cosmic dealing crushing damage, and likely also using crushing debuffs, but only a couple of players using some other damage type, they are already at a disadvantage. And it was also undisputed crushing damage resistance debuffs are the most prevalent in the game. We already all know this. I'm probably not the only one who's heard the phrase "crushing damage is king" in game chat.

At one point we were asked "perhaps removing the extra debuff split portion from demolish will address it" which was disagreed with because as was pointed out here in this thread, people will simply migrate to the next best damage type, and we're no further ahead. Several other suggestions were tossed back and forth but the gist of it is that this has at least been acknowledged. What happens and when is another story.

On a side note, the fact that BCF is viewed as the meta dps in the game right now was also raised. Because well it being partially crushing obviously, but more importantly it requires basically zero ramp-up, and hardly needs to be rotated with anything other than a demolish debuff tap. But the real gem of BCF is that it both applies and refreshes its own damage boost. Meaning you do not need to activate another power to get the benefit of Chi Flame because it both gives and refreshes itself

I don't really have a dog in this race tbh, because I've long favored ranged over melee despite the significant dps gap between them. Believe me, if FC wasn't such a massive hog that not too many people jump all over it, you can bet we'd be talking about that too. My point is when an imbalance becomes so glaringly obvious that there's half a dozen of a particular meta at any given OM for every one other "OP meta" framework, that would be a good indication that something ought to be adjusted somehow. There's nothing wrong with correcting imbalances and I don't think dismissal is the right approach
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
Post edited by omnius#0640 on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Personally, since I am not a mini-maxer it doesn't matter to me who is at the top of the score card. I more than pull my weight with whatever build I bring. For me it's just fun to see how well I can do with whatever build I create.

Trying to balance the game is like doing whack a mole anyway. If one power/powerset is nerfed the mini-maxers will just migrate to the next best one.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    The BCF thing has been happening since Unarmed rework. Maybe even before it since the Unarmed AT before had no DR then. Still saddens me when I see a Might toon retcon to Unarmed because BCF is better than Haymaker. But if you think BCF is OP, you should see Ego Blades. That set is like the crit monkey on steriods if you build it right.

Anyways, it's actually not that healthy to keep being fixated on scores on the scoreboard. As long as you do your role well, it's good enough.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I've never been obsessed with "current meta". I love building something different or VERY different and still be viable for the content I wish to play.

I have a Celestial DPS (one darkness power for Dimensional debuff). It surely doesn't top any scoreboards BUT it does well and can make DPS check at dino. Works. Fun. 'nuff said.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    I've never been obsessed with "current meta". I love building something different or VERY different and still be viable for the content I wish to play.

I have a Celestial DPS (one darkness power for Dimensional debuff). It surely doesn't top any scoreboards BUT it does well and can make DPS check at dino. Works. Fun. 'nuff said.​​

I would be curious to see that Celestial DPS, if you wanted to share it in the build section, perhaps? :)
    warcanch wrote: »

I have a Celestial DPS (one darkness power for Dimensional debuff). It surely doesn't top any scoreboards BUT it does well and can make DPS check at dino. Works. Fun. 'nuff said.

I would be curious to see that Celestial DPS, if you wanted to share it in the build section, perhaps? :)

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=38&n=Alter Ego&d=147801UTLHIK063000K000K103K203K904K305MG03Mf03ME00MD03KB01ON01MH00LO0mOQ000FSk0EB604FK10100000000&e=

Nothing real special. I don't get very high ticks from Celestial Conduit, but this character makes DPS checks at Dino. Some minor mods for Dex (total stat is 40). Some gear w/ crit chance. So, he gets 30.6% crit chance, 88% severity.

Alter Ego - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.45:38

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: Sureshot (Dex: 12, Int: 12)
    Level 6: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 18: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Rebuke (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Celestial Conduit (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Illumination (Brilliance)
    Level 11: Vengeance (Rank 2, Redemption Denied)
    Level 14: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Crashing Incantation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Spellcaster
    Level 23: Enchanter (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Redemption (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Conjuring
    Level 35: Shadow Eruption (Drag Back, Envelope In Shadows)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Revitalize (2/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Initiative (1/2)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Necullitic Elixir​​

Whoops, Redemption has the AoE advantage, not r2.​​

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Personally, since I am not a mini-maxer it doesn't matter to me who is at the top of the score card. I more than pull my weight with whatever build I bring. For me it's just fun to see how well I can do with whatever build I create.

Trying to balance the game is like doing whack a mole anyway. If one power/powerset is nerfed the mini-maxers will just migrate to the next best one.
    Anyways, it's actually not that healthy to keep being fixated on scores on the scoreboard. As long as you do your role well, it's good enough.
    Honestly this! I'm actually doing Mini-Maxing builds to a certain degree with a lot of theme builds and I don't care for the Score Board as long as I pull my DPS and Healing contribution for checks, Tanking... not so much anymore!

I REFUSE to be Slave to the Meta 🤷! It's just ruins my fun and it's been pretty draining how Stagnated the Endgame has become! I'm just having fun doing Well-Rounded builds that can deal DPS and Survive/Recover solo content in QWZ which I enjoy doing!

Being so obsessed with the scoreboard is pretty unhealthy!

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • deviskrahdeviskrah Posts: 8 Arc User
    Easy fix, Remove the score boards.
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    They really should. The most famous MMO in existence didn't have them on 'endgame' content and suffered no less for it. You could still parse the scores in chat yeah, but people only cared about that more for a minimum gear check