test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20220527.9 - Alerts

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2022 in PTS - The Archive
Bank
  • Fixed an issue where Premium accounts could not purchase additional bank slots.

Aura Storage
  • Increased purchasable aura storage to 400 (from 300).

Alerts
  • Added Steel Commando as a new Grab, Smash and Burst alert boss.
  • Has a chance to drop the Steel Commando Chest, Helmet and Rifle costumes.
  • For testing purposes, he will be spawned in the rencen.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    :o
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    The Bomb still goes off after destroyed, is a bit bulky considering how fast it blows up and that one spawns per player and damage going through block seems a bit too "evil" for just alert content- content which should incentivize players to learn how to block, though I get that you don't want it to just be ignored and would rather players learn DPS check stuff.

Also considering the explosion works off the Debuff (which I imagine you did that so players don't run out of the damage), it hurts to stay near other players, as while the Debuff itself doesn't show stacking, each bomb will still hurt you, so basically if you have 5 players grouped together and the bombs go off, each player takes 5 times the damage.

No longer relevant.
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    On a different note, if the bombs are going to be *this* weird (it does not feel right to run out of a bomb's range and still take damage), they should follow the player like Vladmir's bats do. It's unintuitive that it just stays in place and hits you regardless, and that they're actually not AoE since it's the debuff that actually harms you. Even still, players would think to move the bomb away from others to save them, and that does not do it.

Alternatively, the AoE range on the debuff that the bombs apply should be big enough to hit everyone, but then damage should be balanced around the possibility of all 5 blowing up.

Also no longer relevant.
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Completed some testing alongside another player, which was pretty informative and useful.

Thanks for dropping him off in Ren Cen, it makes testing him so much easier.

Gonna post bugs in an edit.

BUGS:

- Steel Commando's Particle Bombs grant energy to players.

Example: [Combat (Self)] Steel Commando's Particle Bomb gives 100 Energy to you with Particle Bomb.

- Steel Commando's Particle Bombs additionally deal between 4.5 - 5.6k damage per explosion. Currently, these are ZONE WIDE, and cannot be resisted by any tested source of resistance or defense. They can also critically hit. They cannot be outrun / escaped from either.

Example: [Combat (Self)] Steel Commando's Particle Bomb deals 4522 Particle Damage to you with Particle Bomb. [Combat (Self)] an unknown entity deals 5943 Particle Damage to you with Particle Bomb.

Post edited by theravenforce on
    edited June 2022
    Fun Stuff:

- Steel Commando's Rocket Volley & Energy Gun look really nice animation wise.

Rocket Volley:

unknown.png
    unknown.png

Energy Gun (Maintained Beam):
    unknown.png

Energy Gun (Maintained Spray):
    unknown.png

Energy Gun (Charged Blast -note this increases in VFX size and damage after each third, this is a final third blast):
    unknown.png

- Particle Bombs have 5.5k HP and seem to be very clear animation wise.

Particle Bomb:
    unknown.png

(They have a timer, which is indicated by the closing reticle VFX)

- Steel Commando flies at a good speed, unsure of what his max height is...but I suppose that doesn't matter much.
    unknown.png

Post edited by theravenforce on
    edited June 2022
    Suggestions:

- Please make Steel Commando's look less garish. Lorewise he's called Steel Commando and wears a grey and black suit.

unknown.png
    unknown.png

- If the bombs must continue to ignore all forms of resistance or immunity (and shielding, so yet again PFF is shafted lul)...Please add a wireframe to the bombs to signify blast radius and please ensure that the blast radius is NOT zone wide.

- Consider capping the number of bombs to 3 or 4. Also they should either be something that each player can purge by getting out of range or something that can be destroyed. Having both options nullified by current mechanics is a huge PITA.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20220527.10
    Alerts
    • Fixed an issue where Steel Commando's particle bombs delt damage when out of range.
    ​​

FC.31.20220527.10
    Alerts
    • Fixed an issue where Steel Commando's particle bombs delt damage when out of range.
    ​​

Tested and there seems to be some additional changes made:

- Bombs are no longer valid targets. So this looks like its more of a "GTFO check" which is nice.

(Still strongly suggesting that either his costume is changed to look more like his art, or he's made lore accurate xD)
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @theravenforce said:
    > Tested and there seems to be some additional changes made:
    >
    > - Bombs are no longer valid targets. So this looks like its more of a "GTFO check" which is nice.
    >
    > (Still strongly suggesting that either his costume is changed to look more like his art, or he's made lore accurate xD)

I agree on this point. He looks a bit like every 13 year old's first soldier AT...

That said, the effects look really cool and it's neat to see a lot of effort put into his abilities. Time for my obligatory line of asking why we can get this level of effort when it comes to power reworks...
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    I foresee another few related costume parts retro and other wise maybe from this guy, with a possible up dated look.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    Also would be great to have this as a option for gadgets which maybe where this is heading
    If there was an actual chance of getting to redesign this dude, I'd be in the tailor right now to send over a costume file.

I get that his costume pieces are linked to his current look but damn. Maybe there's a way to use them but still make it look so much better.

I'll maybe come up with something tomorrow, unless someone else beats me to it here.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    It's too bad they are not having a contest for a redesign of Steel Commando.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited June 2022
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    > @theravenforce said:
    > Tested and there seems to be some additional changes made:
    >
    > - Bombs are no longer valid targets. So this looks like its more of a "GTFO check" which is nice.
    >
    > (Still strongly suggesting that either his costume is changed to look more like his art, or he's made lore accurate xD)

I agree on this point. He looks a bit like every 13 year old's first soldier AT...

That said, the effects look really cool and it's neat to see a lot of effort put into his abilities. Time for my obligatory line of asking why we can get this level of effort when it comes to power reworks...

If his look cannot be changed due to the art already in place, simply do an artwork faithful re-colour of the suit.

Here's a quick mock up, mine is a lil on the darker steel-ish side, but I think it looks better than the Pastel Commando look he has right now.

unknown.png

unknown.png

His art for reference:

unknown.png
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Been wondering wear that chest piece was from for decades.

No change to Pyramid Power I see.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • ansharkisharansharkishar Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bug: Rifle says that it unlocks as a back piece.
    Does not in fact unlock as a back piece only as weapon pieces.

Error in the description, or in the unlock?
This discussion has been closed.