test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are your thoughts on what to do with the Hero Games?

I notice that nobody plays the Hero Games anymore, so do you think we should just get rid of it? If so, what should we replace it with? If not, why not?

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Eh, I'd only remove them if doing so would lead to more resources to develop some other aspect of the game. Removing them might actually suck away limited resources, so perhaps best to just let them continue to molder.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Removing them would require a huge rework of the queue system - since it's all built on that foundation. There aren't enough people interested in the pvp to keep anything going. And there's nothing to earn from doing it at all, save for an AF that no one really cares about. The pvp ig is super unbalanced as it is.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    It's not like removing the Hero Games would add any kind of resources to any other system. It doesn't eat any actual developer time, nor does it take any noticeable system resources to keep it in.

It is more likely that actually spending time to remove HG would eat up a lot of the minimal resources allocated to CO, slowing down anything new in the pipeline. Actually replacing HG with something else almost certainly requires far more resources than the current owners are willing to allocate.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Guided tours would be nice. The old maps are pretty spacious. They can also rent them out for birthday parties, wedding receptions, and class reunions.

Perhaps a Halloween store.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Fell in the well
    Church rang a bell
    Priests, they just tried to help
    But he went straight to hell
    Lost in the flames, such a shame
    Here be monsters, again
    Here be monsters, again

LoL. They wouldn't even fix pyrimid power. The devs don't care about pvp. I suggested some time ago temporary buffs:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1216436/pvp-daily-buff-24-hour
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    I swear I thought you were talking about the PnP
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • miorummiorum Posts: 42 Arc User
    As seemingly dead and imbalanced as PVP is, there are still folks interested in wailing on other Heroes rather than Villains -- especially if there's an actual incentive to do so.

My proof here is that every Bloodmoon (...for the first week) there's a single PVP mission that people play to get Favor for that event.

The fix, with the current skeleton crew working on CO, is simple:
    Give the Hero Games a Daily and people will be incentivizes to at least try them once.

As for what the Daily could give as a reward, it could be a bulk amount of Acclaim (in which case we need better prizes in the store), Questionite, SCR or even (gasp) GCR.

If you give people a daily incentive to play one of several modes of the Hero Games, you give existing PVPers new targets to wail on; might spark new PVPers needs for competitive play that doesn't involve topping the bizarrely calculated Cosmic OM charts; and will create an additional piece of busywork for people to complete every day because in this business, prolonged player engagement equals money.

In-game, I'm The_Kef -- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "That's really it for Champs."